1MORE H1707 Triple-Driver Over Ear
Aug 23, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #661 of 1,585
At what frequencies would you say there are the differences in bass and treble between gold and silver? upper or lower region? If gold has a more V-shape then it could be better suited for my tastes (I love the highs of my DT770 as much as its deep bass).

Hello, does it mean that if I only use my FiiO X3 II to power them I won't get their full sound?
sorry for the late reply i was working overnight. the silver is actually a bit more v shaped but emphasizes the low end more then the top end. to me the gold is a touch cleaner presentation overall where the silver sound more v shaped due to the low end boost. if i had to blind buy it would be the silver but both sound great.

Aug 23, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #662 of 1,585
I didn't ask, so I wasn't told that I couldn't use the store credit that way. And since most stores do allow you to use a store credit for discounted items, I figured it was the ecommerce system that was not handling the discount correctly with the store credit. Tried placing the orders separately, and it worked.

I traded in my HE-400i that I had been planning to sell for $224.50 store credit. By ordering separately using the discount codes and applying my store credit, I got the H1707 and the 1More triple driver IEM for an additional $35.48.

Well, I asked because I saw no way to enter more than one code. Once I entered my code for the credit, there was no way to enter another code that I could find -- the box I had used to entered the personalized store credit code changed from an editable text box to un-editable, display text on the form.

How were you able to enter two codes for one order?

Aug 23, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #663 of 1,585
Well, I asked because I saw no way to enter more than one code. Once I entered my code for the credit, there was no way to enter another code that I could find -- the box I had used to entered the personalized store credit code changed from an editable text box to un-editable, display text on the form.

How were you able to enter two codes for one order?

You have to enter the discount code first. Then the store credit. Just checked. Still works. The box is not grayed out when entering the discount code first.

Aug 23, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #664 of 1,585
You have to enter the discount code first. Then the store credit. Just checked. Still works. The box is not grayed out when entering the discount code first.

Interesting, yeah, had no idea they were treated differently since they use the same box -- bad UI design or it's an unintentional loophole and they actually didn't intend to allow both -- thinking it might be the latter since their marketing manager told me the two could not work together. :frowning2:

Aug 23, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #665 of 1,585
Interesting, yeah, had no idea they were treated differently since they use the same box -- bad UI design or it's an unintentional loophole and they actually didn't intend to allow both -- thinking it might be the latter since their marketing manager told me the two could not work together. :frowning2:

Well, typically one submits payment after one has reviewed the total for the invoice. So it's a big more complicated to program it to recheck the store credit database and reauthorize the funds if one enters a discount code after that step. Many ecommerce systems used to work that way, and some still do: you can't enter discount codes after beginning the payment step of the process, but rather would have to restart the checkout process completely to enter a discount code. I just assumed that's how it worked.

Aug 23, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #666 of 1,585
Well, typically one submits payment after one has reviewed the total for the invoice. So it's a big more complicated to program it to recheck the store credit database and reauthorize the funds if one enters a discount code after that step. Many ecommerce systems used to work that way, and some still do: you can't enter discount codes after beginning the payment step of the process, but rather would have to restart the checkout process completely to enter a discount code. I just assumed that's how it worked.

Hah! Well, that's what I get for being in a rush and being excited about my store credit... in any case, I'm happy I will get these long-anticipated (for me) cans it looks like tomorrow :beyersmile:

Aug 23, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #667 of 1,585
I think silver has a slightly more v shape

sorry for the late reply i was working overnight. the silver is actually a bit more v shaped but emphasizes the low end more then the top end. to me the gold is a touch cleaner presentation overall where the silver sound more v shaped due to the low end boost. if i had to blind buy it would be the silver but both sound great.

Great, thanks

Aug 23, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #668 of 1,585
Great, thanks

NP.

Keep in mind that, while not 100% identical, the difference is extremely small.

It’s not like 1 is pancake flat and neutral, vs the other is a deeply basshead v shape. You have to struggle to hear the difference, and I doubt most people could even tell much of a difference in a blind A/B test. I really think 1More only created confusion and distribution complications by having 2 different versions, because it just causes people to stress about choosing the “right one”. They could easily have had 1 IMO.

I’ve said it a million times before, but you can’t go wrong with either, so don’t sweat about it too much. Just pick your favorite color, or the one that’s more easily accessible in your country, or the one that you can get for the best price.

If the price and availability were identical, and I was forced to choose I would go with the silver. But if all I had access to was the gold, or the gold was 25% cheaper I would go with the gold in a heart beat. They are both amazing. There is no wrong answer.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #669 of 1,585
I really think 1More only created confusion and distribution complications by having 2 different versions, because it just causes people to stress about choosing the “right one”. They could easily have had 1 IMO.

Exactly. This confusion could actually cost them some sales.

Just pick your favorite color

I say if you have brown eyes, go with the gold. It is not a yellow type gold. It is a beautiful coppery/bronzy shade.

If you have blue eyes and and black or silver hair... get the silver!

My fashion advice for the day:)

Aug 23, 2018 at 11:13 PM Post #670 of 1,585
Well, I requested a return label for a refund. Hopefully the process is a smooth one. 1more states they offer a 30 day satisfaction return policy. The mids just aren't cutting the cheese for me.

Aug 24, 2018 at 6:58 AM Post #671 of 1,585
Why not just change the pads? I love my H1707 since I changed the pads.
I'd like to do that, but changing the pads means destroying the original one's. I'm not sure I'm ready to do that.

Exactly. This confusion could actually cost them some sales.
I reckon it has something to do with (faster) slow manufacturing process, they either can't produce the graphene driver, or more likely have multiple manufacturing plants, and not all are able to produce the graphene drivers. Just a guess, otherwise it's weird for them to do that, except for the 3rd option, increasing profits from simpler manufacturing process.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2018 at 7:11 AM Post #672 of 1,585
I reckon it has something to do with (faster) slow manufacturing process, they either can't produce the graphene driver, or more likely have multiple manufacturing plants, and not all are able to produce the graphene drivers. Just a guess, otherwise it's weird for them to do that, except for the 3rd option, increasing profits from simpler manufacturing process.

The gold version which has titanium drivers is the first original version. Mine were purchased over a year ago. They were not available in the USA. We have no idea if the gold ones are still being produced or if they will be phased out. The silver version with graphene drivers was said to be created for the USA market after feedback from a show indicated that the USA listeners (whoever they were) did not like the gold color and wanted a different sound signature. They should have just named them differently.

Aug 24, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #673 of 1,585

Could be the titanium drivers were more difficult or more expensive to source, and the gold are either old stock on the original manufacturing run or they are running out a contract on producing them with a goal of eventually only selling the silver version. Hard to say.

Aug 24, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #674 of 1,585
Could be the titanium drivers were more difficult or more expensive to source, and the gold are either old stock on the original manufacturing run or they are running out a contract on producing them with a goal of eventually only selling the silver version. Hard to say.

Yeah, I have long suspected that it was something along these lines. I believe the Xiaomi hifi headphone had something to do with it as well, as the changed between titanium and graphene as well. More than likely, 1More had loads of drivers, so they had to find something to do with them.

Oh well, it's not like it's a bad thing. Just things I've speculated about, as I used to be in retail manufacturing myself and commonly had to make similar decisions. So I naturally wonder about such things, and always find it interesting how and why companies make some of the decisions they do. Often it is a supply chain, cost saving, or some manufacturing reason, but there has to be a "marketing explanation" cooked up to supposedly explain the reason for the change. The average person would probably be shocked at many of the real vs "marketed" reasons why some companies have changed what they changed.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #675 of 1,585
E85D55C6-4086-41B6-B533-C26169DB98BC.jpeg Got mine today and they are lovely! They are somewhat recessed in the mids but they are rich, not sibilant in the least to my ears, and the bass isn’t super right but it gives it a warm sound in a way that I thoroughly enjoy particularly for EDM and psytrance.

Comfort isn’t superb but quite good and definitely a lot better than the KEF M500 for my big ears.

Here’s a tune I’m listening to now:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back