1964 EARS V6 Thread
Aug 6, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #106 of 931

Quote:
Lol cant wait :D i was hoping to get a V6 customs (my first one) in early 2012... If the 8 driver comes out around that time, i might shell a bit more for it

Yeah, I am just fine waiting until early next year as my wallet will need more recovery time from the Quads purchase! I wonder how the price of the V6 and V8 will compare to the competitors. I also hope that 1964 Ears will release some technical descriptions on how the new voicing will differ from their current configurations as I find that the most potentially appealing part of the announcement!

Aug 19, 2011 at 12:16 PM Post #107 of 931
So after 5 weeks or so my UM customs have arrived back from China (via Ampcity). They're basically a pair of 1964 Ears Quads with 2 extra drivers added and a UM custom crossover. So that's six drivers per side in total. I went for the Titanium faceplate with an Azur shell. The finish is excellent with no bubbles and so far the fit seems good too. They've only had a couple of hours use so far, but first impressions are very positive. The overall presentation is nice and even-handed from top to bottom to my ears. Detail is superb with great dynamics and impact.

Some pics....

The 1964 Quads have a bit of a reputation for being bass heavy and slightly lacking in top end extension. These sound superb - really balanced across the spectrum. I'd recommend these mods to anyone looking to improve their Quads.

Aug 19, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #108 of 931
Those look very nice...
beerchug.gif

Aug 19, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #109 of 931
Very nice looking customs. Since I have the Q, I'm wondering what major differences are to be expected with the upgrade apart from balancing of the spectrum? I have a TF10 remolded and upgraded to 6 drivers done by UM and I love them. Right up there with my JH13. Congrats!

Quote:
So after 5 weeks or so my UM customs have arrived back from China (via Ampcity). They're basically a pair of 1964 Ears Quads with 2 extra drivers added and a UM custom crossover. So that's six drivers per side in total. I went for the Titanium faceplate with an Azur shell. The finish is excellent with no bubbles and so far the fit seems good too. They've only had a couple of hours use so far, but first impressions are very positive. The overall presentation is nice and even-handed from top to bottom to my ears. Detail is superb with great dynamics and impact.

Some pics....

The 1964 Quads have a bit of a reputation for being bass heavy and slightly lacking in top end extension. These sound superb - really balanced across the spectrum. I'd recommend these mods to anyone looking to improve their Quads.

Aug 28, 2011 at 3:09 AM Post #112 of 931
I doubt they can fit 16 drivers to one side :p Haha this reminds me of the april fool's joke abt a 22 driver iem :D Hmm i wonder how the V6 and V8 will be tuned...

Aug 29, 2011 at 4:06 AM Post #116 of 931

Quote:
I doubt they can fit 16 drivers to one side :p Haha this reminds me of the april fool's joke abt a 22 driver iem :D Hmm i wonder how the V6 and V8 will be tuned...

Okay i take that back if this is legit. (I think). Wow, whats the configuration of that monster? Who made it? I want one!! :p

Sep 1, 2011 at 2:06 AM Post #117 of 931
How does one get an IEM like that?  I want one... seriously one of the closest FR graphs to my ideal I have seen.  I am very interested...  

Is it a UM Miracle just tweaked a little more bass heavy? Did you hand them a pair of 1964Q's and ask them to add two more drivers?  How much did that cost you?  Any more impressions?

Quote:

Some pics....

Sep 1, 2011 at 4:00 AM Post #118 of 931
Yes they are 1964 Quads (I bought a used pair on here) that have been reshelled by Unique Melody. They have added 2 extra drivers and their own crossover. Since I live in the UK I had this service performed via Amp City, who are our UM dealer. The reshell + 2 drivers cost me £399 inc any artwork/colour/face plate and fully insured servce. Perhaps not the cheapest way to have these done, but guaranteed and worry free. To my ears these sound so good out of my iPhone 4 that I don't want to listen to anything else from my inventory. As a result i've now sold all of my DAPs and expensive universal IEMs - which has more than paid for the customs. They sound absolutely superb throughout the frequency range. Highly recommended. I am no longer looking at any other IEMs.

Dec 8, 2011 at 11:26 AM Post #119 of 931
Hello Head-fi family:

So I've been in touch with Vitaliy and the good people over at 1964 EARS, and I have a bit of good news to carry us into the new year. As expected, it's been a long and tedious process in developing the right drivers for the V6, but prototypes will be completed soon with beta testing beginning, Vitaliy said.

With that said, Vitaliy believes that there is a very strong chance we might see full-production of the V6 in early 2012! Sounds like exciting news to me. Other products are still in the planning and development stages. But....I also can tell you that 1964 EARS may offer us something in the form of a hybrid (dynamic and BA drivers) in the not-so-distant future. This is the update that so many of you have been asking me for (and really all I'm allowed to say right now, but I'm sure some surprises awaits us). Stay tuned, try to hold onto your wallets and Happy listening!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back