2.0 Speakers Compilation: Best for <$500
Aug 31, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #632 of 647
I'm contemplating buying used 2x Mackie HR624 mk2 speakers for around $350. Is that a smart move? Just curious on what you guys think. I'm contemplating pairing it with a USB DAC I have called "The Element" from JDS Labs. Which has RCA outputs. The price sounded way too cheap, but then I looked on ebay price history, and the norm is around 350-400 for a used pair of these $500 MSRP speakers.

Supposedly a capacitor will stop working intermittently when you amp this speaker out, but I highly doubt it.

Alternatively I was looking at buying 2 brand new Mackie MR5mk3 speakers. Although they don't have as many features.

My room is kinda weird. I have a huge desk with a 55 inch curved 60 hz 4K TV. Kinda waiting for slow poke DisplayPort/HDMI to invent a new standard that will allow both GameSync, and 120 Hz minimum at 4K. I drive the TV right now with a 750 Ti, but I already have on order two Titan X video cards for SLI.

The motherboard I'm using is the ASUS x99 Deluxe II. (Has a ALC1150 7.1 with 112dB SNR w/ gold plated jacks)

Sep 1, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #637 of 647
I just compared the Mackie CR5BT with the JBL LSR305. No comparison. The LSR305 are a far better speaker. If you can swing a pair of LSR305, they are definitely worth it. Though the CR5BT wouldn't be bad with the current $50 rebate.

Sep 2, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #638 of 647
nice bought them to day and i like it sounds good 
beyersmile.png

Sep 15, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #639 of 647
Has anyone heard the Swan/Hivi D1010IV?  It looks like they are on sale right now for $90, was going to get them as my first experience with studio monitors or something as a step up from the Logitech Z2300 I'm using now.

Sep 16, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #640 of 647
Been comparing the Emotiva Airmotiv 5s with the JBL LSR305 trying to decide which to keep for a bedroom setup. I'd say that they are comparable in SQ for those that are considering these two. And you should be if shopping for monitors in the <$500 range :)

Sep 29, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #642 of 647
Hi everyone.
I am yet to read through the whole topic but i recently moves and now my pc is in living room on black ikea malm desk. On desk is just fractal 3000 case on rhe right and 23inch iiyama screen so I like to keep thinga simple.
For Last years I was using 5.1 dt2200 system as 2.1 system. I have not connected this after moving since they have so many cables. Thats why I want 2.0

It have to be black, sound good and have volume knob. As in thread only active.

Price up to 100 but the room is only 20 sq meters so not big to fill.
How are this for a start:
Logitech z200, creative t20ii, t40ii and so on

Sep 29, 2016 at 6:26 AM Post #643 of 647
Hi Guys, 

I recently bought a pair of the audio engine A2+ 2-ways to use with my computer at home and I'm absolutely in love with. Crisp, clear and controlled sound and they look great too. They cost $250 and there's the option to get an additional sub woofer component if you fork out an extra $150 for the W3 wireless USB adapter. 

The thing that makes these guys so great for the price is the digital-to-analog converter. This works by connecting them via usb instead of the usual 3.5mm output jack. The improvement in quality is extremely noticable. 

I found them whilst scouring the review sites and came across this site:

http://soundgenetics.com/best-computer-speakers/

There's a few other speaker sets reviewed here and the reviewer helps explain the differences between the various products a lot which I found really helpful. I'm sure you might be able to find something that suits.

Good luck!

Sep 29, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #645 of 647
I see. I was looking for something quite small.
Besidea I am not looking for monitors as I am not creating music and dont like flat sound.
For example i replaced brainwavz hm5 with porta pro because hm5 was too flat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back