2010 College Football Thread
Sep 16, 2010 at 11:38 AM Post #61 of 928
Cougars by 21! I"d love that and ballsy picks like that. 

I'll dance in the streets, should OU hold the Falcons to 3. That 01 OU D was one of Stoops' best.. The offense however... Speaking of that battle, everything I read about this Air Force edition, points out how salty their D has been of late. Put 48 up or more, and I'll be double excited. OU should be a tough matchup for their option. They claim two experienced DE's and an athletic backer core. Plus, as I inferred earlier, they should run more 4/3, which means Ronnel Lewis - aka The Hammer! I love that guy, like I"m sure every other Sooner. I haven't felt the same buzz in the Gaylord since Brandon Everage or maybe Rufus Alexander was laying wood a few years back. 

One thing does nag me. This Sooner team is overall young and coming off a big win. Young teams believe in press clippings. If they roll out their helmets and expect to win, it could get very interesting. If they put a stomp down, well we could be on to something here, to be further determined over the next few weeks. 

--

As was mentioned earlier, I'm also looking forward to Iowa at Arizona.  It'll be a late game so I can see it. Plus, football always better with a decent beer buzz. :  D

You think Iowa is the real deal Skylab? I've watched tOSU and definitely think they are. 

TTU @ UT is another one I'm curious about. My guess, Longhorns have been putting around and are ready to make a statement that says don't count on a "down" - for Texas that's about two losses - year. 

Sep 16, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #62 of 928
I do think Iowa is the real deal.  Definitely better than Penn State, and likely Wisco.  Claiborne is a beast on D, and as long as Stanzi stays healthy, they will be very, very tough.  I think they will beat Arizona handily, and the AZ Wildcats seem to be pretty good.

Edit - time for Cincy and NC State
biggrin.gif

Sep 18, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #64 of 928

Quote:
Anyone else surprised to see Cal go down, badly, tonight? I was. I was expecting Cal
to be a contender for the Pac-10 title this year.

I wasn't too surprised because other than Oregon, there really isn't any other elite team this year in the Pac 10.  I think Iowa has a good shot at winning the Big Ten.  They have a great defense, stable QB and they play both Ohio St. and Wisconsin at home.  Regarding Wisconsin(since I'm a fan), I think we could win up to 10 games this year, possibly 11(might be dreaming) if we could split one of the Iowa, Ohio St. games.  It would also be great if either Boise St. or TCU could finally get a shot at a national title

Sep 18, 2010 at 10:12 AM Post #66 of 928

Anyone else surprised to see Cal go down, badly, tonight? I was. I was expecting Cal

to be a contender for the Pac-10 title this year.

Ummm...heck yeah I was. Nevada???? I know they have a 7 year senior at QB, but still...

>
Poll question:

This year, will SECESPN's College Gameday be at  one game without a SEC Team involved.

1. Yes

2.. No

3. They won't even this decade. 

I am going with 3. It's their shun to the BigTenNetworkInc.

Sep 18, 2010 at 12:46 PM Post #67 of 928
The Arkansas-Georgia game is looking pretty good right now. Both very good teams. I wonder how this would go if Green was in this one? Both Arkansas and Georgia have great quarterbacks. I think Arkansas has the advantage but it's going to be a fight. Looks like it's going to be a fun one. I wish I could finish watching it.

Sep 18, 2010 at 3:26 PM Post #68 of 928

The Arkansas-Georgia game is looking pretty good right now. Both very good teams. I wonder how this would go if Green was in this one? Both Arkansas and Georgia have great quarterbacks. I think Arkansas has the advantage but it's going to be a fight. Looks like it's going to be a fun one. I wish I could finish watching it.

wow, Bama at Arkansas next week?

Sep 18, 2010 at 3:51 PM Post #69 of 928
Congrats RonnleLee and all Hogs fans!

Sep 18, 2010 at 6:57 PM Post #70 of 928
Skylab, you were right. It was a dogfight at the end. But we came away with the W with a 27-24 score.

OU 3-0, probably one of the toughest non conference schedules of all the top teams. 4 bowl teams, not cream puffs.

Sep 18, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #71 of 928
Quote:
wow, Bama at Arkansas next week?

That should be a great game. I'm glad Arkansas pulled it off this week. The Vols on the other hand missed way too many opportunities and went down pretty hard after that punk fake.
frown.gif

Sep 19, 2010 at 12:23 AM Post #72 of 928
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Shoulda, woulda, coulda! ASU really should have had 3 more TDs in that game. Oh well, I think they made a great showing and outplayed Wisconsin overall. They're very young and have to learn how to finish plays/drives/games and cut down on the bonehead penalties. I feel good about their chances in the Pac this year. Except for next week, Oregon is coming to town. I'll be there screaming my head off, and watching Oregon run up n down the field on us. 
confused_face.gif

Can we officially start the o-ver-rated chant for USC? Barely beat Minn this week.
Colin Kaepernick is the best player in college football that no one knows about, Cal is now fully aware of him. 
wink.gif

Sep 19, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #73 of 928
Barely beat Minnesota? Come on, USC ran all over the Gophers today. The running game looked good, the defense tightened up and they weren't penalized as much as they usually are. I wasn't happy with Barkley's picks, but hopefully they can iron those out. If the defense holds up and the offense continues to improve, USC might be a spoiler this year.

Also, very sorry about ASU. I was hoping they'd pull that one off.

What the hell happened to UCLA? They actually looked good tonight. I figured they'd collapse after the past two weeks, but they seem to be pulling it together.

Sep 19, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #74 of 928
Does anyone else feel that if Cal had a mildly game-competent QB, that they could be close to a Pac-10 Championship? I mean Kevin Riley is just terrible. I have never seen him have a good game against an average opponent. His interceptions are always at the worst times. He overthrows wide open men. he underthrows into coverage. He makes stupid decisions. He is like a high school quarterback. Jeff Tedford should bench him after the Nevada game on Friday.

I may be heavily biased towards Cal... Seeing as I haven't missed a home game in 9 years. Since I was eight. And my dogs name is Oski. I come from an enormous Cal family, It makes me sad to see Stanford playing so well, knowing that Cal has to play them in November.

Anyway, I really think that this year, the Pac-10 is one of the toughest conferences out there. Anyone else think another conference is a lot stronger?

EDIT: I should say that they are much stronger than usual. Lots of ranked teams. It's just sad that they will beat themselves up so bad, same as every year, with upsets. Oregon may end up losing to another Pac-10 team, You know?

Sep 19, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #75 of 928
I'd say the SEC is head and shoulders above all other conferences. They are like the super conference. Every single game in the SEC is the equivalent to a bowl game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back