1MORE H1707 Triple-Driver Over Ear
Jun 25, 2020 at 2:12 AM Post #1,201 of 1,586
Finally all arrived this is what i was looking i am almost there except earpad really uncomfortable

Attachments

• 20200625_100831~2.jpg
    20200625_100831~2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Jun 25, 2020 at 4:05 AM Post #1,202 of 1,586
Finally all arrived this is what i was looking i am almost there except earpad really uncomfortable

I have been trying to restrain myself from pulling the trigger on the new E1DA 9038S G3. Really like the new black anodized look Ivan has created. The Hiby R5 I have sounds great with the H1707`s, but could do with a USB dongle when working at the computer (using Amazon HD music).

How does it sound?

Jun 26, 2020 at 5:49 AM Post #1,203 of 1,586
These headphones are so good. They compete with up to £800 headphones in my opinion. Glad I bought 2

Jun 26, 2020 at 6:12 AM Post #1,204 of 1,586
s-l1600``````.jpg
Untitled```````````.png

Which better for these headphones

Jun 26, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #1,205 of 1,586
s-l1600``````.jpg
Untitled```````````.png

Which better for these headphones

It’s personal preference. Each one changes the sound in some way. It’s hard to recommend 1 though, because what one person likes, another may not.

What kind of sound are you after? Do you like the stock sound tuning, and what do you wish was different? Or are you simply looking for a roomier earpad, while preserving the stock tuning as much as possible?

Jun 29, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #1,206 of 1,586
Or are you simply looking for a roomier earpad, while preserving the stock tuning as much as possible?

Hey Slater, I was wanting to try your beats earpad mod on these headphones but I was thinking that this could damage/effect the tweeter, since it is attached to the backing plate. Do you destroy the ceramic tweeter in this process?

Jun 29, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #1,207 of 1,586
Hey Slater, I was wanting to try your beats earpad mod on these headphones but I was thinking that this could damage/effect the tweeter, since it is attached to the backing plate. Do you destroy the ceramic tweeter in this process?

The tweeter is not attached to the earpad plate. The tweeter is attached to the driver baffle.

There is no damage to the tweeter whatsoever.

Jun 29, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #1,209 of 1,586
Ok thanks. I was confused because of the images from Tyll's review.

Hmmm, Tyll mentioned in his review that he could not figure out how to remove the ear pads. So I’m not sure what images you saw.

Either way, it will be OK. Many H1707 owners have done the Beats pad mod, and all with great success.

Jun 29, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #1,211 of 1,586
Ok thanks. I was confused because of the images from Tyll's review.
Hmmm, Tyll mentioned in his review that he could not figure out how to remove the ear pads. So I’m not sure what images you saw.

Either way, it will be OK. Many H1707 owners have done the Beats pad mod, and all with great success.

Slater speaketh the truth. The pad change doesn't touch the tweeters. And the pad change mod makes already awesome headphones even awesomer :)

Jul 1, 2020 at 6:17 AM Post #1,213 of 1,586
Suckers have arrived! just an hour ago! And boy they are detailed, compared to Sony Ma900, it's weird, bass is richer, and somebody reviewed as it's bass heavy, it's not! I know what is bass heavy when I hear, these are rich as hell in bass and extending further with certain songs, it's also tight, not boomy/tiring, exactly how i want, music feels detailed overall, but it's just my Sound Blaster Play 3 usb dac paired, prolly i could open them up more with some Creative G3. No fatigue at all, 65 minutes of listening right now, listening while typing, with a bit of EQing (I can't actually listen for long without EQing these) I like them in rock already, SuidAkra, Pontiak, Arcane, and then all the bands sounds as engaging as Sony Ma900, I am sure in movies these are just as great.

No sweatspots yet, but surely they are tighter than all my headphones, the tightest are AKG Y50bt on ears, and these are not on ears, like someone says, they say it because their heads weird, lol, for me it's over ear, and sits nicely, don't think I would want change pads, but would like to see how bass changes with different pads

What kind of sound are you after? Do you like the stock sound tuning, and what do you wish was different?
After giving a listen, I need EQ stock sound, strangely, is it because I can't listen without EQ anymore, or just don't like stock..(eq preset i've put in my AIMP3 player is attached, this is how i like the sound to be tuned the first 65 minutes of listening).

Also when I shake head there is no wobbling at all (what sony ma900 didn't do, and big earpads only slightly reduced the wobbling), all I hear is some moving part making crackling sound in the right earcup (maybe it's lose and that's why it was returned?).

Isolation is nice, at volume 24 on SBP3! i cannot hear mechanical switches of keyboard while typing at all, now i am waiting for neighbours to pass my doors by, lol! And kids play outside with window open, and test them in a bus/walking in city centre. So far I would think isolation by best to worst: H1707 & AKG y50bt > Logitech G Pro 2018/G433 > Sony Ma900 (H1707 with being more comfortable than yb50t).

It's a nice refurb, only 1 scratch on silver colour, barely visible and small white dust dots, easy to wipe, and looks like it was barely used, still factory smell up, lol

So far it can do rock music, and it ticks most of the points, I am feeling like i wouldn't want to return it after my first impressions
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S. 4 hours later: 2 hours of music + 2 hours of games, after cs:go gaming it's kinda fatiguing, lots of punchy sounds, but soundstage quite wide, and able to pin point opponents rush to sites, sometimes harder to tell, is opponent upper or lower, though would prefer Ma900 for longer than 2 hours sessions of gaming, had to do remove them and rest ears during csgo match a bit, probably will change pads. Can't stop relistening my favourite songs though, for music - very fun. I think they are beating logitech g pro easily, in games on par, but in music hats down to h1707. Akg y50bt still has a fun factor, as h1707, would love to keep all, except G Pro, lol
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
p.s. 7 hours later: defo will need earpads change, longer cable maybe, and sounds absolutely bad on android nokia 5, very muffled, better on PC w/ SBP3, and on laptop via SPB3 or Logitech G433 USB headset adapter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
p.s. after half a day: headphones can do cs:go, after playing many different maps, positioning is there, opponents rush, rotations, gun shots directions are not hard to pin point.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Songs played

Attachments

• IMG_20200701_095228.jpg
    IMG_20200701_095228.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200701_102214.jpg
    IMG_20200701_102214.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Capture`1`1`1`1.JPG
    Capture`1`1`1`1.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 1, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #1,214 of 1,586
I'm worried a bit about that moving part in the right earcup, left earcup doesn't have it, cannot tell clearly, but when bass kicks in during heavy guitars, it is rumbling on the right side, and slightly distorting, cannot tell about it on the band like Suidakra, more on Aggaloch & Physics House Band latest albums. Also thinking it maybe happening when I tilt my head that moving part changes position, and then it could be rumbling more during heavier bass parts, but it dissapears, if i don't make that part move while swinging my head quickly

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #1,215 of 1,586
No sweatspots yet, but surely they are tighter than all my headphones, the tightest are AKG Y50bt on ears, and these are not on ears, like someone says, they say it because their heads weird, lol, for me it's over ear, and sits nicely, don't think I would want change pads, but would like to see how bass changes with different pads

@Ufasas, if the ceramic tweeters don't touch your ears, then you may not encounter any discomfort. If they do, you can reverse the headphones left <-> right and the tweeter is then positioned towards the front and might not touch your ears. That trick (of Slater's of course) helped me quite a bit for a long time, but I finally did the pad change and am very happy that I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back