1MORE H1707 Triple-Driver Over Ear
Jul 1, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #1,216 of 1,586
@Ufasas, if the ceramic tweeters don't touch your ears, then you may not encounter any discomfort. If they do, you can reverse the headphones left <-> right and the tweeter is then positioned towards the front and might not touch your ears. That trick (of Slater's of course) helped me quite a bit for a long time, but I finally did the pad change and am very happy that I did.

Agreed. The reversing right and left is a very useful trick, and can improve the fit and comfort for some people.

Of course, the cables can be plugged in such that the channels are still set up properly. It’s an easy to do and totally reversible mod. So there’s really no downsides to giving it a try :)

Jul 2, 2020 at 8:59 AM Post #1,217 of 1,586
Agreed. The reversing right and left is a very useful trick, and can improve the fit and comfort for some people.

Of course, the cables can be plugged in such that the channels are still set up properly. It’s an easy to do and totally reversible mod. So there’s really no downsides to giving it a try :)

Ok i did that, and switch to default again, lol, but i think my ears are getting used to clamping force slowly, either way i need a break anyway after 2-3 hours, so i take 'em off let ears rest for 1min, and put back again. Changed blackplayer on smartphone to Onkyo player, 11 bands eq or something, music is better on that player now, so cans useable everywhere now, they sound good without EQing on phone and laptop, but on PC i need EQing somehow, dunno, lol. They have been growing on me after lots of listening on 3 devices, plus i don't hear that moving part in right cup wobbling anymore, after i did reverse trick, dunno what happened, i shake head left-right, no wobbly parts, fingers crossed it's not gonna come back, lol. I start to think i did the best purchase of last 7 years when i bought MA900, wish i saved money and skipped many other headphones..

Jul 2, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #1,218 of 1,586
I start to think i did the best purchase of last 7 years when i bought MA900, wish i saved money and skipped many other headphones..

Don't we all my friend, don't we all!

Jul 3, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #1,219 of 1,586
What kind of sound are you after? Do you like the stock sound tuning, and what do you wish was different? Or are you simply looking for a roomier earpad, while preserving the stock tuning as much as possible?

If i decide to reduce bass with different pads, which could help with it? I think more room will be useful

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #1,220 of 1,586
If i decide to reduce bass with different pads, which could help with it? I think more room will be useful

Hybrid pleather/velour pads would reduce low end slightly.

Fully fenestrated pads would reduce low end even more.

All velour pads would reduce it the most.

Jul 3, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #1,221 of 1,586
Hybrid pleather/velour pads would reduce low end slightly.

Fully fenestrated pads would reduce low end even more.

All velour pads would reduce it the most.

s-l1600.jpg

So dark grey and black velours can be nice option, there is a pair in UK, so i don't need pay for postage from China :wink:
PS. Dark grey fabric & black velour*, correct names!

PS.2 Also how about these replacement cables? Aimed at Sol Republic headphones, but maybe good for 1More also ?

PS.3 Logitech G433/G Pro 2018 additional pads (after research in Brainwavz pads list, these must be micro suede pads then) in the Logitech box :wink: this makes ear canal as close to the driver as I can get without pressing my ear, i can slightly hear mechanical keyboard now at quieter and less busy songs :wink: , punchy bass in guitar tracks remains, it's also extensive in piano tracks of Max Richter, lighter bass than with default tight pads, but more room for ear now, isolation still good, and leakage small when cans on ears and music playing, but now ears absolutely resting, I don't need take 'em off and have 1minute break B-)

Testing on subtle low end is still there in the background, and it gives goosebumps on my skin when female vocals kick in together, i love it

insane goosebumps here, relistening 2nd time with Logitech earpads is amazing, bass supertight, fast, not fatiguing, not boomy, makes me want headbob, want to dance too

good for evaluating tons of details in the music, lots of warm, detailed sounds, with nice bass expansion

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2020 at 9:55 PM Post #1,223 of 1,586
Out of boredom forced velvet pads of sennheiser 598 cups shape, and looks good for home listening, too ugly to take outside, it's not like bass is lost or sound is worsened, it's very airy with bass dissipated now, but bass kicks in on bassy songs about right, also as comfortable as with logitech pads, just not wobbling, these two solutions i've tried are temporary, i like the sound with both on. There is 3metres cable that fits h1707 on amazon, i wrote an email to 1more in USA, they confirmed it fits

Attachments

• IMG_20200706_085740 a).jpg
    IMG_20200706_085740 a).jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    984.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 10, 2020 at 10:28 PM Post #1,224 of 1,586
When i read that these are hard to drive, i really did not understand what that meant - i assumed getting decent volumes would be an issue
but my laptop and phone both drive these to decent volumes

Then i got an ES100 - WOW, they way better than my phone/laptop and somewhat better than my desktop amp( FX audio DAC M6)
The bass has acquired a world of defnition, and it hits HARD!

Jul 10, 2020 at 10:33 PM Post #1,225 of 1,586
When i read that these are hard to drive, i really did not understand what that meant - i assumed getting decent volumes would be an issue
but my laptop and phone both drive these to decent volumes

Then i got an ES100 - WOW, they way better than my phone/laptop and somewhat better than my desktop amp( FX audio DAC M6)
The bass has acquired a world of defnition, and it hits HARD!

ES100 is awesome. It allowed me to fall in love with my gear all over again :)

Jul 14, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #1,226 of 1,586
HyperX Cloud II style pleather earpads ( Size: 10.8×8.2×2cm / 4.25×3.23×0.79in (Approx.) ) arrived from China, very comfortable, exactly ideal fit for my ears, not wobbling, not hurting on any part of the ear, even with my glasses on, there is nearly no gap between ear and driver foam layers, stronger bass is back, isolation good if sound is playing, but isolation weak if nothing's playing, in games it's quite too boomy bass sounds, i keep pads for the evenings, when i want keep the noise down for the neighbours, waiting for velours, they about to come too :wink: some songs which were recorded 10-15 years ago and are worse quality, not so forgiving, a bit harsh on the ear

PS. 2020.07.20 - fully braided 1metre no control Sol Republic cable arrived (full search title for finding on ebay:
"Upgrade Audio Cable Replace Part For Sol Republic Master Tracks HD V8 V10 V12 X3"), fits perfect, and sound is good. Also Velvet 90mm Beyerdynamic immitation arrived, fits on earcup better than ovals, sits on head without discomfort too, sound isolation is same good as with original & pleather pads at Windows OS vol. 28 to 50, the higher the more it might leak, at full sound on smartphone if person is next to you, i think he\she will hear the music playing, thought it will be more airy, but not, bass stays in. Test on (windows vol @ 50):

Extensive, explosive, rich bass, cannot hear mechanical keyboard clicks on my desk, even neighbour playing music with his speakers system, nor voices from outside garden to my room. I like sound with velvets, dunno which to keep on, will stay around with velvets for a while.
Went to shop, and due to covid not so many people around, but it's isolating fairly decent, at max volume it's not too loud, but still on certain songs might be uncomfortable, 1 notch below max vol. - and you could hear single cars passing by while you walking.
PS.2 - tested the streets noise with pleather pads too - loud engines and motorcycles impossible to avoid, heheh, on the other hand - many cars and buses in England are fairly quiet, decent isolation with busy music, with something vocal only/acoustic/light ambient, might be trouble to enjoy

Attachments

• IMG_20200714_151309.jpg
    IMG_20200714_151309.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200720_162227.jpg
    IMG_20200720_162227.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 21, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #1,228 of 1,586
not sure - here in this thread I read in that the US silver version would CERTAINLY not have a mic as this was intended to be an audiophile can, and i had ordered one of the links folks had provided for a compatible cable. Imagine my surprise when the one i ordered from amazon.com showed up with a stock mic cable. I think there was a product revision somewhere down the line where they switched to a mic cable

Jul 21, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #1,229 of 1,586
I've pulled Strix Soar 7.1 (110$ ~ in USA, 75gbp ~ in England) from wardrobe (had it removed due to VGA getting less ventilation and heating up too high), thought I'll give it a go, on youtube/aimp3 player with pleather pads it sounds tamed, 1More bass is kicking in when needed, not trying to kick your earlobes out, is controlled. On high impedance it's even too loud for comfortable listening, gotta keep it at vol 24-28 & medium impedance, compressor 50 to 100%, the higher, the clearer the cymbals, settled at 50% at the end, most comfortable.

PS. Found this cable, https://www.analogueseduction.net/h...ble-accessories/hifiman-hybrid-ofc-cable.html what's special about it?

PS.2. Tested in CS:GO it's also more enjoyable with Asus Strix Soar than with Creative USB SBP3! Less bassy steps, shots, splashes, with good directionality, I didn't know which is better, Logitech G Pro, or h1707 for CS:GO, but gravitating towards h1707 for fps games now, interestingly. Other games like Alien: isolation sounds engaging as hell too

Attachments

• asus_strix_soar_h1707a.png
    asus_strix_soar_h1707a.png
    76.2 KB · Views: 0
  • asus_strix_soar_h1707b.png
    asus_strix_soar_h1707b.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 0
  • asus_strix_soar_h1707_0.jpg
    asus_strix_soar_h1707_0.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 22, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #1,230 of 1,586
Hmm this headphone is 32ohm 50mW Rated Power

This Meizu hifi dac's output power: 30mW dual channel@32ohm. Is this dac enough for 1more? I don't know that "dual channel" means https://www.meizu.com/en/accessory/hifi.html

Also i want to use 1more with my PC. I don't know my motherboard can handle this. Asus Rog Strix X570-F. Has anyone tried it before?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back