1MORE H1707 Triple-Driver Over Ear
Aug 22, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #646 of 1,586
Fellow Head-Fi'ers, just wanted to acknowledged Tyler, the marketing manager in charge of the headphone trade-in promotion at 1MORE, who was awesome in getting me fair value for the headphones I traded in -- I ended up with enough credit to get the 1MORE Triple Driver Over Ear ($249.99, since the credit is given as a code and you can't stack them, so I wasn't able to get them for $179.99) and a pair of the 1MORE iBFree sport, wireless in-ear's ($29.99) for essentially nothing. I ended up using the rest of my credit to cover all but $5.33 of the $19.99 2nd Day Air shipping, or it would have cost literally zero.

Can't wait to hear the 1MORE Triple Driver Over-Ear goodness! And the iBFree sport will be great at the gym, I'd wager.

Aug 22, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #647 of 1,586
Fellow Head-Fi'ers, just wanted to acknowledged Tyler, the marketing manager in charge of the headphone trade-in promotion at 1MORE, who was awesome in getting me fair value for the headphones I traded in -- I ended up with enough credit to get the 1MORE Triple Driver Over Ear ($249.99, since the credit is given as a code and you can't stack them, so I wasn't able to get them for $179.99) and a pair of the 1MORE iBFree sport, wireless in-ear's ($29.99) for essentially nothing. I ended up using the rest of my credit to cover all but $5.33 of the $19.99 2nd Day Air shipping, or it would have cost literally zero.

Can't wait to hear the 1MORE Triple Driver Over-Ear goodness! And the iBFree sport will be great at the gym, I'd wager.

I was able to combine the discount code for the H1707 and the store credit. But I could not do it AND order two different headphones at the same time like you did (the ecommerce system didn't seem to know how to handle that). So I made separate orders.

Aug 22, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #648 of 1,586
I was able to combine the discount code for the H1707 and the store credit. But I could not do it AND order two different headphones at the same time like you did (the ecommerce system didn't seem to know how to handle that). So I made separate orders.

Ah, so that's the trick! :D. I didn't know that -- I explicitly asked Tyler, with whom I had been communicating with via email at 1MORE and who evaluated my headphones and issued me the store credit -- and he said that I could not combine the discount code for the H1707 and also use the store credit, so I didn't even try it -- and I only did two items because I had enough credit to more than cover the H1707 even at full price -- so I'm okay with having lost out on that, I still feel good that I got the with no cash outlay, discounting the fact that I paid extra for faster shipping since I had enough store credit to cover almost all of the extra $19.99 for that. :L3000:

Aug 22, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #650 of 1,586
So what did you sacrifice?

Haha, well, what I traded in and what I sacrificed are technically two different things :D ... here's what I traded in:

• Sennheiser HD 280 Pro
  • Marshall Monitor (over-ear, non-Bluetooth version)
  • Sennheiser Urbanite (the on-ear, "Nation" colorway)
  • KEF M100 (sunset orange colorway)
The first two, I actually sacrificed, i.e., I no longer have those models -- and I'm okay with that.

I did like the Marshall Monitors "enough", but I wasn't using them almost ever, and I intend maybe (at some point) to get the Bluetooth version of the Marshall Monitor anyway. (I got over $99 worth of store credit for the non-Bluetooth version, and the Bluetooth version is currently $125 at Best Buy!)

The Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, well, those I actually had given to a friend, but he traded them ostensibly temporarily for my Sennheiser HD 380 Pro, but he never did come back with my 380 Pro's (this was over a year ago), so I considered the HD 280 Pro properly mine again, and I haven't used them in ages, so that was no loss, really.

Now... as for the Urbanites :D. Well.. I really do like those, so even before I sent out the Nation colorway, I ordered a second "Sand" colorway for uber cheap on eBay, used -- I'd always wanted the "Sand" anyway -- and I snagged the "Racing Blue" colorway of the KEF M100 for $28 when they were on sale recently on NewEgg.

So I didn't really sacrifice the M100 or the Urbanites. :D

Aug 22, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #651 of 1,586
Now... as for the Urbanites :D. Well.. I really do like those, so even before I sent out the Nation colorway, I ordered a second "Sand" colorway for uber cheap on eBay, used. :D

I don’t know how the Urbanite on ear compare to the Urbanite XL, but I really like my XLs.

Aug 22, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #652 of 1,586
I was considering trading in some of my headphones, but I don't really have anything I'm ready to part ways with. So, I ponied up and paid the 179 bucks. Shipping was lightning fast.
As for the headphones, I'm not quite sure what to think yet. I've demoed these before, and left the store with a pair of B&O H6s. Nothing really stands out about the 1more sound signature imo. They are not a bad sounding can by any means, just nothing really jumps out at me. I'm hoping something will though with some more use.

Aug 22, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #653 of 1,586
I was considering trading in some of my headphones, but I don't really have anything I'm ready to part ways with. So, I ponied up and paid the 179 bucks. Shipping was lightning fast.
As for the headphones, I'm not quite sure what to think yet. I've demoed these before, and left the store with a pair of B&O H6s. Nothing really stands out about the 1more sound signature imo. They are not a bad sounding can by any means, just nothing really jumps out at me. I'm hoping something will though with some more use.

Have you tried them amped? It definitely adds some energy that’s missing when just driven by a phone or low powered DAP.

Aug 22, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #654 of 1,586
Have you tried them amped? It definitely adds some energy that’s missing when just driven by a phone or low powered DAP.
Just my V30 in high impedance mode. I'm still waiting for my Hifiman Supermini to hit my mailbox, so I can give these a more powerful, balanced listen.

Aug 22, 2018 at 11:17 PM Post #655 of 1,586
I don’t know how the Urbanite on ear compare to the Urbanite XL, but I really like my XLs.

I have the XL as well as the on-ear variant, and I find the XL more comfortable, but I also have more difficulty getting a proper seal on the XL and that can affect the sound signature, particularly the bass. I tend to find myself fidgeting with it to adjust the position to get that “sweet spot” with the XL.

Aug 23, 2018 at 4:01 AM Post #656 of 1,586
As you all know, the drivers are different between the 2 versions (Gold=titanium, Silver-graphene). In all honesty though, the difference in sound between the 2 is pretty minor. They both sound excellent, and I like them both. IMO, the Silver version has more sub-bass punch, is a bit warmer sounding, and has a bit cleaner bass presentation (that I have found is somewhat characteristic of graphene drivers). The Gold version has a few dBs less sub-bass (but it still has sub-bass, and deep hitting at that). As far as treble, remember the ceramic-piezo driver fills in a lot of the treble. Therefore, it's logical that the treble is quite similar between the 2 versions. Both have bright and sparkly treble, with plenty of lively energy. The Gold version has a bit more treble, but it comes across as a bit more thin and dry. The Silver version has a bit less treble, and it's smoother sounding. I would be interested in seeing a FR graph of each, as to my ears the differences boils down to merely a few dBs here and there.

so after some quick listening to both the silver and gold version some initial thoughts. the gold are a bit more treble forward then the silver for sure. the bass is still there but a less of it. the silver were a bit more bloomy and not as fast but the bass thats missing is there. im pretty sure i could pick which one i was handed in a blindfolded a/b test. both sound very good and in some ways i prefer the gold and others i prefer the silver. the gold are a bit better with vocals/classical/jazz for me. where the silver imo i like better for some djent or metal/rock/pop/blues etc. but both are great. the silver are not as v shaped as the gold. mids are more forward on them as is mid bass and lower bass.

At what frequencies would you say there are the differences in bass and treble between gold and silver? upper or lower region? If gold has a more V-shape then it could be better suited for my tastes (I love the highs of my DT770 as much as its deep bass).

Hello, does it mean that if I only use my FiiO X3 II to power them I won't get their full sound?

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2018 at 6:17 AM Post #657 of 1,586
Hello, does it mean that if I only use my FiiO X3 II to power them I won't get their full sound?

The output power of that DAP seems powerful enough. My H1707 (gold) sounds great straight out of my Cayin N3 and my Hidizs AP200. Those each provide130mW at 32Ω.

FiiOX3 spec:
Headphone Output

• Output Power 1: >224mW (16Ω / THD+N <1%)
  • Output Power 2: >200mW (32Ω / THD+N <1%)
  • Output Power 3: >24mW (300Ω /THD+N <1%)

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2018 at 8:19 AM Post #658 of 1,586
At what frequencies would you say there are the differences in bass and treble between gold and silver? upper or lower region? If gold has a more V-shape then it could be better suited for my tastes (I love the highs of my DT770 as much as its deep bass).

I think silver has a slightly more v shape

Aug 23, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #659 of 1,586
I think silver has a slightly more v shape

Which is probably why I fell in love with my gold version:) I have not heard the silver and have no plans to get one. There was no silver version when I got this one. The choices have made things confusing. Maybe most people should just pick that color they like best and/or the one they can get the best price on.

Aug 23, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #660 of 1,586
Ah, so that's the trick! :D. I didn't know that -- I explicitly asked Tyler, with whom I had been communicating with via email at 1MORE and who evaluated my headphones and issued me the store credit -- and he said that I could not combine the discount code for the H1707 and also use the store credit, so I didn't even try it -- and I only did two items because I had enough credit to more than cover the H1707 even at full price -- so I'm okay with having lost out on that, I still feel good that I got the with no cash outlay, discounting the fact that I paid extra for faster shipping since I had enough store credit to cover almost all of the extra $19.99 for that. :L3000:

I didn't ask, so I wasn't told that I couldn't use the store credit that way. And since most stores do allow you to use a store credit for discounted items, I figured it was the ecommerce system that was not handling the discount correctly with the store credit. Tried placing the orders separately, and it worked.

I traded in my HE-400i that I had been planning to sell for $224.50 store credit. By ordering separately using the discount codes and applying my store credit, I got the H1707 and the 1More triple driver IEM for an additional $35.48.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back