2007 NBA Playoffs Thread
Apr 21, 2007 at 12:20 AM Post #16 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlorytheWiz825 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unless I'm mistaken, the Suns will not face the Mavericks in the second round (assuming Phoenix and Dallas advance from the first round). It's 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3 in the second round, so Phoenix will more likely face the Spurs, perhaps an even tougher matchup.

Yes, you and the rest are correct, my bad. I actually think the Spurs are extremely defeatable for the Suns, though. This isn't last year's Suns team. Kurt Thomas, and Amare have boosted the defense to another level than it was last season. They still don't use their defense very often, though. There have been serious glimmers of hope this year for integrating the run & gun offense with some sort of adequate defense, but they've been few and far between. I hope the Suns just go ahead and pull out all the stops and breeze by San Antonio to get to Dallas. Dallas will be a bigger task, IMO, because of the stigma weighing on their rivalry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdjenders /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Suns would play the Spurs in the second round, presuming they both advance, which is too bad because I think the Suns have a better shot at taking out the Mavs. The Spurs play that dreadful slow style with dirty players like Bowen and Ginobili that I absolutely despise.
Anyway, GO SUNS and go warriors, too! I think Nellie has a good chance to take out the Mavs at the get-go.

The Spurs are definately an easy team to hate. I really hate Ginobili and Bowen as well. I actually grew to respect Duncan a little, though. I think he's, for the most part, a class act.

Apr 21, 2007 at 6:05 AM Post #17 of 378
Haha its funny how people hate the Spurs. I dont get it. But maybe thats just because I live in SA. GO SPURS!!

I think its gonna come down to the Mavs vs Spurs. Spurs have a tough time against the Mavs though so I think anything can happen.

Apr 21, 2007 at 3:48 PM Post #19 of 378
Go WARRIORS!! 1-VS-8, David / Golliath, first time in over a decade!!! I'm pumped.

Realistically though, GS is probably the worst road team in the playoffs. The 3-0 season series doesn't mean much in the playoffs when defense/rebounding dictates, offense slows to a 80-point half-court game, and the officials let the players defend more physically.

I actually think Dirk dropping jumpers/fade-aways plays to golden states favor. IMHO he should take it inside, work the clock. Get an inside-out game going with the Dallas guards. That will get the GS big guys in foul trouble, get Dirk to the line, slow the game pace down... historically thats how you beat a Don Nelson "small ball" team, over the stretch of a series.

For the Warriors to win. defend home court. Watch for back door passes from Dirk and the cutting dallas guards, who are always in motion without the ball. Run RUN like HELL!! Run for the sake of running. Keep Dirk out of the paint, force him to shoot jumpers... hopefully he will miss 50% of the time, and not rack up too many freethrows in the process. Hopefully the missed jumpers can trigger some fast breaks... RUN!! get out and run!!

I envy all the laker and piston fans who get to do this every year
icon10.gif

Apr 21, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #24 of 378
I'm hoping the Bulls, Bullets (err Wizards), Raptors, and Lakers win. Go underdogs! (even though Bulls and Raptors are higher seeds they are underdogs).

Also I want Dallas to win it all. I love hearing Avery Johnson talk when he's all excited!

Apr 21, 2007 at 11:43 PM Post #25 of 378
alot of warriors fans here, woohooo. hope you guys arent jumping on the wagon.

i agree that the w's arent a good team but the last month or so, they are pretty good on the road, so it'll be interesting to see how well they do tmr. i'm hoping for a close game if the w's do lose.

actually, i'm hoping for a close series, at least it shows w's deserve to be there. let's hope they dont get run out of the gym.

definitely need monta to get his stroke bad if the w's have any chances of winning a game.

Apr 21, 2007 at 11:52 PM Post #26 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Deeetroit Basketball!

I'm hoping the Pistons do well, but I think it will be a rocky road again, this year.

Yeah, looks like they have a tough road to the Finals. I'm pretty sure Orlando will go quietly, but the Bulls scare me. In any event, it looks like if the Pistons are thinking about a championship this year, they'll have to beat the Bulls or Heat, then likely Cleveland to get to the Finals.

I'm going to predict Dallas in 6 games over Detroit in the Finals.

Apr 22, 2007 at 7:44 AM Post #27 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by manhattanproj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
alot of warriors fans here, woohooo. hope you guys arent jumping on the wagon.

i agree that the w's arent a good team but the last month or so, they are pretty good on the road, so it'll be interesting to see how well they do tmr. i'm hoping for a close game if the w's do lose.

actually, i'm hoping for a close series, at least it shows w's deserve to be there. let's hope they dont get run out of the gym.

definitely need monta to get his stroke bad if the w's have any chances of winning a game.

Nope....
I used to go to warrior games frequently in 1981-83... purvis short, Larry Smith, World B-free (he was called Lloyd Free back then), JB Carrol, Lorenzo Romar were my fave players as a kid. My kid-league used to get discount tickets so my whole team would go every month.

Ive followed this team regularly since then... through the chris washburn thing, Ralph Sampson, Ronny Seikaly, Billy Owens.

Apr 22, 2007 at 7:54 PM Post #28 of 378
that's the way.

but i dont know if i'm really happy that the w's made the playoffs this year. it seems like w's do horrible in a bad draft year and get a high pick (joe smith, dunleavy) and does ok to get a late lottery pick in a good draft year.

had they done relatively poorly in 03, they could have their pickings of james, carmelo, bosh, or wade.

this year is one of those years with a deep draft class and the w's made the playoffs.

Apr 22, 2007 at 8:12 PM Post #29 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope....
I used to go to warrior games frequently in 1981-83... purvis short, Larry Smith, World B-free (he was called Lloyd Free back then), JB Carrol, Lorenzo Romar were my fave players as a kid. My kid-league used to get discount tickets so my whole team would go every month.

Ive followed this team regularly since then... through the chris washburn thing, Ralph Sampson, Ronny Seikaly, Billy Owens.

whooo good to see old school fans on here. Can't wait for the game tonight!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back