2.0 Speakers Compilation: Best for <$500
Feb 28, 2016 at 6:53 AM Post #616 of 647
Excuse me guys
Anyone know the Eve SC204 ?

Im looking for a musical sound, smooth and forgive, i would avoi a too analitic sound, tipical of studio monitors only for professional recording, but im interested only for listen the musics.

1 ) Can be great for my tastes or not ?
2 ) How is its sound signature ?
3 ) How is compared to the famous Adam A3x ?

Mar 3, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #618 of 647
No mention of Kanto here? Nice looking, compact, great sq speakers. Initially was unimpressed with the YU2s until they burnt in and then with a Sub8 added, oh man they were creamy. I preferred them over my M-Audio BX8A's almost always.

Mar 7, 2016 at 2:27 AM Post #620 of 647
would the krk5 or krk6 be more appropriate for a 20 sq ft room? And what cables and sourcing should I get? I want to use TRS or XLR to avoid any kind of feedback. i also have an AT2050, Sennheiser hd600

I was thinking of getting a schitt stack 2, and maybe a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6

no clue on which cables are good

Mar 20, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #621 of 647
Sorry for this noob question, but would my Chord Mojo be capable of driving a pair of passives like the Debut B6s? If not would it suffice as a pre-amp? And what should I get for an amp? Or should I get active speakers instead?

Mar 26, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #622 of 647
All the Chord Mojo could do is act as a DAC, with volume control being done by windows. You do need a speakers amp, no headphone amp will do a speaker justice with appropriate amounts of power. 

I would just recommend getting powered speakers. What's your budget and how big is your room?

Mar 26, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #623 of 647
Just FYI. I've got a pair of JBL LSR305 and they sound amazing. I'm using it with Audinst MX-1 DAC, with RCA-TRS cable. You will need a different cable (3.5 jack to TRS) but the rest is the same.

Mar 27, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #624 of 647
  All the Chord Mojo could do is act as a DAC, with volume control being done by windows. You do need a speakers amp, no headphone amp will do a speaker justice with appropriate amounts of power. 

I would just recommend getting powered speakers. What's your budget and how big is your room?

Thanks for the reply. 

I'm looking at a studio apartment and a budget of ~$500.

Mar 27, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #625 of 647
I love my Emotiva's a lot. Maybe get the Airmotiv 6S if it will be a sizable room, and then later on get a subwoofer. 

Mar 28, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #626 of 647
Best powered monitor under 7 inches wide?

After a change in my work to a new company I am spending a lot more time working from home. That means I can now justify an upgrade in my computer audio system. I'd like to find a quality monitor for the desktop that is <$300-$350. The JBL LSR305's look great except for their size. I have fairly limited space and it looks like the 305's (at 9+ inches wide) might not fit. I could go larger but only if I get stands and set them up behind the desk which is not my preferred solution. My max speaker width looks to be about 7 inches and max depth of maybe 8-9 inches. 

Any suggestions on possible candidates? I'll probably be connecting them to a Schiit modi DAC and the vast majority of listening will be nearfield. Music is a mix of classic rock, classical, jazz and blues.

Thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back