2010 College Football Thread
Nov 10, 2010 at 4:37 PM Post #497 of 928

Quote:

Kiss the wife and give that Aggie rug rat a head knot for me, Brimstone Aggie. 

I did kiss the wife a few times on Saturday, but then you knew that since we have this freaky psychic connection stemming from our days together at the training academy. That rug rat is a senior by the way and coming up on his last home game in two weeks. *sniff*

I certainly should know better than to come into this thread and bash one of its premier contributors but I just couldn't resist crowing about my one day of glory. We will probably fall back to Earth with a thud on Saturday night in Waco... a trap game if there ever was one.

There was one moment at the game when Aggie fans and Sooner fans cheered wildly in unison. They showed the score of the Texas game in progress (K-State 31 tu 0) on the Jumbotron and the crowd went crazy. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 10, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #501 of 928
I would like to think that Cal will lead maybe at some point in the first half, or maaaaybe the 3rd quarter, Cal has been excellent at home. However theyve played some pretty dismal opponents at home too.... So I'm not sure if it's them being good or not.

Nov 10, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #502 of 928
Quote:
I would like to think that Cal will lead maybe at some point in the first half, or maaaaybe the 3rd quarter, Cal has been excellent at home. However theyve played some pretty dismal opponents at home too.... So I'm not sure if it's them being good or not.

Cal will be lucky to keep it within 40 points.  You know the Ducks have been going through the tapes of the 'SC game, and they're capable of pulling it off.

Nov 10, 2010 at 11:54 PM Post #503 of 928
Oh Uncle Erik, you and your prestigious USC heritage!
biggrin.gif

USC has been the only team to beat cal consistently at home in the past. Not saying that Cal will win, but I hope its more like something within 20.

Nov 13, 2010 at 11:13 AM Post #505 of 928
Interesting stat for Cal fans: Bears haven’t lost at home in an even year since 2002. Looks like that may be about to change.

Nov 13, 2010 at 1:29 PM Post #506 of 928
Man it is POURING rain at our game, holy poop! And as usual we played well first half - let's see what happens second half...

Nov 13, 2010 at 1:52 PM Post #507 of 928
Yes!! The Vols are actually doing relatively decently. We'll have to see how we do in the 2nd half though as we generally start falling apart shortly after the 1st quarter. Bray is playing well but taking some big risks which I think will end up catching us. I'm also worried that we haven't been able to get anything down with our ground game. The next couple of years are looking very promising.

I think S. Carolina will fold against Florida as it seems tradition this time of year even though the Gamecocks seem like the better team. Great start and struggle at the end.

Nov 13, 2010 at 2:44 PM Post #508 of 928

Yes!! The Vols are actually doing relatively decently. We'll have to see how we do in the 2nd half though as we generally start falling apart shortly after the 1st quarter. Bray is playing well but taking some big risks which I think will end up catching us. I'm also worried that we haven't been able to get anything down with our ground game. The next couple of years are looking very promising.

I think S. Carolina will fold against Florida as it seems tradition this time of year even though the Gamecocks seem like the better team. Great start and struggle at the end.

Decent, they are kicking the crap out of old Nutt's boys. I would have been singing Rocky Top if I new all the words. Had to settle on just tapping my feet and humming along. Alway a good day when Nutt gets beat.

Man, Northwestern looked pretty salty on that last drive. Iowa looked flat worn out trying to stop it.

Holy crap, Vols just scored another one. Gotta start humming Rocky Top again.

Nov 13, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #510 of 928
Quote:
Decent, they are kicking the crap out of old Nutt's boys. I would have been singing Rocky Top if I new all the words. Had to settle on just tapping my feet and humming along. Alway a good day when Nutt gets beat.Man, Northwestern looked pretty salty on that last drive. Iowa looked flat worn out trying to stop it.Holy crap, Vols just scored another one. Gotta start humming Rocky Top again.

biggrin.gif

I'm thrilled by the way we played today. I think this is the best we've done all year.

I posted when the score was 28-14 and it looked like Ole Miss was started to get going but thankfully Masoli and our defense had other things in mind. The only thing that would be better is if I could've gone to the game a badly sprained ankle decided that for me.

Oh and Congrats to NW on the win!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back