1964 EARS V6 Thread
Apr 30, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #661 of 931
Quote:
This thread's died down a bit.. I was hoping for some more impressions of the V6.  Are people just waiting for their pair or has what needs to be discussed been discussed?

I'm curious.. what full sized (or another custom IEM) phone's signature does the V6's sound most compare to?  Are there any glaring weakness(es) people have found with the V6?  Have people used them with top tier desktop rigs?  If so, how do they scale?  I'd appreciate comments on extension and tonal quality, too.

I will post my impressions after I break in my pair.

Quote:
Did you get your impressions using a bite block?

Yup. Had mine done with an audiologist who knew what I was getting it for.

Apr 30, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #662 of 931
I have fuller impressions coming. Regular gig and some side gigs have me severely tied up right now.

May 4, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #663 of 931
For anyone possessing both the V6 and either the new JH Audio freqphase 16 or 13, how do these ciems compare? I'm looking at the price difference and wondering if I can justify the latter.

May 4, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #664 of 931
For anyone possessing both the V6 and either the new JH Audio freqphase 16 or 13, how do these ciems compare? I'm looking at the price difference and wondering if I can justify the latter.

My personal experience on this audio journey is that the excitement will be great at first but will fade out. Even if the difference is substantial (which I doubt, after owning many different headphones, amps, DACs and what not..) as soon as you're on the 3rd, 5th song, you'd forget all that and just enjoy the music. The V6 is as good as they are, and dare I say one of the best pairs of IEMs for that price range, anything beyond that, to me at least, is a huge diminishing return. That's like your car can go 150 mph and you would pay $50,000 just so it can go 160 mph. Whether or not it's worth it for you, that is your choice. I personally don't have the golden ears that can detect the slight difference in every frequency.

Cheers.

May 4, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #665 of 931
Quote:
My personal experience on this audio journey is that the excitement will be great at first but will fade out. Even if the difference is substantial (which I doubt, after owning many different headphones, amps, DACs and what not..) as soon as you're on the 3rd, 5th song, you'd forget all that and just enjoy the music. The V6 is as good as they are, and dare I say one of the best pairs of IEMs for that price range, anything beyond that, to me at least, is a huge diminishing return. That's like your car can go 150 mph and you would pay $50,000 just so it can go 160 mph. Whether or not it's worth it for you, that is your choice. I personally don't have the golden ears that can detect the slight difference in every frequency.

Cheers.

Thank-you for your entertainingly jaded experience.  To use your analogy, any headphone can play music, just as any car can get you from point A to B.  While I don't doubt the law of diminishing returns I found the jump from sub $200 iems to $700 customs worthwhile and satisfying.  Now I'm looking into my next (few) customs and I'd specifically like to know if the V6 is a Ferrari like the JH16 or more of a Corvette that can compete on the track but won't be as well rounded and satisfying a package over time.

This knowledge is best provided by someone who has experience with both audio vehicles.  To date Average Joe's CIEM comparisons/reviews have provided the best information but he hasn't covered the V6 (a tempting deal at $650) or the newer iteration of the JH13/JH16.

May 5, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #666 of 931
Thank-you for your entertainingly jaded experience.  To use your analogy, any headphone can play music, just as any car can get you from point A to B.  While I don't doubt the law of diminishing returns I found the jump from sub $200 iems to $700 customs worthwhile and satisfying.  Now I'm looking into my next (few) customs and I'd specifically like to know if the V6 is a Ferrari like the JH16 or more of a Corvette that can compete on the track but won't be as well rounded and satisfying a package over time.

This knowledge is best provided by someone who has experience with both audio vehicles.  To date Average Joe's CIEM comparisons/reviews have provided the best information but he hasn't covered the V6 (a tempting deal at $650) or the newer iteration of the JH13/JH16.

Oh I don't mean to sway you from your decision of whether to go with the V6 or the JH13. And sorry about the car analogy, as you know it's a clear jump from a Camry to a Ferrari, I was just saying something long the line of a Lamborghini and a Posche.

You can ask for a pair to try out before making decision, I know 1964 ears let you do that, as someone on here has done. I'm not sure about JH audio but you can try asking them.

For a bit information, I have the Unique Melody Miracle, which is on the same class of the JH16, and the V6 is not far off. I gave the V6 a score of 9.25 and the Miracle a score of 9.75. If that helps.

Best!

May 5, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #667 of 931
That helps a lot, thanks.  However the latest article on Inner Fidelity (posted this evening) pretty much clinches it for me.  The V6 is tempting but I might as well go for the best and then wait for the time technology and innovation offers something better.

May 5, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #668 of 931
While I don't own any 'Ferraris' I agree with everything Han Bao Quan said. After I got my V6 and 7X, I haven't felt any desire to upgrade anymore. I just enjoy the music now.

May 5, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #669 of 931
Only one of the reviewers for the Inner Fidelity article own a V6. So there wasn't as much perspectives offered on V6 compared to the JH, Heir and Westone models.

May 18, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #670 of 931
Umm guys I need some suggestion regarding to the 1964 V6, I'm a Bassist in a church, stage bassist (in a band) and a sound engineer (soon on college), I need Custom in ear monitor to do that. my budget is like 800$. I'll do some research on different brand especially 1964 Ear, Cosmic Ear, Westone, Unique Melody and FitEar. The Bestest IEM ever that I ever heard was FitEar ToGo!334, but it was a long way from my budget. For my research it turn out to be 1964 Ears (because the flagship CIEM is 650$, while unique melody from china is 950$ same as westone from US).

Now the problem is that I don't know what to choose in the 1964 Ears. Whether the V6, Quad or V3 (I don't add the dual cause I better get an Universal anyway). For sound, I like details and balance sound (even though I'm a bassist) so I want the lows, mid and high to be the most balance and coherent(I use to hear rock music like Hillsong, Planet Shakers, SCANDAL, L'arc En Ciel, T.M.Revolution and some ballad acoustic music).

live in Indonesia and some store like Headfonia and Jaben Indonesia does not have the demo for the 1964 ears. So I want you guys to suggest which of the 1964 Ears CIEM is the best for me (Bassist on stage and Sound Engineer). Of course this is the first time I want to purchase a custom from Indonesia, so I don't know how to order these things, maybe you guys can give me a help regarding these situation. Thanks :)

May 18, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #671 of 931
Quote:
Umm guys I need some suggestion regarding to the 1964 V6, I'm a Bassist in a church, stage bassist (in a band) and a sound engineer (soon on college), I need Custom in ear monitor to do that. my budget is like 800$. I'll do some research on different brand especially 1964 Ear, Cosmic Ear, Westone, Unique Melody and FitEar. The Bestest IEM ever that I ever heard was FitEar ToGo!334, but it was a long way from my budget. For my research it turn out to be 1964 Ears (because the flagship CIEM is 650$, while unique melody from china is 950$ same as westone from US).

Now the problem is that I don't know what to choose in the 1964 Ears. Whether the V6, Quad or V3 (I don't add the dual cause I better get an Universal anyway). For sound, I like details and balance sound (even though I'm a bassist) so I want the lows, mid and high to be the most balance and coherent(I use to hear rock music like Hillsong, Planet Shakers, SCANDAL, L'arc En Ciel, T.M.Revolution and some ballad acoustic music).

live in Indonesia and some store like Headfonia and Jaben Indonesia does not have the demo for the 1964 ears. So I want you guys to suggest which of the 1964 Ears CIEM is the best for me (Bassist on stage and Sound Engineer). Of course this is the first time I want to purchase a custom from Indonesia, so I don't know how to order these things, maybe you guys can give me a help regarding these situation. Thanks :)

Hi
Well the V6 is For you! Im a bassist as well,but idont play really well.The v6 has one of the sweetest bass impact,Highs,and mids.If you want more info regarding how to purchase IEM in indonesia Please PM me

May 24, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #673 of 931
Have any of my fellow V6 owners heard the JH13? I've seen nothing but rave reviews about them and I'm curious how they compare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back