2010 College Football Thread
Nov 7, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #466 of 928
Virometal,

Nice call on the LSU pick. I half expected Alabama to give LSU a thumpin'.

Also, nice calls to all who had TCU over Utah (which looks like everybody - almost). I actually liked Utah going in.

While OU was pathetic, I'll give props up to the Aggie defense. They rattled Landry Jones early on and then stuck on it. OU can still make it to the big 12 championship, fortunately, but now we have to hope Texas AM drops one somewhere.

Nov 7, 2010 at 5:53 AM Post #467 of 928

Man you need to open up a website and i would pay for your picks all day with this percentage. I didn't see the Cocks gettin lumped like they did , but nice job on the pic's bro. geez 4 for 5 ATS. Cheers
Quote:
I wasn't going to give my picks this week. Then someone offered me $180,000 for them, so I said what the hell, why not? Then Urban Meyer reported me, now I'm in deep doo doo and have to wonder whether my Head-Fi Pickman trophy chances have been jeopardized. 

Gimme Oke State. Mark down the Horny Toads. All hail the Cocks. Have to go Cardinal 'cause of Zona's issues. And you want a upset pick? I got one fella's - the mad hatter is going to beat "I yell at the help" Saban. Yep, you got that right. Book it!

Nov 7, 2010 at 2:43 PM Post #469 of 928
Even the sun shines on a dog's butt every once in a while. Conversationally and in no way bragging, I tried to make money by consistently betting for about five years. Two were okay.
biggrin.gif
Let's just say, that Vegas doesn't build those fancy hotels, because guys like me can outsmart them.

JW:
While OU was pathetic, I'll give props up to the Aggie defense. They rattled Landry Jones early on and then stuck on it. OU can still make it to the big 12 championship, fortunately, but now we have to hope Texas AM drops one somewhere.

Yeah, where is our buddy Maxvla? If MIssouri chapped him so bad, I couldn't imagine last night! One could woulda shoulda that thing to death.

I believe OU does still control its Big 12 destiny, because the Aggies have three overall losses. Should OU win out and Aggieland not lose, then it will be a three way tie for the South. The Sooners should win the tiebreaker in that scenario. 

Now, whether this OU team can win in Stillwater is perhaps the bigger question, plus whether aTm can defeat Nebraska. 

Other than that, I was busy and didn't get to catch a lot of games yesterday. *shrug*

Nov 7, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #470 of 928
Bad memories of away games in College Station kept me away from picking this one. I was also out and about with family shopping for smart phones and having dinner.

Disappointed in the loss, but after the first loss, the rest don't really matter so much.

I do feel sorry for Texas, youch....

OK Not really! Time for some Beevo barbeque. MMMMM.

Nov 7, 2010 at 4:36 PM Post #471 of 928
What a weekend. Two loses and Gabbert has looked like Nebraska/Oklahoma welcomes have took its toll. OT but The Browns beat the Patriots by 20 today. Didn't see that coming.

Nov 7, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #472 of 928
Rams were idle today so I had nothing to watch...
frown.gif

Nov 7, 2010 at 5:19 PM Post #473 of 928
FOX sucks. They opted to show us the Giants-Seahawks (28-0 w/5 minutes left in the first half), when we could have seen the Raiders and the Chiefs in a game that means something, has a storied rivalry, etc.

Nov 7, 2010 at 5:21 PM Post #474 of 928

Quote:
FOX sucks. They opted to show us the Giants-Seahawks (28-0 w/5 minutes left in the first half), when we could have seen the Raiders and the Chiefs in a game that means something, has a storied rivalry, etc.

While I agree, Fox never shows AFC-AFC games (CBS for AFC, Fox for NFC).  Must be a contract thing

Nov 7, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #475 of 928
The weird thing is they had an infomercial on when the guide said football for their early game, and they weren't supposed to be broadcasting any game late according to both the DISH and Yahoo! guides. I had guessed that they would show a late game, but it wasn't the game that I was hoping for 
frown.gif

Nov 7, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #477 of 928
The ASU v. USC game was a real nailbiter yesterday. Lots of credit to ASU for taking advantage of mistakes and nearly pulling off a W. ASU played hard and never gave up.

I was a bit disappointed in the USC offense. They blew it in the red zone several times and I am not happy with the kicker. Had he made those two easy field goals, they would have put the game out of reach much earlier. The defense seemed to be playing better, though, and put some heat on the QB. Special teams saved the day, as well.

If the offense had been on and punched in seven points a few times when they were close, they could have put the game away early.

I think Arizona is up next. I wonder how the Wildcats will be doing after that thumping from Stanford.

Nov 7, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #478 of 928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I do feel sorry for Texas, youch....

OK Not really! Time for some Beevo barbeque. MMMMM.

I don't guess I have to tell ya what made my day 
biggrin.gif
  At any rate, I know we got it in us, we just gotta find it.  Okie State is gonna be a tough one @ home next weekend (my folks went to OSU & my Grandmother was a dietitian there).  Very nice campus by the way.  Like I mentioned before, Texas A&M isn't a great place to have to play, but it's a great place to watch a game.  Not looking forward to that one either.  I think we have a decent chance of beating Florida Atlantic 
biggrin.gif

Enjoyed the Alabama/LSU game.  Honestly, I picked Alabama to win that one.  TCU is looking HOT.  V is the man at calling games!

Nov 7, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #479 of 928
Gotta love how the numbers work at the BCS...  We (MSU) are ranked 10, 10, and 9 in the pols and computers, respectively.  That results in a placement of 11th in the rankings....  Granted, only a tiny margin behind Oklahoma State.

Not complaining, it's not like it really matters.  It all depends on how the Big Ten plays out.

Penn State is starting to impress me.  It might be our second toughest game of the season after at Iowa.

Nov 7, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #480 of 928
Penn State found a QB. When Bolden was in we were killing them. When they put in McGloin, they killed us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back