2.1 speakers for music?
Nov 6, 2012 at 4:43 AM Post #16 of 34
Quote:
Hopefully i wont have a problem wiring it up but i will post if i do :p. thanks for the link and all the help :D :D :D

One more quick thing any subs you'd recommend?

That's a problem with this one. NHT has a sub woofer that is made to be paired up with the Super Zero 2.0, but it's almost twice as much than the loudspeakers themselves. Another sub woofer that should be fine to use is the Dayton Audio SUB-800, but I'm not sure if it is available in Australia. It might be through Amazon, but I'm not quite frankly positive.

Destroysall.

Nov 6, 2012 at 5:07 AM Post #17 of 34
Quote:
That's a problem with this one. NHT has a sub woofer that is made to be paired up with the Super Zero 2.0, but it's almost twice as much than the loudspeakers themselves. Another sub woofer that should be fine to use is the Dayton Audio SUB-800, but I'm not sure if it is available in Australia. It might be through Amazon, but I'm not quite frankly positive.

Destroysall.

I just had a quick look on eBay and i found this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SHFS10W-SKYTEC-HIFI-SURROUND-SUBWOOFER-active-powered-home-black-/160908668232?pt=AU_DJ_Gear_Lighting_Equipment&hash=item2576e76d48 theres an 8" version to alot of Amazon stuff doesnt ship to Aus -_- its really annoying seeing alot of this kinda of stuff it really expensive here

Nov 6, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #18 of 34
Quote:

I just had a quick look on eBay and i found this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SHFS10W-SKYTEC-HIFI-SURROUND-SUBWOOFER-active-powered-home-black-/160908668232?pt=AU_DJ_Gear_Lighting_Equipment&hash=item2576e76d48 theres an 8" version to alot of Amazon stuff doesnt ship to Aus -_- its really annoying seeing alot of this kinda of stuff it really expensive here

I personally haven't heard of SkyTec. I would post a new thread concerning a possible sub woofer for you. Unfortunately, I'm not as knowledgeable in sub woofers than I am in loudspeakers. My apologies. I know a few good brands to be Dayton Audio, NHT, BIC, and B&W, but I am not that helpful in that matter.

Destroysall.

Nov 6, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #19 of 34
Quote:
I personally haven't heard of SkyTec. I would post a new thread concerning a possible sub woofer for you. Unfortunately, I'm not as knowledgeable in sub woofers than I am in loudspeakers. My apologies. I know a few good brands to be Dayton Audio, NHT, BIC, and B&W, but I am not that helpful in that matter.

Destroysall.

It's all good you've helped heaps already :D thanks :p

Nov 7, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #21 of 34
Nov 8, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #23 of 34
You should look at the Cambridge Soundworks 2.1 Super Computer speakers. After burn in, these speakers sound great.
Best 2.1 system I have heard to date. And I have heard a lot in my compter/gaming career. Including the usual higher end, as
far as computer speakers go, like Swan , Audioengine 5+. Using an Asus Zonar card and foobar.

Not very well know 2.1 system, but very sweet sounding speakers. And when I hooked up my iBasso DX100>Woo Audio Wa2 "preamp
out" to them, the sound was astounding! I was in shock that a 2.1 Computer speaker system could sound this good. Even my wife
noticed the change. and asked if I had "upgraded" my system again!

Sometimes Cambridge has a refurb deal on them, and you can get them for around 325.00 or so. That's how I got mine.

Nov 8, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #24 of 34
Im just gonna go for the Swan M50W 2.1 speakers, a passive setup will cost to much in Aus -_-
mad.gif

Anyone got recommendations on sound cards?

Nov 8, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #25 of 34
Quote:
Im just gonna go for the Swan M50W 2.1 speakers, a passive setup will cost to much in Aus -_-
mad.gif

Anyone got recommendations on sound cards?

Asus Xonar and Creative Titanium are the sound card lines to look at. Roughly in their budget ranges, the Asus cards typically get the extra nod for music, Creative for gaming. 

Nov 8, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #26 of 34
Quote:

Asus Xonar and Creative Titanium are the sound card lines to look at. Roughly in their budget ranges, the Asus cards typically get the extra nod for music, Creative for gaming. 

Ok cool i'll have a look at them are there any you would recommend?

Nov 8, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #27 of 34
Quote:

Ok cool i'll have a look at them are there any you would recommend?

Depends on your budget and what is available to you. Even the lowest models are an improvement over most motherboard audio.

Serious gamers go for the Creative because of the better gaming audio support. But if your gaming headset is USB such that it acts as it's own sound card, you don't have to worry about that for the headset. If that's not a concern, I'd see which Asus Xonar models fit your budget. 

Nov 8, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #28 of 34
Quote:

Depends on your budget and what is available to you. Even the lowest models are an improvement over most motherboard audio.

Serious gamers go for the Creative because of the better gaming audio support. But if your gaming headset is USB such that it acts as it's own sound card, you don't have to worry about that for the headset. If that's not a concern, I'd see which Asus Xonar models fit your budget. 

Budget is lets say... $200 - $250 i can get my sound cards from here http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=211 and my headset is the Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 :D so normal 3mm jack with the 6mm adapter thingy, i think it would be maybe 60% gaming and 40%

Nov 8, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #29 of 34
Nov 9, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #30 of 34
Quote:
I didn't see the Creative Titaniums listed. See if you can find this Titanium HD card from an Australian Internet vendor. From looking here, seems like it ought to be available for a reasonable price, as opposed to Creative's Australian online store where they want $299

I had a look at the Titanium HD but iv read that it dies in about a year so im kinda worried about that. what about the ASUS Xonar Essence STX?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back