2.1 speakers for music?
Nov 9, 2012 at 5:42 AM Post #31 of 34
Hey, another Aussie!

About the Titanium HD, I've had a few driver problems with them. Sometimes the computer doesn't recognise the card exist and thus does not play sound. Requires me to reinstall the drivers. Though, I have to admit...the virtual surround sound software is quite good for its kind. The Asus STX is a good card. In my experience, it doesn't have as many driver problems than the Titanium HD (assuming you use the UNiFied Xonar drivers).

Nov 9, 2012 at 6:04 AM Post #32 of 34
Quote:
Hey, another Aussie!

About the Titanium HD, I've had a few driver problems with them. Sometimes the computer doesn't recognise the card exist and thus does not play sound. Requires me to reinstall the drivers. Though, I have to admit...the virtual surround sound software is quite good for its kind. The Asus STX is a good card. In my experience, it doesn't have as many driver problems than the Titanium HD (assuming you use the UNiFied Xonar drivers).

Thats what i was worried about, do you know how the virtual surround sound is on the Asus?

Nov 9, 2012 at 6:15 AM Post #33 of 34
Well, I haven't tested all the features of the card since some of them require me to use the TOSLINK out on the card. You'll still get your virtual surround sound through Dolby Headphone and such but the Pro Logic and Speaker Shifter requires output to a receiver through TOSLINK. Dolby Headphone is not bad, I just prefer CMSS-3D for some odd reason.

Nov 9, 2012 at 6:30 AM Post #34 of 34
Quote:
Well, I haven't tested all the features of the card since some of them require me to use the TOSLINK out on the card. You'll still get your virtual surround sound through Dolby Headphone and such but the Pro Logic and Speaker Shifter requires output to a receiver through TOSLINK. Dolby Headphone is not bad, I just prefer CMSS-3D for some odd reason.

Well i guess either one would be better then this Realtek crap :p might just close my eyes and order one xD and see how that turns out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back