2007 NBA Playoffs Thread
Apr 24, 2007 at 7:00 AM Post #46 of 378
Yes, the Suns played like crap in Game 1. Kobe was on fire in the first half, and the Suns were missing wide open jump shots left and right. Still, one spurt by Barbosa and the game was over.

Regarding Mavs-GS, the problem is that of all the Mavs, maybe only Howard could guard Baron. That would leave who to guard Jackson or Richardson? no one. This is a nightmare matchup that will exploit playing two small pgs like the Mavs are doing. Hammer inside with Diop and Dampier? LOL. Those guys can barely touch the ball without travelling or turning it over. Also, Harrington would just abuse either one of those guys on the perimeter.

These Warriors are a good team, playing like a 50+ win club at the moment. 16-5 to close the season is NOT the typical 8 seed resume (compare GS to say, Utah).

Apr 24, 2007 at 7:06 AM Post #47 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by mdjenders /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, the Suns played like crap in Game 1. Kobe was on fire in the first half, and the Suns were missing wide open jump shots left and right. Still, one spurt by Barbosa and the game was over.

QFT.

Like I said before, if the Suns score under 100, they probably played like crap. It seemed they missed more than normal behind the arc, as well as missing the standard jumpers.

Apr 24, 2007 at 8:07 PM Post #49 of 378
Quote:

Regarding Mavs-GS, the problem is that of all the Mavs, maybe only Howard could guard Baron. That would leave who to guard Jackson or Richardson? no one. This is a nightmare matchup that will exploit playing two small pgs like the Mavs are doing. Hammer inside with Diop and Dampier? LOL. Those guys can barely touch the ball without travelling or turning it over. Also, Harrington would just abuse either one of those guys on the perimeter.

These Warriors are a good team, playing like a 50+ win club at the moment. 16-5 to close the season is NOT the typical 8 seed resume (compare GS to say, Utah).

Aah... so I take it Dampier is not the ~17 PPG stud that he once was with GS...LOL. I haven't been following Dallas much this season at all.

Apr 25, 2007 at 12:31 AM Post #50 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aah... so I take it Dampier is not the ~17 PPG stud that he once was with GS...LOL. I haven't been following Dallas much this season at all.

haha. are you sure it was 17ppg? i seriously thought it was 27ppg and 15rpg. him and adonal were tearing up the league. the best center tandem ever. it's just too bad the warriors couldn't afford to keep him, so off to dallas he went.

Apr 25, 2007 at 3:50 AM Post #51 of 378
LOL. Foyle is teh best!

On a more serious note, what an ass beating Phoenix is giving Kobe's boys tonight. At the half, Barkley says the Lakers should go to "plan B", which is trying to run with the Suns. God, I hope they try that
smily_headphones1.gif
!

Apr 25, 2007 at 5:16 AM Post #52 of 378
Quote:

LOL. Foyle is teh best!

On a more serious note, what an ass beating Phoenix is giving Kobe's boys tonight. At the half, Barkley says the Lakers should go to "plan B", which is trying to run with the Suns. God, I hope they try that
smily_headphones1.gif
!

Did Barkley have any little treasures to say about the Suns? Most of the time he's really negative when he talks about them.

I'd say the Suns pretty much played to their potential tonight
very_evil_smiley.gif
. That's what it looks like when the Suns aren't "sucking".

Apr 25, 2007 at 5:20 AM Post #53 of 378
I predict that either the Suns or the Spurs will win the west. The Marvs are great but Dirk is no show during the big moment. Oh well, any teams is better than my Hawk!

Apr 25, 2007 at 6:30 AM Post #54 of 378
I love this Suns series. A rested Nash will reap dividends in the next series.

Big games tomorrow!!!! GO WARRIORS AND NUGGETS.

Apr 26, 2007 at 1:54 AM Post #57 of 378
I am very impressed at the fans in Toronto. The ACC is LOUD!!!!

Also, LOL at Dampier tonight. What a stiff.

Apr 26, 2007 at 3:48 AM Post #58 of 378
Look at the FT differential in this game. With how hard the Warriors have been attacking the backet, that is ridiculous.

Apr 26, 2007 at 5:54 AM Post #59 of 378
Game two Suns v Lakers.....LAME
Game two Mavericks v Warriors.....so sad to see ejections, i blame nelly for not taking Davis out at the end of the quarter, when he just had a bad foul, and not sticking up for his two best players. He could have at least showed a little emotion.

AveryJohnson was smart enough to take out JoshHoward with a minute to go in the 3rd quarter so he doesnt pick up a foul...Nelly leaves Davis in there, he picks up two quick fouls and gets tossed!!! Come on coach, manage your team. go warriors, i hope they win another one to make things interesting. exciting team, so many open court steals.

Apr 27, 2007 at 1:52 AM Post #60 of 378
sad to see the w's lose.

but more than anything, i want the w's to win at least one more game even if they lose the series at the end, just to prove barkley wrong. total lack of respect for the w's. he kept saying the w's take bad shots and this and that. man, if you've been following the w's this season, that's the way they play.

give me at least one more win, so i can yell at the TV and say "I TOLD YOU, STUPID BARKLEY!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back