1MORE H1707 Triple-Driver Over Ear
May 17, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #242 of 1,586
There should be a language warning on that video for those of us who don't ALWAYS use headphones.

LOL, no kidding, though, he uses some very colorful language and says things that should not be played in public.

May 17, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #243 of 1,586
He liked them, as I recall. He raved about the sound. I can't remember what he said about comfort, and he's picky about comfort, so I think that means he could stand the on-ear reality of these "over ears", which is saying something.
LOL, no kidding, though, he uses some very colorful language and says things that should not be played in public.
LOL.. not exactly pc but in fairness he says what he feels in his own definitive style.

May 17, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #244 of 1,586
There should be a language warning on that video for those of us who don't ALWAYS use headphones.

Good point (I edited my post with a warning).

May 17, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #245 of 1,586
He liked them, as I recall. He raved about the sound. I can't remember what he said about comfort, and he's picky about comfort, so I think that means he could stand the on-ear reality of these "over ears", which is saying something.
-
-
I have the H1707 inbound.
I'll give them my Golden Ears listen and post their sonic reality for anyone who might need to know.
I'll compare them directly to HD660S and Aeon Flow - C, as these are what im mostly strapping myself into these last 14 days.
I'll use an Apogee Dac and a Rupert Neve Headphone amp, and probably Tyll's Headroom Home Black Maxx Wonder Brick, to get them into their cruising altitude & final sprint mode.
If @$249, the Mk801's can non-subjectively, but truthfully, (according to my Golden Ears), hang in close with those two, then they are more then a win win, they are in fact, a no brainer.
So, if you care, then find me there.....

FB1

Last edited:
May 17, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #247 of 1,586
The MK801 is neither noise cancelling nor $49. If someone got it for $49 it's used or fake. It also has no noise cancelling features in any way. It's our Gen 1 wired over ear. And while it's not close.in quality to the triple over ear, it is in a way the predecessor .

May 17, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #250 of 1,586
Personally, I'd like to hear that they are easier to drive.

I find the H1707 easy to drive...and very comfortable. They are over ear to me... the way I define it anyway. No part of my ear shows when I am wearing them so to me that is over ear. No pressure point where my glasses are...the pads are like marshmallows. My actual on ears, like my ThinkSound On1, always cause pain around that spot. If someone is uncertain about comfort just buy them from a place that takes returns. If a headphone was causing me discomfort I would return it and cite that as the reason.

Last edited:
May 17, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #251 of 1,586
It might compete well with Audeze Mobius and Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless. This model (which I am itching to get and may soon!) is wonderful... except that portable form factor just begs for wireless in today's world, no? :L3000: Nonetheless, there's always Bluetooth receivers for now....

May 17, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #252 of 1,586
It might compete well with Audeze Mobius and Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless. This model (which I am itching to get and may soon!) is wonderful... except that portable form factor just begs for wireless in today's world, no? :L3000: Nonetheless, there's always Bluetooth receivers for now....

The Mobius is a gaming headphone that has waves NX head tracking technology that Audeze copied from our VRX gaming headphones (also worth waves NX) to be released at E3 in 2 weeks .

May 17, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #253 of 1,586
The Mobius is a gaming headphone that has waves NX head tracking technology that Audeze copied from our VRX gaming headphones (also worth waves NX) to be released at E3 in 2 weeks .

True, but I know a lot of people who have pre-ordered them for use primarily for music, but it's a steal to get planar magnetic goodness and wireless at the price point it's selling, so while it's marketed as a gaming headset and certainly has a lot of features specific to gaming, not everyone buying it will be buying it for gaming.

Beyerdynamic's two recently released wireless headphones, on the other hand, have no fancy gaming magic.

Anyway, the form factor, in 2018, of the 1MORE Triple Driver Over Ears -- it just screams "portable" and "portable" in 2018 begs for wireless capability -- just my humble opinion. :D. I don't think 1MORE will hurt from sales of this model, though, at $249, it seems to be a really great deal, and obviously adding wirelessly would add at least $100 to the price.

May 17, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #254 of 1,586

Users who are viewing this thread

Back