2010 College Football Thread
Oct 8, 2010 at 2:02 PM Post #196 of 928
^ 3 whole hours! Is that big for amateurs? ;P Just messin' around. Enjoy your 'gate. What is on the menu? 

I have no idea about that Big Ten game; just look forward to watching it as well. If only that I haven't watched Robinson yet and love Greg Jones. 

Nebraska appeared solid last night. Allow me to temper that. I've haven't been very impressed with KSU and that loss did nothing to change that obviously. They're about 100th in rushing D. Take that into account and last night was a bit of a wash. I'm one that isn't totally writing off Texas. They have a bye week before Lincoln. And maybe it's because I follow recruiting and know what studs that are in Austin, but I have the feeling the Longhorns aren't going to lay down in Lincoln. I'll judge Nebraska ultimately more on how they perform then. 

Oct 8, 2010 at 2:13 PM Post #197 of 928
Yeah - wow - I was sure wrong.  KSU looked awful, and the Huskers DOMINATED.  I'm impressed, and NOT happy to have them in our division of the Big Ten next year...

My tailgate will be deli subs, the usual snacks and microbrew beer.  Amazingly it's supposed to be 80 degrees here tomorrow - too hot for me to grill.  I will be bringing dual 24" HDTV's in my rig so I can have UM-MSU and Ala-SC both available for viewing during the tailgate
biggrin.gif

Oct 9, 2010 at 2:41 AM Post #198 of 928
Oklahoma State sure looked vulnerable early, but came back from half time a completely different team. Good win and managed to pile on the stats at the same time.

Oh and I almost forgot, Dan Bailey will certainly be in the big leagues. His accuracy and range on kicks is uncanny. 2 52 yarders and a 47 yarder tonight.. and 150+ consecutive PATs.. actually he's never missed a PAT, ever... that's incredible.

Oct 9, 2010 at 9:35 AM Post #199 of 928
Yeah what's with the Cowboys and the slow starts?  Weird.

Today is one of those days that I just absolutely dream about.  Fantastic weather (maybe even TOO warm), I will watch all the morning games at home, when take off for Evanston, watch the UM-Michigan game from the tailgate, and then go in and enjoy a night game between us and Purdue.  That is one fantastic Saturday.

Oct 9, 2010 at 10:04 AM Post #200 of 928
Maxvla:
Oh and I almost forgot, Dan Bailey will certainly be in the big leagues. His accuracy and range on kicks is uncanny. 2 52 yarders and a 47 yarder tonight.. and 150+ consecutive PATs.. actually he's never missed a PAT, ever... that's incredible.

Yeah I would kill for OU to have a guy like that; Blackman too. State has the knack for picking up big time receivers. 

As you know from all the homer radio, next week is big for them Pokes. What is it? They haven't won in Lubbock in 60 something years! Well, the gettin' is good Cowboys. Win that. Then stay undefeated with the Corn on its way to Boone Pickens. Should Red still be undefeated too, that game will be massive. 

Oct 9, 2010 at 4:46 PM Post #201 of 928
Watching MSU-UM right now - I'm actually impressed by both defenses.  Robinson is performing pretty much as I expected, and Bell/Baker/Martin are making up for the MSU OL and Cousins' iffy performance.

Oct 9, 2010 at 4:47 PM Post #202 of 928
The SC vs Alabama game is really impressive. The Gamecocks defense really looks solid and has managed to keep the dynamic duo in check so far. Their offense is also firing on all cylinders. Alabama is going to have to adjust a bit but has the chance to pull it out even though they're down 21-3. Both teams are playing very well but it looks like it'll be an uphill struggle if SC keeps this up. I'm not looking forward to when we have to face the Gamecocks.

Oct 9, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #203 of 928

Quote:
The SC vs Alabama game is really impressive. The Gamecocks defense really looks solid and has managed to keep the dynamic duo in check so far. Their offense is also firing on all cylinders. Alabama is going to have to adjust a bit but has the chance to pull it out even though they're down 21-3. Both teams are playing very well but it looks like it'll be an uphill struggle if SC keeps this up. I'm not looking forward to when we have to face the Gamecocks.

I wish I could watch that game!  Us MSU fans have a vested interest in Alabama losing thanks to the traitor...

Well, UM's defense seems to be falling apart now - and with Robinson's second interception of the game it's hard to see them getting anywhere on offense.  He's playing well other than the couple of slip-ups though.

Oct 9, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #204 of 928
I didn't/don't really think Bama will lose this one. The Tide just have a sense of calmness about them and really don't panic or worry which helps them avoid mental mistakes. SC isn't a slouch though so I'd imagine this would could go either way but it's going to be close however it turns out. Of course I expected the Gamecocks to do well against Bama but not this well so I could be wrong on that one. A very good game so far.

edit: Wow I was wrong......Props to SC on the great win!

Oct 9, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #205 of 928
Well.. now things get interesting.

Oct 9, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #207 of 928
No, Les Miles is the luckiest man in the cosmos. If that lateral had been thrown any way but flat spiral (great bounce), that game would have gone to Florida. This after the 'extra play' win last week... I'm really hoping Auburn or Alabama shuts them down later in the year to equal out Miles' karma.

Oct 9, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #208 of 928

Quote:
No, Les Miles is the luckiest man in the cosmos. If that lateral had been thrown any way but flat spiral (great bounce), that game would have gone to Florida. This after the 'extra play' win last week... I'm really hoping Auburn or Alabama shuts them down later in the year to equal out Miles' karma.

LSU are National Champs, again. I'm calling it here.

Cardiac Cats pull it out of THE HAT, Max. Wes Niles is cured!

Oct 9, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #209 of 928
Didn't know you meant Les Miles when you said Lester. I was also thrown off by your Cal congratulations. I thought Lester was some QB for Cal or something lol.

Oct 10, 2010 at 12:07 AM Post #210 of 928

Quote:
Didn't know you meant Les Miles when you said Lester. I was also thrown off by your Cal congratulations. I thought Lester was some QB for Cal or something lol.

Lester is what we call him down yonder here-a-abouts.
bigsmile_face.gif

I can't believe all those awful people who were calling for his job. Like the man was to be tossed like a bruised apple core or a Hot Pockets crisping sleeve.

This was a fantastic weekend. Congrats to the Gamecocks, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back