2010 College Football Thread
Nov 27, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #571 of 928

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Alot on the line for my Hogs today.  Barring a total meltdown we should be able to pull this one off.  If we do I am going to be anxious to see if the Sugar Bowl Committee finds a way to still jump LSU in instead of us (if Auburn makes it past USC).  They want LSU big time.

If Auburn makes it past USC, not sure what you mean by that?

Yea, the USC that is actually rated this year, not the other one. 

biggrin.gif

Nov 27, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #572 of 928
Okay, things are getting crazy now.  Wisconsin is dismantling NW and really is looking like the best team in the Big Ten.  Utah is looking for its third straight loss, Arkansas is on top of LSU, and two-win Minnesota is leading Iowa at the half...

Nov 27, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #573 of 928
Boy it's been a LONG time since I've posted on here.

But the two teams I'm watching most are South Carolina and SDSU :D.

I was pretty upset that SDSU lost against Utah because I went to that game :p. SDSU has done surprisingly well this season so it's all good :)

Nov 27, 2010 at 7:58 PM Post #575 of 928
Congrats to the Hogs! I can't believe how that last drive ended for LSU. BCS bowl time!

My Vols beat Kentucky for the 26th year running and are bowl eligible! It's a bit better than I thought we would do.

Nov 27, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #576 of 928
I'm eagerly awaiting the start of the Notre Dame v. USC game. I sure hope USC has put themselves together after last week. They usually fall flat once a year, and I hope that Oregon State will be the only time. Man, that was a rough game to watch. The kids held it together well enough this year and had only been decisively beaten by Oregon. But the Beavers are better than their record indicates and Riley is a hell of a good coach. If anything, Oregon better watch out next week. The Civil War is always wild and the Beavers are capable of the upset.

As for the USC game, I'm really happy to see Mustain get a start. Barkley is great, but I've always liked Mustain. This is his last home game and I'm really happy to see him get the start and (hopefully) a victory over our biggest rival. I think a lot of NFL folk will be watching, so a strong performance ought to get Mustain drafted. I'd love to see him end up like Matt Cassel - excellent QB who was unfortunately behind Palmer and Leinart. Still, he was a great backup, got a degree, and is now a starter in the NFL. Mustain deserves the same.

I think USC has a good chance to win this game. They've been steadily improving all year and, if they've gotten past last week, should beat Notre Dame. I also don't think they'll have any trouble with UCLA next week. The Bruins are completely off the tracks. The kids look like they've lost faith in the program. I wonder if Neuheisel will get another year, even. UCLA fans tend to be fairweather ones, so it is possible the Rose Bowl might have more USC fans next week and be something of a home game. If UCLA falls apart against USC, it'll be a long winger in Westwood.

I was surprised to see Boise State fall down, as well as LSU today. The postseason will be interesting, for sure.

Nov 27, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #578 of 928
I was looking forward to the USC game but it's been pre-empted by ABC in favor of the Oklahoma showdown, I guess it's on ESPN2 or something maybe I will check the net.

Anyways I just had to weigh in and say that Boise played well enough to win twice today, it was their kicker that fell down. The WAC has some other good teams, Hawaii is having a great year as well.

And Utah almost went down to BYU, that was a good one.

Nov 27, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #579 of 928
At least USC just got three points, though I wish they had punched it in for seven.

Forgot to mention the Norm Chow controversy over at UCLA. It seems that he might take the fall for this season and there are whispers of him coming back to USC. I'd welcome him back. I don't think he has had much to work with, but think he's capable of grooming Barkley into another Heisman winner. I'd love to see that.

Nov 27, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #580 of 928

As a Sooner fan living in the Northwest, I'll trade ya games. 
wink.gif

Quote:
I was looking forward to the USC game but it's been pre-empted by ABC in favor of the Oklahoma showdown, I guess it's on ESPN2 or something maybe I will check the net.

Anyways I just had to weigh in and say that Boise played well enough to win twice today, it was their kicker that fell down. The WAC has some other good teams, Hawaii is having a great year as well.

And Utah almost went down to BYU, that was a good one.

Nov 27, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #582 of 928
Ronnielee, congrats. Huge win by your hogs.

Interestingly, that will, plus the BSU loss and Wisco crushing my poor wounded Cats, mean Wisco will be a top 5 team tomorrow. Didn't think the B10 champ would crack the top 5 this year.

So it will come down to the SEC title game, I guess. If Auburn beats SC, then it will be them and the Ducks ( this year there is zero chance the Ducks lose the Civil War). If SC wins, it will be Oregon - TCU, right? or is there actually a chance that if Auburn loses, that Wisconsin could actually get the nod ahead of TCU?

Nov 27, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #583 of 928

Quote:
Forgot to mention the Norm Chow controversy over at UCLA. It seems that he might take the fall for this season and there are whispers of him coming back to USC. I'd welcome him back. I don't think he has had much to work with, but think he's capable of grooming Barkley into another Heisman winner. I'd love to see that.

Yea that's interesting about Chow the play-caller, directing an offense he really isn't comfortable with due to differing philosophies with Neuheisel and probably the rest of the coaching staff. UCLA will keep Neuheisel and Chow goes on to glory with Kiffen and the Bruins, we'll see anyways. If that's what happens my guess is that Neuheisel and Chow will both come out of this fine; all marriages are not made in heaven. Always drama in the Southland.

Nov 27, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #584 of 928
So the last Cal game of the season wrapped up today, 13-16 Washington. It was a good game.... I really don't have much to say. Washington made a very risky call, down 13-10 with two seconds left in the fourth to GO FOR A TD on the one yard line, rather than force overtime. They succeeded. Good game Washington. 

Pretty miserable conditions for the last game at Memorial stadium until 2012, when the renovation is complete. There was a small ceremony after the game. 2011 home games will be played at AT&T park, home of the Giants. Maybe some of their goodness will rub off on us. Anyway people were trying to take little bits of nostalgia for themselves from the stadium. I managed to break off a small piece of my seat where I have sat at every home game I have attended since 1992, when I was five days old. Goodbye, section U row 47 seat 9. You will be missed... Until I get my new bench WITH A BACKREST! YEAH!

Just a quick pic hehe

Nov 27, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #585 of 928

Quote:
Ronnielee, congrats. Huge win by your hogs.

Interestingly, that will, plus the BSU loss and Wisco crushing my poor wounded Cats, mean Wisco will be a top 5 team tomorrow. Didn't think the B10 champ would crack the top 5 this year.

So it will come down to the SEC title game, I guess. If Auburn beats SC, then it will be them and the Ducks ( this year there is zero chance the Ducks lose the Civil War). If SC wins, it will be Oregon - TCU, right? or is there actually a chance that if Auburn loses, that Wisconsin could actually get the nod ahead of TCU?

Probably right on that.  Even though Stanford is ahead of Wisco at the moment, don't think they would go for 2 Pac10 teams in Championship game.  I am hoping my Hogs bust into top 10.  Go Boomer Sooners!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back