2010 College Football Thread
Sep 19, 2010 at 7:16 PM Post #76 of 928
Quote:
I'd say the SEC is head and shoulders above all other conferences. They are like the super conference. Every single game in the SEC is the equivalent to a bowl game.

There are a couple of really good conferences this year, Pac-10 most certainly included. I may be biased in saying this but I believe the SEC is the toughest conference. Florida, Alabama, Arkansas, South Carolina, Georgia, LSU, and Auburn are all pretty good this year. Some of them need some work but each team has the potential.

Sep 19, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #77 of 928
Well, I agreed and I'm a OU fan, so certainly not biased towards SEC
smile.gif

Sep 19, 2010 at 7:44 PM Post #78 of 928

Congrats RonnleLee and all Hogs fans!

Thanks man. As close as that game was I am really worried about next week when we face Bama. Did anyone notice how often AJ Green was mentioned. They talked about him more than any of the players actually playing. Hey Viro, of course SEC/ESPN gameday will always be at a SEC game. What else is there to talk about LOL.

Sep 19, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #79 of 928
Maxvla:
OU 3-0, probably one of the toughest non conference schedules of all the top teams. 4 bowl teams, not cream puffs.

Utah State ain't going to a bowl game: they're FCS. Cincy may go to a bowl, only because six wins will get you there. FSU - sure, if they put it together, but you have to admit that they stunk. Air Force - best OOC team OU will play this year. The team seemed flat to me. Hell, the town and stadium seemed flat too. OU does deserve credit for the sched though. They can't help where each team happens to be on the bell curve, at the time of kickoff. 

This team is young and will probably be up an down this year. Sunshine pumping, 3-0 is 3-0, no matter how one may get there. The next two weeks are big of course. First road game, then there is Texas. I'm pretty nervous about both honestly. 

Texas may not have lit up the left side of the column, but that defense looked nassssssssssty. That D could win every game for them, no matter how much their O sputters. 

Oh and good job Mikey Stoops! I love watching that guy coach. He must down five Red Bulls before the game, like Mike Gundy. Speaking of the Spike, where did Pokefan go? They had a big win yesterday. 

Sep 19, 2010 at 11:12 PM Post #81 of 928
Utah State isn't technically a bowl team since they were 4-8 last season, but if you look at their schedule from that year they lost to good teams by less than you might expect. A couple TDs and they would have been.

Team - Margin of loss
Utah - 18
Texas A&M - 8
BYU - 18
New Mexico State - 3
Nevada - 3
Fresno State - 4
Hawaii - 13
Boise State - 31

3 games lost by 4 or less points, two of which (Fresno State and Nevada) were #2 and 3 in the WAC.

So not great, but not a bad team either.

Sep 20, 2010 at 8:38 AM Post #82 of 928
I am starting to have doubts that Landry Jones can lead OU to a big 12 championship this year. Plus, I don't understand why he is throwing the ball 42 times. Ou's running game isn't that bad! Hopefully the Texas game isn't as brutal as it currently looks.

Other tidbits . . . . Airforce is really fun to watch. The Msu/Nd contest was completely absurd. I hope the Msu coach makes a speedy recovery. Nebraska is much better than I thought.

Sep 20, 2010 at 10:09 AM Post #84 of 928
Yep, NU looked very good again. We should be 4-0 entering Big Ten play, which for us is huge.

Ok so I was very wrong about a lot of other things. While I was right about AFA giving OU a run for their money, and Michigan State used trickeration to save me in that game, I owe the Pac Ten an apology. UCLA dominated Houston, and Arizona made what I thought was a good Iowa team look pretty mediocre. I do think that USC only just beating the Gophers, who lost to FCS South Dakota State at home, isn't too impressive, but Wisco should have been better against ASU in spite of getting the Win.

Sep 23, 2010 at 2:25 PM Post #90 of 928
That will be a HUGE game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back