1964 EARS V6 Thread
Jun 16, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #691 of 931
Were soft canal option available when you guys ordered it?  I had the option when I ordered it in January, and that was the deciding factor for me.  It's no longer available, and I was told by 1964 that they had to reject a lot of orders from customers because of it.

Jun 16, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #692 of 931
Quote:
Were soft canal option available when you guys ordered it?  I had the option when I ordered it in January, and that was the deciding factor for me.  It's no longer available, and I was told by 1964 that they had to reject a lot of orders from customers because of it.

It's possible that due to the higher driver count that more usable space was needed in most cases for fitting everything inside of the hard acrylic shell and thus the soft canal was inviable.

For instance I have a slightly malformed "ear bowl" on my one side, and from what I see one of the 3 drivers in my 10X3 needed to be fitted higher into the canal in order to work. Had I wanted soft canals, this wouldn't have worked as the driver would be sitting in the soft material and would have been subject to sound alteration by even the slightest adjustment in my ear. 

Jul 12, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #696 of 931
Quote:
Follow up on that...  Will the Fiio E17 drive the V6?  The V6 is rates as a 15Ohm impedence, the E17 is rated for 16-300Ohm.  Is is close enough?  Or will there be a noise issue?

I'm using X3 as source for my V6, and it drives it easily. It sounds really good with the X3. (X3's DAC and amp comes from the E17 if i'm not mistaken)

Jul 17, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #698 of 931
Quote:
15 ohms makes it very easy to drive with almost all players. Having an amp might help but how much better would it sound differs from individual,

I guess I'm asking the question wrong.  The V6 has a lower ohm rating than the Fiio E17 is rated to drive, does anyone have this combination and are there any problems using the V6 on the E17?

Thanks

Jul 17, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #700 of 931
I'm using a X3 that uses the E17 amp, no problem at all. It handles the V6 very well.

Jul 18, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #701 of 931
So I haven't used IEMs in a few months and I popped my V6s back in my ears today. I have been re-blown away. One of my best purchases of all time.

Jul 26, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #702 of 931
I just bought my first IEM's and decided to go with 1964 ears. I have seen some comments on getting replacement cords that are of better quality (as far as sound) but I haven't been able to find a company.

What are the best cords I can get for these IEM's. and by best I mean best (gold tips, etc.).

Thanks!

Jul 26, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #703 of 931
Quote:
I just bought my first IEM's and decided to go with 1964 ears. I have seen some comments on getting replacement cords that are of better quality (as far as sound) but I haven't been able to find a company.

What are the best cords I can get for these IEM's. and by best I mean best (gold tips, etc.).

Thanks!

BTG Audio, PlusSound Audio, Double Helix Cables, Beat Audio, Headphone Lounge, are the first few that come to mind.
In regards to sonic issues (brace for impact) I would say that's the wrong reason to buy a new cable.
Cables should be bought for ergonomic and comfort issues, as well as functionality. If you hear a difference... that's for another thread.

Aug 12, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #705 of 931
I recently took delivery of my HD800s and have fallen completely on love with them--I don't detect the hot treble and anemic bass many head-fiers frequently complain about. Keep in mind that I am coming from the LCD-2 rev 2.5, which I found to have recessed treble and boosted bass response. My measly 4.Ai has great difficulty in remaining a viable choice for my daily listening due to its technical limitations. Of course, the obvious solution to my needs is a good CIEM, hence my post in this thread. My doctor has recommended that I wait until I am 17 before purchasing any CIEMs, as the ear supposedly is still changing significantly until then. So, with roughly 9 months remaining, I've set out to find my ideal CIEM. Having read through multiple comparison threads and articles, I've come to the conclusion that, at a mere $650, the V6 presents itself as the best value out there. Could anyone draw a quick comparison between the V6 and HD800 with regards to treble and mids?

-Kenneth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back