2006 NBA Playoffs Thread
May 26, 2006 at 5:40 AM Post #93 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1
vse63yiq.jpg

Hell yes.
biggrin.gif

May 26, 2006 at 5:51 AM Post #94 of 158
I'm a little upset that the Spurs lost but I figured that they were going to loose anyway since Poppovich went with a smaller line up causing the defense to collapse. The small line up really made every Marv's basket look easy and they were still too slow for the Marv. Anyway, I'm a fan of the Marv now!

May 26, 2006 at 6:38 AM Post #95 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk
I'm a little upset that the Spurs lost but I figured that they were going to loose anyway since Poppovich went with a smaller line up causing the defense to collapse. The small line up really made every Marv's basket look easy and they were still too slow for the Marv. Anyway, I'm a fan of the Marv now!

Talk about a heartbreaker for the Mavericks on Tuesday night! They did almost everything right except for,"Transition defense...transition defense...transition defense..." as Avery Johnson mentioned in an interview.

Go Suns!

Jun 3, 2006 at 7:26 AM Post #96 of 158
That Dwyane Wade's pretty good. Pretty good... Yeah... (ugh)

Anyone think the Sun's can make it 7 games?

Jun 3, 2006 at 3:09 PM Post #97 of 158
I hope so. I think the Suns and Heat would be an awesome final...not that Dallas wouldn't be just as entertaining...but I gotta pull for my fellow Canuck (and MVP to boot) Steve Nash. That coupled with the fact that I don't want to even think about the idea of Mark Cuban winning a championship and running his mouth...

Jun 4, 2006 at 6:25 PM Post #98 of 158
Mavs comeback from 18 down huh? Sounds about what I expected.

Mavs vs Heat in the finals. Any predictions? I have no idea anymore. I just would hate Shaq to win another championship before Kobe. Petty LA thing, I know.

Anyways...

Jun 4, 2006 at 6:30 PM Post #99 of 158
Marv vs. Heat for the final. I think the Heat should be the champion in 6 games.

Jun 4, 2006 at 7:08 PM Post #100 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by usc goose
Mavs vs Heat in the finals. Any predictions? I have no idea anymore. I just would hate Shaq to win another championship before Kobe. Petty LA thing, I know.

I don't think it's petty. The guy loafs through the entire season while his team carries him and then Riley yells at him to lose weight before the playoffs and he does. Why the hell couldn't he do that during his last two years on the Lakers? Because he got complacent after 3 rings and lost his desire and competitiveness. But now all of a sudden he's motivated.
rolleyes.gif
I was really starting to believe his body was breaking down from years of play like many big men after 10+ years. Turns out he was just fat and lazy.

The Pistons were so overconfident going into the playoffs until the Cavs showed them they were not intimidated. The Pistons' swagger disappeared and they imploded. Very disappointing finish after a dominating regular season.

Dirk has been the best player in these playoffs, just amazing. He's been really aggressive to the basket. I really think the Mavs will win. Unlike the Pistons, they are coming off a series in which they played really well. They have a deep roster and were able to pull if off against the Spurs, who I think are better than the Heat. They can score with the best of them and they can also play very effectively on the defensive end.

Jun 4, 2006 at 7:35 PM Post #101 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk
Marv vs. Heat for the final. I think the Heat should be the champion in 6 games.

My thoughts going into the series

Can Dallas stop Shaq / Dwade in crunch time? Ive always liked jayson williams since his Sacramento days, Its nice to really see him step up in crunch time. You know Avery is going to focus on Shaq and Wade... Curious to see which of the remaining heat players can step up. Hats off to Pat Riley... man what a comeback.

Dirk/terry/howard - are they really THAT good? or was Pheonixs' pathetic defense making them look unstopable? They did carve up san antonio pretty good on occasion though, which was a surprise to me. I hope they heep playing aggressive and dont settle for 3-s... That certainly didnt work for Rasheed wallace.

Miami in 7 (although Im rooting for Dallas)... When Shaq wants to play, no one can stop him. D-wade is unstopable (at least he certainly looked so against hamilton and Billups). I think Pat Riley will do *something* to stir up his troops and get the most out of his role players in crunch time.

I hope Dallas wins though. Ive always liked Avery johnson and enjoyed his stay with golden state.... his work ethic and "motor" just don't stop.

Jun 4, 2006 at 11:41 PM Post #102 of 158
Quote:

They did carve up san antonio pretty good on occasion though, which was a surprise to me. I hope they heep playing aggressive and dont settle for 3-s...

Poppovich should never abandoned the original line up. Even with the smaller line up, they are still a lot slower than the Marv and their defense was no where as good as they used to be. No matter how bad Mohamad and Rasho played, they still provide inside presence and can contribute on reboudning. I don't think the Marv can out play the Shaq, Alozo and D-wade in the final.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back