1964 EARS V6 Thread
May 25, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #679 of 931
1964 Ears is doing a memorial day sale, with the V6's being $550!

That's a incredible price for a 6 drivers IEMs, considering there's no tax. They're gonna get a lot of orders I would assume.

May 25, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #680 of 931
1964 Ears is doing a memorial day sale, with the V6's being $550!

That's a incredible price for a 6 drivers IEMs, considering there's no tax. They're gonna get a lot of orders I would assume.

Jun 14, 2013 at 6:44 AM Post #681 of 931
Hey all. New in this forums :). I'm interested in getting the V6 but I prefer a universal fit since at times I'd like to share it with others for them to appreciate high end sounds. Best part is I contacted 1964 ears and they told me that they can sell me a universal fit version!

So my question is to those who tried their demo sets for the V6, are there any differences to the SQ and soundstage compared to the customs after you got them? I know the isolation for customs will definitely beat the universal for hands down. But aside from the isolation how about everything else?
Would appreciate all feedback given :)

Jun 14, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #682 of 931
Okay, so i just called Alex regarding the differences btw the universal fitting and the customs for V6. From what i was told, the universal has slightly more treble and slightly less bass compared to the customs. Mids should be the same.
Sadly there's no recessed ports for the universals.
Would like to hear anyone else views who have tried both the demo units and the customs. Apparently the universal set is the same with the demo set.
I'm still undecided on which to choose... perfect isolation is not a priority for me, as long as it has a good seal and blocks out most noise i'll be happy. What matters most is the SQ and soundstage. 

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #683 of 931
Hi

Any ideas how much the universal is going for and is it available on general release?

Cheers

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #684 of 931
Quote:
Hi

Any ideas how much the universal is going for and is it available on general release?

Cheers

$575, not much cheaper than getting the customs, and you will have to contact them directly if you want a universal version. It's basically the same version as the demo set. That's why i wanted to know if there is any differences in the SQ and soundstage between the demo set and the custom set ;(

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #685 of 931
Ah but with the universal you don't have to factor in impressions so shouldn't have any fit issues!

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #686 of 931
davidcotton said:
.Ah but with the universal you don't have to factor in impressions so shouldn't have any fit issues!

True, but i value the sound quality, signature and soundstage of the originally intended V6. Thats why if there is only very little difference between the demo set and the custom, I'd go for the universal.

Are you planning to get the universal version too?

Jun 14, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #687 of 931
Quote:
True, but i value the sound quality, signature and soundstage of the originally intended V6. Thats why if there is only very little difference between the demo set and the custom, I'd go for the universal.

Are you planning to get the universal version too?

Not really, not even seriously thought of 1964 though everyone seems to like their stuff.  I've had hell getting customs done (three separate companys, only now getting anywhere with the help of the third, check my posts to see who to save derailing this one) that's why the mention of universals just sparked my morbid curiosity :)  As way of comparison the 1964 v6 universal is about the same price as a westone 4r (give or take) in the uk!

Cheers

Jun 15, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #688 of 931
I should think the V6 trumps the Westone 4r? Would like to know how the demo set for the V6 fairs against all the top/best universals too.
I've tried the 4r and wasn't too impressed. More impressed with the SE535 Ltd though.

Jun 15, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #690 of 931
Gosh what happened to all the other V6 users?
Could use some input from you guys on
1) V6 demo unit vs the custom V6
2) V6 demo unit vs high end/top universals

Users who are viewing this thread

Back