$200 Budget, need Headphones!
Oct 16, 2011 at 8:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Reanimation

New Head-Fier
Hello, I'd like to know what headphones I should buy. I'm looking for a few things.
-Sound Isolation
-Noise Canceling (not a big deal, but would like it)
-Over Ear
-Good for Metal, alternative, Hardcore, some rap, some eletronic. Basically all around
-Portability.
-Decent looks
-Durability
I'd like to keep to my $200 budget, but I can go over a little bit maybe $30 dollars more maximum.
Thanks!

Oct 17, 2011 at 12:11 AM Post #2 of 16
Good looks, durability and decent sound... I like the V-Moda Crossfades at that price point, though I can't vouch for the isolation since I've only head them in quiet locations. If you are really into isolation, the Sennheiser HD 260 PRO is quite good, but that is only based on measurements of the headphone from headphone.com graphs.

Oct 17, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #3 of 16

Quote:
Hello, I'd like to know what headphones I should buy. I'm looking for a few things.
-Sound Isolation
-Noise Canceling (not a big deal, but would like it)
-Over Ear
-Good for Metal, alternative, Hardcore, some rap, some eletronic. Basically all around
-Portability.
-Decent looks
-Durability
I'd like to keep to my $200 budget, but I can go over a little bit maybe $30 dollars more maximum.
Thanks!

What sources would you be plugging your new headphones into?

Oct 17, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #7 of 16
PX 360.  Built really well and have some of the best passive isolation I have tried.  Very portable and easy to drive.  Check the link in my signature for my subjective perceptions.  I didn't hold onto them, but don't let my preferences turn you away from what it has to offer.  Lots of bass!

I'd be willing to answer more specific questions as well.

Oct 17, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #8 of 16
I'd suggest the Shure SRH840, Ultrasone HFI-580

Oct 17, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #10 of 16

Quote:
PX 360.  Built really well and have some of the best passive isolation I have tried.  Very portable and easy to drive.  Check the link in my signature for my subjective perceptions.  I didn't hold onto them, but don't let my preferences turn you away from what it has to offer.  Lots of bass!

I'd be willing to answer more specific questions as well.

They look nice, the highs are making me worried though.

Oct 17, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #11 of 16

Quote:
 They look nice, the highs are making me worried though.

I think for the genres you mentioned it could mesh quite well.  The mids almost have a dark sounding presentation to them on top of the more sparkly highs, which for me gave mid-centric rock songs a sound signature I wasn't used to.  For the bass heavy music you're describing, I feel pretty confident saying it should suit well.

Plus, amazon has them and they work really well for returns if they aren't what you're looking for.  Who knows, the highs might work better for you.  I think they're worth a shot.

They fold into a tiny bag and are really portable/lightweight

Just my two cents

Oct 17, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #12 of 16
X2 on the HD-25 I II, they fit all your requirements. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back