1964 EARS V6 Thread
Jul 29, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #91 of 931

X2
Quote:

I truly meant to put, "we want everything the same as the quads but without a whole 1/3rd of the frequency spectrum missing.".  I'll change the original post so no one gets confused anymore. 

Obviously not everyone is gonna feel the same way about that statement above but that's my personal opinion.  I really do believe that if this iem is going to be made for music listeners then the highs must be presented properly.  Also when I say properly I mean not recessed like the 1964-Q. 

Hopefully that clears up any misunderstandings. 

Jul 29, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #92 of 931

Quote:
Yea I ended up getting a great seal on my friends pair while doing a comparison with the demo version of the UM Merlin.  Definitely not the best way to experience them but it reaffirmed my initial thoughts of it having great bass, great mids, and recessed highs. 

I'm very interested in a 1964 iem due to them being in my country and just one state away from me.  I want to buy from them but I need for them to first create an IEM that I would truly enjoy.  I'm really hoping the v6 could really be the one I'm searching for. 

Well I certainly understand wanting to hear an IEM you can enjoy @ Poetik, especially considering how costly this hobby can be in the real of customs (or universals).

Aug 4, 2011 at 6:29 PM Post #94 of 931
So the big guy, Vitaliy, has been so kind to take a moment out of his busy schedule and correspond with me on up an update. I'm sure he doesn't mind me sharing this with you. [size=11pt]The crew at 1964 EARS are working with both Knowles and Sonion to "prototype the driver designs" needed for the 1964-V6. Here is where it gets really interesting. In Vitaliy's own words: " Sometimes this takes a while. As for the name,  the “V” is for voices. The six driver will obviously have six per ear…. So each driver is thought of as a voice. Basically you’ll have a mini-choir inside of your ears[/size][size=11pt]."[/size]
[size=11pt]And>>>>>[/size][size=11pt] "The plan is to transition all of our products to the “V-line” which will have a more aggressive tuning  (V2, V3, V4, V6 and V8)[/size]."

Yes!  The V8 took me by surprise too! Happy listening !!

Aug 4, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #95 of 931
Quote:
So the big guy, Vitaliy, has been so kind to take a moment out of his busy schedule and correspond with on up an update. I'm sure he doesn't mind me sharing with you. [size=11pt]The crew at 1964 EARS are working with both Knowles and Sonion to prototype the driver designs needed for the 196e-V. Here is where it gets really interesting. In Vitaliy's own words: " Sometimes this takes a while. As for the name the “V” is for voices. The six driver will obviously have six per ear…. So each driver is thought of as a voice. Basically you’ll have a mini-choir inside of your ears[/size][size=11pt]."[/size]
[size=11pt]And>>>>>[/size][size=11pt] The plan is to transition all of our products to the “V-line” which will have a more aggressive tuning.  (V2, V3, V4, V6 and V8)[/size]." Yes, the V8 took me by surprise too! Happy listening !!

V8... as in 8 in each ear... 
eek.gif
 WHY, HEAD-FI?!? WHY???

Aug 4, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #96 of 931

Quote:
V8... as in 8 in each ear... 
eek.gif
 WHY, HEAD-FI?!? WHY???

Exactly @ i2ehan...that's exactly how I felt when I received the news. My wallet has already slapped me in the face and hid from me. 
deadhorse.gif

Aug 4, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #98 of 931
Okay, now that we're all ramped up with giddiness, I should bring us all down a notch or two back to earth and reiterate that Vitaliy says this process and the route they're taking now will TAKE TIME!  What does that mean? Well, it simply means we may not see these products by the end of the year. Now, Vitaliy didn't say this, it's all of my speculation. But he did stress it will take time (without giving a timetable). I think I'm being logical by thinking it may not materialize this year. Then again, maybe one of the new products will surface before year's end. We'll just have to keep our fingers cross, but the most important thing is that 1964 EARS has enough time to get it right (no rush jobs, which they won't do, I am certain of that).

Aug 4, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #99 of 931
Quote:
Okay, now that we're all are ramped up with giddiness, I should bring us all down a notch or two back to earth and reiterate that Vitaliy says this process and the route they're taking now will TAKE TIME!  What does that mean? Well, it simply means we may not see these products by the end of the year.

I'll tell you what that REALLY means. A GIANT sigh of relief from my wallet, and many others I presume.
tongue.gif

Aug 5, 2011 at 7:41 AM Post #100 of 931

Quote:
So the big guy, Vitaliy, has been so kind to take a moment out of his busy schedule and correspond with me on up an update. I'm sure he doesn't mind me sharing this with you. [size=11pt]The crew at 1964 EARS are working with both Knowles and Sonion to "prototype the driver designs" needed for the 1964-V6. Here is where it gets really interesting. In Vitaliy's own words: " Sometimes this takes a while. As for the name,  the “V” is for voices. The six driver will obviously have six per ear…. So each driver is thought of as a voice. Basically you’ll have a mini-choir inside of your ears[/size][size=11pt]."[/size]
[size=11pt]And>>>>>[/size][size=11pt] "The plan is to transition all of our products to the “V-line” which will have a more aggressive tuning  (V2, V3, V4, V6 and V8)[/size]."

Yes!  The V8 took me by surprise too! Happy listening !!

I didn't see this. No, I certainly did not and I am happy with my quads...

Aug 5, 2011 at 3:32 PM Post #102 of 931
Aug 5, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #103 of 931
Aug 5, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #104 of 931
Just to chime in, I wouldn't wait around. Word on the grapevine is that it'll be early 2012 for just the 6 driver version, so God knows when the 8 driver version will release. Point is, it's going to be some wait either way.

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #105 of 931
Lol cant wait :D i was hoping to get a V6 customs (my first one) in early 2012... If the 8 driver comes out around that time, i might shell a bit more for it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back