1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Jul 28, 2017 at 12:55 AM Post #8,866 of 9,124
U4 SE vs. U8 anyone? A comparison will be nice even with the U6.

Can't promise 100%, but i might have an opportunity soon to compare u4-se to u6.

Jul 28, 2017 at 12:55 AM Post #8,867 of 9,124
Currently straight from my pc and smartphone, both have a warm characteristics with a smooth treble and terrible technicalities. I'm still waiting for my questyle cma400i to come (not as warm, black background and airy highs iirc), should arrive probably next weekend. I've listened pop, edm, dnb, jazz, classical and anime songs with this earphone but i can't enjoy them as much as i usually do.

The u10 i'm currently using is just a loaner, so i don't really know if i am using it as it is supposed to be or not

U10 has a relaxed sound. It is a good all rounder. But doesn't shine in any particular genre. With a good source it will excel in the stage and separation. It is one of the safe and easy-to-listen-to IEMs in the market.

I would recommend the LPG as it has an aggressive sound. It should add some excitement to the sound. Or sources such as the QP1R.

But yes, U10 can be on the boring side if you prefer an exciting sound.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #8,868 of 9,124
Currently straight from my pc and smartphone, both have a warm characteristics with a smooth treble and terrible technicalities. I'm still waiting for my questyle cma400i to come (not as warm, black background and airy highs iirc), should arrive probably next weekend. I've listened pop, edm, dnb, jazz, classical and anime songs with this earphone but i can't enjoy them as much as i usually do.

The u10 i'm currently using is just a loaner, so i don't really know if i am using it as it is supposed to be or not

Both, HO of pc and smartphone are not the best sources to evaluate u10. Wait for cma400i dac/amp.

Jul 28, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #8,869 of 9,124
U10 has a relaxed sound. It is a good all rounder. But doesn't shine in any particular genre. With a good source it will excel in the stage and separation. It is one of the safe and easy-to-listen-to IEMs in the market.

I would recommend the LPG as it has an aggressive sound. It should add some excitement to the sound. Or sources such as the QP1R.

But yes, U10 can be on the boring side if you prefer an exciting sound.

I think so too. I feel that both the highs and the lows doesn't feel apparent, but it will turn up when the song calls for it

I don't think i will be getting the LPG anytime soon. But I'm looking forward for my cma400i to come, seems like it will be great for listening to classical or acoustic music with this pairing.

Both, HO of pc and smartphone are not the best sources to evaluate u10. Wait for cma400i dac/amp.

Yeah, I really can't wait for my cma400i to come. Hopefully it will be great pairing for iems as it is marketed

Cheers guys

Jul 28, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #8,870 of 9,124
Did it change yours? I'm still split between U18 and TIA Fourte, will have Fourte review soon...
I think I def need to listen to U18 more whenever I get the chance next and then decide which is subjectively better.

This might be the like the case of Andromeda vs Vega. Andromeda is clearly more proficient but when I heard both side by side, the Vega seemed better because of the thicker mids and absolutely stellar sub-bass.

Jul 28, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #8,871 of 9,124
I think I def need to listen to U18 more whenever I get the chance next and then decide which is subjectively better.

This might be the like the case of Andromeda vs Vega. Andromeda is clearly more proficient but when I heard both side by side, the Vega seemed better because of the thicker mids and absolutely stellar sub-bass.
You like me haha. I just bought vega back for the third time lolz. I owned u12 2 times and then ended up with A12. I'm done with this. I'm tired to jump around to find the best one for me.

Jul 28, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #8,872 of 9,124
I think so too. I feel that both the highs and the lows doesn't feel apparent, but it will turn up when the song calls for it

I don't think i will be getting the LPG anytime soon. But I'm looking forward for my cma400i to come, seems like it will be great for listening to classical or acoustic music with this pairing.

Yeah, I really can't wait for my cma400i to come. Hopefully it will be great pairing for iems as it is marketed

Cheers guys

Cool. I hope the 400i helps breathe in some life. The stage, separation and layering should improve for sure. In fact those are U10's strengths.

But if the signature is still unappealing, you may want to consider changing the IEM. The Noble Kaiser Encore, Dita Dream and In-Ear Prophile-8 are some options that come to mind that might have both the low and high end that you are looking for.

Jul 28, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #8,873 of 9,124
Cool. I hope the 400i helps breathe in some life. The stage, separation and layering should improve for sure. In fact those are U10's strengths.

But if the signature is still unappealing, you may want to consider changing the IEM. The Noble Kaiser Encore, Dita Dream and In-Ear Prophile-8 are some options that come to mind that might have both the low and high end that you are looking for.

Yup, i hope the cma400i could come sooner so i can enjoy classical music better with these pairings.

I don't think it will be possible to change the iem right now. To be honest, the u10 is a loaner by a local headphone store until my fitear mh334 arrives (got delayed due to new customs regulations apparently). Initially they offered the mh334 demo, but the size is too big for my ears. Then they offered to choose from the 64 audio because of its size. Probably should've chosen the u6 or u8 instead, but i'm happy being offered an iem to use in the first place

Jul 29, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #8,874 of 9,124
Hello, anybody here currently using the u/a 10 ? I'm wondering what kind of music goes well with this earphone, because with my limited music library this earphone feels really lifeless

I enjoy rock (classic, prog, jamband, blues, punk, grunge) , jazz, bluegrass, and some eclectic stuff like KD Lang and Tom Waits.

I use the FiiO X1 1st generation and the FiiO X5ii mostly.

Jul 29, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #8,875 of 9,124
I have U10 about one year. Just got 380cu (of course, 2nd hand). I expected that U10+380cu = super good sound.
Yes, details are there. The stage/image is awesome.
However, sometimes I feel the sound "too-safe".
I don't have this feeling with 240SS. Will find time to listen U10+240SS again.

Jul 29, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #8,876 of 9,124
I have pulled a trigger and ordered A12. I had my impressions done at Specsavers UK. Not happy with these so far. I think these need to be re-done. Still waiting for confirmation. We'll see...
It is going to be step from HD650 and Bottlehead Crack with Speedball. HD650 and Crack will be for sale soon (and o2/odac).

Jul 29, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #8,878 of 9,124
Don't tell me it is not...after my purchase...
I just wanted to go to more minimalistic setup. So far I am very happy with HD650 and Crack.

Jul 29, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #8,879 of 9,124
Don't tell me it is not...after my purchase...
I just wanted to go to more minimalistic setup. So far I am very happy with HD650 and Crack.

This is not the sort of thing I believe in. For me, IEMs are not a substitute for full-size headphones, because they don't really deliver the same kind of sound. Especially if we're talking open-back awesomeness like the HD650.

There are those who disagree with me, but I've never heard an IEM that really beats the HD650. No matter how much money you throw at them, the physics just won't allow those small drivers to do what a big DD does. More than that, the simple fact the soundwaves coming from cans interacts with your entire ear, and sounds more natural than sound appearing out of nowhere inside your ear.

However! The U12 is very close. It's certainly tuned more or less the same. So if you are looking for a minimalist setup that gives you most of the HD650 sound, the U12 is a great start. Then you'll need a nice DAP. I recommend the Opus#1 or Cayin i5 for a beautiful mid-tier device.

Jul 29, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #8,880 of 9,124
As many top-of-the-line IEM's as I've had the pleasure to listen to and own, the U12 included, I have never heard an IEM that compared with a headphone especially the HD650. I actually prefer the HD650 over the HD600 but both are excellent. The Dream with it's soundstage and the U12 would probably be the closest, with the U12 being closer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back