2007 NBA Playoffs Thread
Apr 22, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #31 of 378
Even though they lost, Game 1 was one of the best games the Lakers played all year. That's how bad they've been this season with all the injuries. Kobe gassed and was taking really bad shots in the 4th after being hot in the 1st-3rd. That's probably the best game they're going to have in the series. They're going to get swept.

Apr 22, 2007 at 9:42 PM Post #32 of 378
i dont agree that lakers played their best game of the season. when they had a healthy lamar eariler in the season, that was when they played their best. they need lamar to be 80% of what he was before he was injured to really have a shot at winning the series. with that said, they gave all phoenix could handle without much production from the bench. i also expect walton to play better. it's going to be a fight like last year.

Apr 22, 2007 at 9:53 PM Post #33 of 378
Tis a sad day... I wanted the Lakers to win
frown.gif
Why did Kobe shoot so badly in the 2nd half?

Apr 23, 2007 at 4:16 AM Post #34 of 378
Warriors-1, Mavs-0

First GSW NBA playoff victory since 1991-92... Many younger head-fiers weren't even BORN then, that was my soph year in college.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Its still a long series, and you KNOW the Mavs will bring their A-game when faced with elimination... but still, this is a happy moment for bay area hoops fans.

What a way to close out Headfest-07' weekend!!

Apr 23, 2007 at 4:29 AM Post #36 of 378
Spurs also lost today! Those Nuggets look great. The combinaiton of Iverson, Anthony, and Camby is very lethal.

Apr 23, 2007 at 4:51 AM Post #37 of 378
woohooo...

but it's going to get tougher from now on. the mavs are gonna bring their A++ game in game 2. it'll be very interesting. warriors also need monta to step up his game, can't just rely on baron.

but one thing is for sure, at least the warriors won't get swept and prove they deserve to be in the playoffs.

Apr 23, 2007 at 5:05 AM Post #38 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Spurs also lost today! Those Nuggets look great. The combinaiton of Iverson, Anthony, and Camby is very lethal.

Our shooting was REALLY off today. I'm confident that from now on, our shooting will be present and we'll take the nuggets out.

Apr 23, 2007 at 3:45 PM Post #40 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by manhattanproj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i dont agree that lakers played their best game of the season. when they had a healthy lamar eariler in the season, that was when they played their best. they need lamar to be 80% of what he was before he was injured to really have a shot at winning the series. with that said, they gave all phoenix could handle without much production from the bench. i also expect walton to play better. it's going to be a fight like last year.

The Suns didn't play well at all in this game, or at least until the final minutes. The Lakers completely controlled the pace of the game in the first half and the Suns just looked rough. I'm extremely surprised that the Suns pulled this one off because usually when the Suns score under 100 points they lose. They've grinded out a few wins like this one throughout the regular season but it's an exception to the rule. With the Lakers losing this game like they did, I'll take the Suns in 5.

Apr 23, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #41 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nene, when not blowing out his knee, has proven to be a very talented player as well. You know what you're going to get out of AI, Melo, and Camby. I think if Nene can stay active and do positive things, the Spurs could have their hands full. Spurs missed a ton of 3's and the Nugs sunk a bunch of FTs, that's your difference. I think the Spurs will still take the series, 6 or 7 games.

Also, the Lakers are just a bad team at this point. They started out great but all those injuries have screwed up their chemistry. The Suns aren't that bad defensively, most people don't realize you have to take the number of possessions into account when looking at their defense. Teams will always score more points if they have 10-20 more shots. Check out PPG differential, the Suns have a better rating than the Mavs. If you're going to say the Suns don't play defense, then the Mavs don't either, only the Spurs have a better rating. I'm not saying the Suns are a spectacular defensive team, I'm just saying they're underrated. They typically only play lock down defense in spurts, or as needed. It drives me crazy sometimes. Suns in 5.

Wars-Mavs was one I was praying for. Could this be the '94 Nuggets-Sonics matchup all over again? The SG/F army that the Wars can throw at Dirk will give him fits. They're all long and athletic, Dirk hates those guys. (Ex: Shawn Marion) Baron Davis is probably the 3rd best PG in the league when healthy, as long as he's playing they have a shot. I think the Wars will just be too inconsistent to win a series with a very consistent Mavs team; but I'd love to see it happen. I'm still picking Mavs in 6.

Apr 23, 2007 at 7:12 PM Post #42 of 378
Gotta love that Sunday of Game 1's! First, the Suns won despite playing like crap for much of the game. They simply have too many weapons for the Lakers to handle. I am so glad the Suns got these bums rather than the hot, hot teams in the 6 and 8 spots.

The Nuggets showed that the Spurs have a battle on their hands. Camby has the inside presence to trouble Parker and Ginobili on their drives, Nene is proving to be quite the beast, and Duncan isn't getting the calls on all his flops and arm flailings and over the backs (it only took 10 years for the refs to realize his charades).

Finally, Nellie completely baffled the Mavs with his total chaos on the court. Cuban looked super pissed, and I wouldn't be surprised if he butted into Avery's business and put even more pressure on his team. Dirk showed why he is NOT the MVP, and the Warriors showed why they will win this series. That group they have since the Indy trade is a legit 50+ win calibre team.

Apr 24, 2007 at 4:01 AM Post #43 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by mdjenders /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First, the Suns won despite playing like crap for much of the game. They simply have too many weapons for the Lakers to handle. I am so glad the Suns got these bums rather than the hot, hot teams in the 6 and 8 spots.

i dont agree that they played like crap. Gotta gice kobe and lakers some credit. their shots just didnt fall except for the brazilian blurr.

Quote:

Finally, Nellie completely baffled the Mavs with his total chaos on the court. Dirk showed why he is NOT the MVP, and the Warriors showed why they will win this series. That group they have since the Indy trade is a legit 50+ win calibre team.

whoa. whoa. it's only 1 game. too too early to say anything. and no the warriors team as it is now is not a 50+ wins team. this year, they got lucky and went on a streak. they are about 1 - 2 players short of being a contender.

Apr 24, 2007 at 6:05 AM Post #45 of 378
Quote:

Finally, Nellie completely baffled the Mavs with his total chaos on the court. Cuban looked super pissed, and I wouldn't be surprised if he butted into Avery's business and put even more pressure on his team. Dirk showed why he is NOT the MVP, and the Warriors showed why they will win this series. That group they have since the Indy trade is a legit 50+ win calibre team.

LOL... I'm dreaming with you bro!! nothing would make me happier. But realistically, I think Avery will step up the defense with his guards and do things to take Barron out of rhythm. He just got way too many looks at the hoop... way too many catch & shoots in-stride, with too many un-obstructed passing lanes lanes between him and his team-mates.

Dallas has gotta go big. You're only 7 feet tall when you're in the paint. Hammer inside with Diop, Dampier, and Dirk, with guards cutting and in constant motion without the ball. IMHO the interesting thing about this match is its one of the bigger Nellie small-ball teams hes had in recent years. Nellie small-ball used to mean, 2 point guards, a shooting guard playing the 3, a small forward playing the 4 and a quick, athletic forward playing the 5. I don't think they will go that small, unless they get in foul trouble and get desperate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back