1MORE H1707 Triple-Driver Over Ear
May 13, 2017 at 6:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,567

menuki

500+ Head-Fier
Hello fellow Head-Fiers :)

Here to show you the newest Over Ear headphones from 1MORE:

https://uk.1more.com/products/h1707-triple-driver-over-ear-headphones

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...adphones-Headset-for/1802486_32791928437.html

Over Ear headphones with three drivers: Titanium driver for mids and bass, ceramic driver for highs and finally a passive bass reflex driver.

Ever since i've received and began to adore their In-Ear 1MORE Quad Drivers i became so curios to how the Over-Ears sound! I've been listening to them for about 1-2 days now and they sound really stellar so far. I don't wanna go into all the details yet since i want to give out the best impression i can, but i felt the need to just create this thread for people to see.

Maybe someone out here already owns them and is satisfied / dissatisfied with them? They are not really that available besides in the UK and Asia AFAIK but they will probably make their way to the american market very soon!

May 13, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #2 of 1,567
They look really intriguing. Are they open or closed? I love my Quad drivers and if this is super stellar + light, I might consider it!

I'd love to see a lightning variant with DAC/AMP inline since they also just made a version of the triple in-ear with that. Hell, I'd sell my standard quads to fund a lightning version of the quads if they released it.

The thing is, I don't know if I can justify another set of over ears since I have the MoFi. I love the portable amp. I don't love that the MoFi will have a dead battery at some point and am kind of on the lookout for something with similar performance which draws power from lightning. Might not be possible since it seems like quite a bit of juice, tho. I dunno.

Anyway, excited for impressions on these things.

Last edited:
May 13, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #3 of 1,567
They look really intriguing. Are they open or closed? I love my Quad drivers and if this is super stellar + light, I might consider it!

I'd love to see a lightning variant with DAC/AMP inline since they also just made a version of the triple in-ear with that. Hell, I'd sell my standard quads to fund a lightning version of the quads if they released it.

The thing is, I don't know if I can justify another set of over ears since I have the MoFi. I love the portable amp. I don't love that the MoFi will have a dead battery at some point and am kind of on the lookout for something with similar performance which draws power from lightning. Might not be possible since it seems like quite a bit of juice, tho. I dunno.

Anyway, excited for impressions on these things.

They are closed but have a pretty open sound!

I guess you can always purchase them and send them back if you don't like their sound. I think my Quads will be resting for a while now since these are just amazing and just so much fun to listen to. I'd describe the over-ear signature those of the Quads but with more bass (FUN) and less "bright" highs. They simply sound so coherent and i can't take them of, wait, i take them of almost every third song because they look so damn amazing and they feel even more amazing! Its almost all metal with a bit of very sturdy plastic. I love this hobby. :beyersmile::beyersmile::beyersmile:

May 14, 2017 at 6:36 AM Post #4 of 1,567
wow! much wow! lookiing forward!

May 18, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #5 of 1,567
I listen to my quads every day in tandem with my RP-HD10's.
Do these sound similar to the quads or triples as headphones (not IEM's)?

I can only wear IEM's for so long before wax takes over, I have to constantly clean my ears so that wax doesn't get on the IEM tips.

May 19, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #6 of 1,567
I listen to my quads every day in tandem with my RP-HD10's.
Do these sound similar to the quads or triples as headphones (not IEM's)?

I can only wear IEM's for so long before wax takes over, I have to constantly clean my ears so that wax doesn't get on the IEM tips.

They definitely sound similar in regards to overall signature with a few differences:

- Bigger sound due to full over-ear design
- Maybe a tad less "3D-ish" sound opposed to the in ears but amazing soundstage nontheless!
- Highs are more on par with mids, mids are more upfront and bass is also stronger as on the quads

Lately i somehow wish the quads had the sound signature of the over ears because their bass, while not being overly boosted at all, is just a touch more fun compared to the quads and you can just listen to them louder and hear more details in the mids because the highs really never ever get harsh.

May 19, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #7 of 1,567
They definitely sound similar in regards to overall signature with a few differences:

- Bigger sound due to full over-ear design
- Maybe a tad less "3D-ish" sound opposed to the in ears but amazing soundstage nontheless!
- Highs are more on par with mids, mids are more upfront and bass is also stronger as on the quads

Lately i somehow wish the quads had the sound signature of the over ears because their bass, while not being overly boosted at all, is just a touch more fun compared to the quads and you can just listen to them louder and hear more details in the mids because the highs really never ever get harsh.
Thats really awesome man, I can't wait for them to launch in the USA now I will definitely buy them!

Jun 21, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #9 of 1,567
Since there are very few reviews available in English I contacted jaben.com.au for opinion and received this nice review
and hope it helps those who are considering this headphone:

"Thanks for your email! Unfortunately since the triple driver over ears are quite new to the UK, US and AUS/NZ but has already had a limited release in Asia for a few years now it didn't appear at CES this year. So although it's a huge amount of coverage in Korea and Japan its english reviews are pretty scarce! We're currently teeing up some reviews with a range of tech/lifestyle magazines + blogs around the country - though in the meantime - as the shop's main tech advisor and a professional audio engineer i figure i might try my best to give you an objective review of these headphones myself.

DESIGN:
The construction of triple drivers are a real high point, the machined metal rose gold and black feel solid and have just the right weight to feel nice in the hand but feel comfortable on the head.The headband doesn't put too much weight on the top of the head and its soft, pleather earcups are just barely enough to fit over the ear. This smaller size keeps them easy to manage and portable but might be uncomfortable for those with larger heads/ears or those looking to use them for really intensive hours of listening outside of an hour or two at a time. They also fold up with a nice feeling and strong locking mechanism, but they don't fold flat so anyone looking to put them in the back of a laptop bag might also have a hard time with them. The semi hard zip case that comes with them is quite hardy though which i think is a great addition for travelling. It also comes with a double mono cable which feels really nice, though can be a little tedious if you're used to keeping your cable on one side or the other.

SOUND:
In true 1MORE fashion the triple drivers don't have a completely universally agreeable sound, they do have a sound that's hard to imagine coming from anywhere else which i'd imagine would be pretty polarising for a lot of listening. Characteristically the triple drivers are both dark and detailed, they're a v shaped headphone that has a surprising amount of resolution and quite a reasonably wide soundstage for the amount of low end they have. The ceramic driver in them really helps clear up its details here which gives it a surprisingly light sound for how powerful the other two drivers can feel. I feel like there are also some obvious and deep crossover cuts just above where most vocals sit and between where most basses/guitars sit which add a lot of colour for better or worse.

All in all i tend to find these headphones work best for brighter more controlled and less sub heavy songs. So if you're a fan of more retro sounds from The Beatles to Michael Jackson, Joy Division to 80s/90s Madonna you might find that these headphones will breath a huge amount of new life into these songs. They sound wonderful and can put these songs into a such new light that they more often that not sound vibrant and almost even modern. Lovers of orchestral music, piano, metal, soft ballads and top 40 pop will also find something nice in these headphones too. The flip side to this though is that anything bass driven in genre such as hard rock, indie pop, hip hop or heavier dance music might find that these headphones don't quite pop and feel as vivid as they should. As a general rule of thumb these work well for bright mixes, but work to a lesser extent for lush, darker mixes.

On a side note the packaging on these things are beautiful though expect a large box in the mail if you're ordering them!

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Best,

Guy"

1More_Hi_Res.jpg

1m1.jpg

Jul 18, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #10 of 1,567
Any new impressions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back