2.0 Speakers Compilation: Best for <$500
Jul 30, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #526 of 647
You can have a look at Alesis Elevate 3 - they are 127 mm wide and have a decent (for a 3" woofer) frequency response,down to 80 Hz + dedicated subwoofer output, so if you decide you need more bass, you simply connect the sub and voila :).
MSRP in Poland is 349 PLN. You can find their review on bonedo.de.

Jul 30, 2015 at 4:34 AM Post #527 of 647
If your looking at the M-AudioBx5a's and have a $500.00 budget you should also consider the Bx8 D2's. They retail for $395.00 on Amazon and can also be found on E-Bay for some screaming deals! I have both the M-Audio Bx5a's and Bx8 d2's and don't think I paid more than $300.00 all in. I am very happy with both the bx5a's for their clarity and midrange punch and the bx8 d2's for their 8" woofers low end thump. I listen to mostly rap and some electronic so I favor a lot of bass I also  have the Dayton sub1000 and sub1200 subwoofers to give some great lows for super cheap. I think I want to build my own 18" Dayton Sub with a 500 watt amp and hopefully that will be enough considering my room size is only 10'x15'!Anyways good luck in your journey I think your on the right path with m-audio.Last year I was in a similar position looking at the same speakers: audioengine a2 a5, presonus, and krk .I made my choice after looking at power output and woofer size and obviously price I went with the m-audio line and have been happy ever since. I'm no audiophile and this is my first ever post on this site but I hope it helps. 

Jul 30, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #532 of 647
  You can have a look at Alesis Elevate 3 - they are 127 mm wide and have a decent (for a 3" woofer) frequency response,down to 80 Hz + dedicated subwoofer output, so if you decide you need more bass, you simply connect the sub and voila :).
MSRP in Poland is 349 PLN. You can find their review on bonedo.de.

Never heard of this brand.
The price is good
volume control knob in front
good size

Is that something like m-audio knock off ?
I am interested. Are they active ? I don't see jack input on the back of the right speaker. how do they connect to pc ?
And I will not add subwoofer to them.
edit: Just seen the reviews... meh... not so cool anymore.
Think I will just end with new m-audio av32 or one of the creative products. Will look into listening them at a mall or something. But av32 looks really neat.

Aug 2, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #533 of 647
Just to finish off my set of questions... I have to settle for something cheap... as I am buying a flat this months it seems, so thats a costly surprise :p (actually I've been waiting for a developer contract for months and it's due this months, so I will need some money)

So I will get creative T20. Cheapest of the bunch. Thanks for help everyone

Nov 27, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #537 of 647
Serene Audio's Talisman near-field speakers are pretty boss, IMHO. They are superior in many respects to Audioengine's A5, from what I can remember. Mind you, that's the A5, not the A5+ revision, which I haven't heard. Also, they flat-out crush the A2 (again, from what I recall), and make hash of the ProMedia 2.1 that I currently use for multimedia duties. Sub-bass performance is minimal, but one can always add a subwoofer to compensate for that (unavoidable) shortcoming. Frankly, I'm glad that Serene Audio opted for authentic bass rather than DSP-induced flubber. Overall, enthusiastically recommended! 
smile.gif

Dec 5, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #540 of 647
Hey guys I am looking into buying a pair of powered speakers for around $500aud. Does anyone have experiences with these speakers:
Yamaha hs8
Emotiva Airmotiv 6s
Swan M200 mkiii
Which one would have the best sq out of this list and more recommendations are also welcome. Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back