2006 NBA Playoffs Thread
Jun 11, 2006 at 12:23 AM Post #106 of 158
We'll see what the NBA wants in Game 2 - Mavs should run Miami out of the building, and, if the refs stay neutral, looks like the Mavs in 6.

Jun 11, 2006 at 11:03 AM Post #107 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1
We'll see what the NBA wants in Game 2 - Mavs should run Miami out of the building, and, if the refs stay neutral, looks like the Mavs in 6.

I've got similar feelings about the outcome of the Finals.

Jun 11, 2006 at 3:25 PM Post #108 of 158
The Mavs just have too much depth that Miami cannot match.

Jun 14, 2006 at 3:36 AM Post #110 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
I don't remember a playoff game this fun to watch in a long time. The speed and talent of the Mavs...Wow.

It is something to watch. They seem at times to play poorly, but they manage to stay close, then hit their stride, then take the lead . . . leaving you wondering, "how'd they do that?".

Jun 14, 2006 at 3:46 AM Post #111 of 158
5:10left in the 4th... lets see what Wade does in crunch time
biggrin.gif

So far hes the only one getting it done for the heat.
Its like watching the cavs!!

Jun 14, 2006 at 5:08 AM Post #114 of 158
I couldn't believe Avery called for a lob play at the end when they have a man who can shoot over anyone in the league. With 1 second to go down by 2 on the road, you go for the win, not overtime. Especially with the momentum on the Heat side at the end of that game. Give Dirk an opportunity to make up for that missed free throw. Avery's coaching has been solid in these playoffs so that was puzzling.

Jun 14, 2006 at 5:21 AM Post #115 of 158
Avery should have went with Dirk in the final 5 mins. Dirk was non factor and barely touch the ball. I have to give a credit to the Heat's defense, but Dirk is capable of driving in the lane and take a foul...and make free throw. Jason Terry took way too many shots at the end, and non of them was going in.

Jun 14, 2006 at 5:31 AM Post #116 of 158
Agree. I can't think of too many players who can execute on a lob over D-wade. First option is to win or loose with your best player taking that last shot. They should have run some picks/screens to free up Dirk on a catch / shoot.

Dirk was off all night... way too many fade away jumpers. I dont think he scored more than a few points in the paint.

How bout' wade though... man what a game.

I'm still waiting for a wade / nowiski shoot out
biggrin.gif
... wouldn't that be something in game 6 or 7.

Garrett

Jun 14, 2006 at 6:23 AM Post #117 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by rx7_fan
what a game by D.Wade !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still can't get over Kobe 81points in one game. Kobe is still number 1 in my list

...against the Toronto Raptors...on a team that starts Luke Walton.
rolleyes.gif

Wade can't carry this team for the rest of the series...when are the other guys going to show up? I can't see the Heat lasting for more than six with the rest of the team playing the way they are...

-Matt

Jun 14, 2006 at 6:50 AM Post #118 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27
...against the Toronto Raptors...on a team that starts Luke Walton.
rolleyes.gif

Wade can't carry this team for the rest of the series...when are the other guys going to show up? I can't see the Heat lasting for more than six with the rest of the team playing the way they are...

-Matt

Like LeBron, D.Wade, or any elite NBA players didn't play the Raptors. So what is your point when u said " ....against the Toronto Raptors.. on a team that starts Luke Walton?" Don't roll your eyes at me, that's for lil girls on the cheerleading squad.

Jun 14, 2006 at 6:58 AM Post #119 of 158
Hey now, watch the Luke Walton disrespect. He's one of my household's favorite players.

Plus since I haven't posted in a while, I just gotta say how happy I was that Dampier outscored Shaq in game 2.
smily_headphones1.gif

And I'll just throw this out there. Mavs in 5.

Maybe...

And yeah, that last second lob play sucked.

Jun 14, 2006 at 7:04 AM Post #120 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by usc goose
Hey now, watch the Luke Walton disrespect. He's one of my household's favorite players.

Plus since I haven't posted in a while, I just gotta say how happy I was that Dampier outscored Shaq in game 2.
smily_headphones1.gif

And I'll just throw this out there. Mavs in 5.

Maybe...

And yeah, that last second lob play sucked.

Yeah nice to see Eric D playing well. I was bummed when he left the bay area... along with Arenas, larry Hughes, Jamison, earl boykins, Bob Sura, and eric mussleman... I guess its not too bad we got Mike dunleavey on a 5-year contract...
biggrin.gif

Go MAVs!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back