2010 College Football Thread
Nov 13, 2010 at 4:36 PM Post #511 of 928
Huge win for my Cats! 7 wins will guarantee a bowl. On the downside, our starting QB ruptured his Achilles tendon after throwing the game winning TD pass and is gone for the year.

GA beating Auburn...San Diego State beating TCU...yipes!

Nov 13, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #513 of 928
Kind of like Cal with Oregon, their D really hung tough. USC is looking good against their top-20 matchup, but one gets the feeling that Arizona could screw up a nocturnal emission.

Nov 13, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #514 of 928
I feel so bad for Cal. They almost had that. It's too bad they missed the field goal or that game could have turned out very differently. Props to Cal!

Nov 14, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #516 of 928
And who passes the Ducks?  TCU - after squeaking a horrible SJSU team?  BSU after beating #100 ranked Idaho?  Even Auburn looked shaky. Cam Newton carried them to a comeback victory. He is BY FAR the right guy to win the Heisman.  His team is not even top twenty without him. Auburn may pass the Ducks... but no one else.

Nov 14, 2010 at 12:50 AM Post #517 of 928
Good day for the Badgers: 83 points after scoring on every possession
biggrin.gif

Nov 14, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #518 of 928
Yea Auburn played Georgia, although not that great this year but still tough competition beings an SEC CG, Also No one from the SEC got beat by Nevada or the like.Which Oregon should have crushed Cal. TCU should be tossed out of the top 10 for that matter. IMO i think Boise should be #2 But there conference is High school weak. It's a shame the Ducks laid a big egg in this game.IMO it just confirms what i have posted already in this thread, If the Ducks were in the SEC they wouldn't be the team they are this year.

Nov 14, 2010 at 2:04 AM Post #519 of 928
So close. *sobs*........ Nah I'm really excited. I think that all Cal needs to salvage their fairly below average season is a win over Stanford next week. I think they can pull that off. It's at home.

p.s. screw*** Giorgio Tavecchio! missed a 29 yard field goal!!!

Nov 14, 2010 at 10:23 AM Post #520 of 928

Quote:
So why has NU matched up so well with Iowa this year and in the past? That has always fascinated me - how certain teams have the number of others. 

Good question.  NU is 5-1 vs the Hawks in the last 6 tries.  Hard to explain really.

Really a shame Persa is done for the year.  That is a drag.  But he got his team to a guaranteed bowl berth, and for NU, that means a lot.

Man that Cal-Oregon game was a shocker, even though the Ducks won.  Ducks, Frogs, and A-Tigers all looked mortal!  I have a feeling it will be a wild finish the next few weeks.

Nov 14, 2010 at 9:55 PM Post #521 of 928
Ahhhh... I understand.   The Pac-10 has a better non-conference record than the SEC and is rated above the SEC in the computers. Cal is ranked 15 spots ahead of Georgia in the computers (31 vs 46).  Oregon was at Cal.  Auburn was at home. But the  SEC is the best conference even when their non-conference record is poor; Georgia MUST be tough because they are in the SEC. Hence the Auburn win was respectable and the Oregon win was not. Makes perfect SEC sense.

The crazy thing in football is that people think games prove who is better.  All they prove is who scored more.  Even the best teams lose sometimes, but the rankings reward teams for winning, not for being the better team. This is how it should be.  

PS I just watched the ESPN BCS show; some idiot announcer says "I don't know how the computers could ignore the 83 points scored by Wisconsin."  And they pay him for this lack of homework? The NCAA insists that the computers give them an "ELO CHESS" rating that does not take scores into account. Folks may not like the computers, but they are the only thing we have that is guaranteed to be without conference or region bias.

duggehsmile.png

Nov 14, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #522 of 928

That might be the Lock of the weekend. I know who I'll be betting in that game CAL.
Quote:
So close. *sobs*........ Nah I'm really excited. I think that all Cal needs to salvage their fairly below average season is a win over Stanford next week. I think they can pull that off. It's at home.

Nov 14, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #523 of 928
I'm using my 100th post on this....... GO BEARS!

Quote:
That might be the Lock of the weekend. I know who I'll be betting in that game CAL.
Quote:

Nov 15, 2010 at 3:06 PM Post #524 of 928
Looks like the ESPN Gameday crew will be at Wrigley for the NU -Illinois game!  Gotta love the draw of Wrigley Field.

Here is the way they've configured it:

Nov 15, 2010 at 8:22 PM Post #525 of 928
That just... looks... wrong..
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back