2006 NBA Playoffs Thread
May 7, 2006 at 6:13 AM Post #76 of 158
Kobe and Llamar needs help! Please, the Lakers seriously only have two NBA players that are 'starters' the rest of the their starting players would not start on any other team! Please make a basket! Sorry to rant on, but i was looking forward to the Clips and Lakers playing each other. So pissed!

May 7, 2006 at 6:47 AM Post #77 of 158
rx7_fan,

I agree with you. The Lakers only had 2 guys period. I didn't realize how bad the supporting cast can be when they are off their marks. Parker was really bad, infact, he probably caused Laker a serie. I'm sure the Suns will have no problem beating the Clipper. I am more interested in the Marv and the Spurs. The Marv and Spurs are the best two team in the west, sadly the NBA has very stupid rule in the play off, so they have to play each other in the semis.

May 7, 2006 at 7:06 AM Post #78 of 158
I think the Suns could have taken the Mavs if they would have met in this next round. Not saying that there isn't a better chance that the Mavs would've won the series, but it would be a serious contest. I think if the Suns meet up with the Spurs, the Suns have their hands full and probably couldn't survive that series very easily.

May 7, 2006 at 7:12 AM Post #79 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk
I'm sure the Suns will have no problem beating the Clipper.

Really? I actually thought whoever would advance from this series would get taken out by the Clippers. They have a very balanced attack on offense inside and out and they have capable defenders. Unless Kurt Thomas comes back and is effective, I don't see how the Suns will be able to stop Elton Brand and Chris Kaman from owning them down low. And unlike Smush Parker, Sam Cassell will actually make Nash have to work on the defensive end because he can actually make a jumpshot. Smush played as bad as anyone could play in this series on both ends of the floor. Nash didn't have to expend any energy on the defensive end of the floor, which is where he is weak. He was able to sag off Parker and freelance defensively by running at whoever caught the ball in the pinch post in the triangle without fear that Parker would burn him on a clear jumper. That really bothered the execution for the Lakers offense. Sam will make sure Nash has to guard him at the 3-point line and in the post where he is very effective for a point guard.

The Suns will have their work cut out for them in the semis.

May 7, 2006 at 5:13 PM Post #80 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat
Edit: I get a big kick out of Barkley. He perpetuates this Kobe selfish perception because he is buddies with Shaq, there's no mystery there. The Lakers were not trying to run with the Suns, is he watching the same game? They tried to pound it inside, but Lamar Odom and Kwame Brown could not dominate on the inside. They're not Tim Duncan and Jermaine O'Neal.

Yeah, me too. Sometimes he has some pretty interesting insights, and sometimes he says things that are just downright stupid, or the product of obvious bias. He's hit -- or miss by a mile. But definitely fun to listen to.

May 7, 2006 at 7:18 PM Post #81 of 158
I think the Suns and Clippers would be a good game because the Clippers have Brand and Cayman (spelling?), both are bid men you can pound the ball inside. And i'm sure the clippers can shoot better than the Lakers on the perimeter.

May 7, 2006 at 11:34 PM Post #82 of 158
Just finished watching the Detroit and Carv.....and Detroit was very impressive. 60% plus field goal is impressive. They reach 80 points in the middle of the third quarter. I think the Detroit will win the serie in 5 games! BTW, Lebron definitely had a difficult time against the two Wallaces.

May 8, 2006 at 5:47 PM Post #84 of 158
Quote:

GO SPURS!

Yes, yes, Go Timmy!

May 20, 2006 at 9:09 PM Post #85 of 158
3 out of 4 second round series go to game 7. are you kidding me? have you guys been watching this? go clips... and mavs and pistons.

plus barry just hit 714 like half an hour ago. but i guess that's besides the point.

May 21, 2006 at 1:49 AM Post #87 of 158
vse63yiq.jpg

May 21, 2006 at 3:27 AM Post #88 of 158
PSSHHHH after that last post I'm rooting for the Mavericks too. I hate Mark Cuban, but I looooooooooove the ladies in skimpy clothes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back