1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Jun 15, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #8,776 of 9,124
I'm surprised. The U8 must be totally different then the U-A12 as with my A12 the M15 just sound so much better then the G1.

IIRC The U8 is an updated version of the old 1964's flagship V8, which has a fun, bass-heavy and engaging sound. The G1 module gives a slight bump in bass and treble, whereas the M15 exchanges bass for airiness. I haven't tried either combo, but it might still be down to preferences.

Jun 16, 2017 at 3:13 AM Post #8,777 of 9,124
I'm surprised. The U8 must be totally different then the U-A12 as with my A12 the M15 just sound so much better then the G1.[/QUOTE
IIRC The U8 is an updated version of the old 1964's flagship V8, which has a fun, bass-heavy and engaging sound. The G1 module gives a slight bump in bass and treble, whereas the M15 exchanges bass for airiness. I haven't tried either combo, but it might still be down to preferences.
the sound stage with g1 is more wide than m15. Also everything with g1 sounds better especially the mids, the m15 sounds muddy , congested and to be honest kind of weird with u8, I was really surprised when I hear the m15 with u8 as I totally disliked it. If you look in my info you will see I have had my experience with totl iems, the u8 with g1 module can easily be ranked in top 1 or 2 sound wise

Thanks god I had the g1 module, as the one I bought came with the apex m15 module only, if I did not have the g1 module I would have put the u8 for sale, as I disliked how it sounded with u8

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2017 at 4:17 AM Post #8,778 of 9,124
@Sound Eq : I own U8. and My opinion is opposite from you. Among G1, S1 and B1, I prefer S1 most, and moreover I prefer M15 sound over S1. For my ears, M15 is wider sound stage and better detailed&resolution along with less bass quantity. (My eartip is Ortofon.). Nothing against yours. Just share my imppression. :)

Jun 16, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #8,779 of 9,124
@Sound Eq : I own U8. and My opinion is opposite from you. Among G1, S1 and B1, I prefer S1 most, and moreover I prefer M15 sound over S1. For my ears, M15 is wider sound stage and better detailed&resolution along with less bass quantity. (My eartip is Ortofon.). Nothing against yours. Just share my imppression. :)
well i use ak kann and have tons of ear tips and my finding are that g1 is the best module

Jun 16, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #8,780 of 9,124
Thanks god I had the g1 module, as the one I bought came with the apex m15 module only, if I did not have the g1 module I would have put the u8 for sale, as I disliked how it sounded with u8

I understand the putting up for sale part. One time, I paired my A12 with Mojo and disliked the sound so much (without reading about the impedance mismatch earlier this thread) I wanted to sell either one immediately. Mojo went, A12 stayed haha.

Jun 16, 2017 at 5:16 AM Post #8,781 of 9,124
I understand the putting up for sale part. One time, I paired my A12 with Mojo and disliked the sound so much (without reading about the impedance mismatch earlier this thread) I wanted to sell either one immediately. Mojo went, A12 stayed haha.
well lets say it like that, with ak kann and iphone 7 plus and fiio x5iii and tons of different tips that you can think of , the difference is huge and by huge I mean huge between g1 module and apex m15.

Jun 16, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #8,782 of 9,124
For the last couple of years I've been a big fan of the ADEL technology with the MAM being my favourite. As such there wasn't any urgency to try the Apex modules. Well I'm finally getting around to giving them a try.

To date only the M15 has received significant ear time, but I am surprised to find myself unimpressed so far! I also find it interesting that there doesn't seem to be much talk about what I'm liking the most about the Apex technology.

Hopefully this weekend I'll have time to write up some impressions and comparisons.

Edit: Corrected post made on phone

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #8,783 of 9,124
For the last couple of years I've been a big fan of the ADEL technology with the MAM being my favourite. As such there wasn't any urgency to try the Apex modules. Well I'm finally getting around to giving them a try.

To date only the M15 has received significant ear time, but I am surprised to find myself unimpressed so far! I also find it interesting that there doesn't seem to be much talk about what I'm liking the most about the Apex technology.

Hopefully this weekend I'll have time to write up some impressions and comparisons.
well my u8 with adel logo and g1 sounds amazing compared to m15 , maybe the new U8 with apex logo are tuned differently than the old ones with adel logo and as such my experience with m15 is not great while with g1 the u8 is amazing

I am not new to high end iems and i 100% confirm the huge difference between g1 module and m15

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #8,784 of 9,124
At the end of the day these modules are just another set of tools to fine tune the sound of C/IEMs. If I want more bass and smoother sound in U18, I switch to M20, if I want more neutral bass and more revealing upper frequencies I switch to M15. With U12 (APEX edition), I want to reduce the bass to open up upper mids - so I switch to M15. I'm not sure how I can see one is better or worse than the other, they just do a different job. I'm not talking about health benefits since I don't have issues with my ears to judge how switching between different apex/adel modules mitigate those issues. But based on what I'm hearing, these modules offer an open space sound with different level of isolation (as intended by design) and variation in sound signature based on a number, the size, and the location of the vents as well as some other inner guts differences. Like I said, just another set of tools to fine tune the sound based on ones personal preference and pair up with different 64audio iems.

Jun 17, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #8,786 of 9,124
It really is hard to decide whether which module is best. Since it is a lot of factors affecting sound.

- DAP
- Ear Tips
- Personal Ear canal
- Cables, plug, solder used.
- Preference and playlist

Changing any one of these factors, the result/ impression is different.

Now I am using M15 with U12 which is quite balanced sound but I also think about G1 (it is very nice to enjoy J-pop) that I owned. I regret selling it too. Might wait for summer sale to grab it again.

I

Jun 17, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #8,787 of 9,124
It really is hard to decide whether which module is best. Since it is a lot of factors affecting sound.

- DAP
- Ear Tips
- Personal Ear canal
- Cables, plug, solder used.
- Preference and playlist

Changing any one of these factors, the result/ impression is different.

Now I am using M15 with U12 which is quite balanced sound but I also think about G1 (it is very nice to enjoy J-pop) that I owned. I regret selling it too. Might wait for summer sale to grab it again.

I

Very true. The DAP, The ear tips (along with how deeply or shallowly it is inserted), our own ear canal, cables to a certain extent vary the sound a lot. It is frustrating at times and at other times it adds to the variety. I can clearly understand why I people go the custom route.

Jun 17, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #8,788 of 9,124
Very true. The DAP, The ear tips (along with how deeply or shallowly it is inserted), our own ear canal, cables to a certain extent vary the sound a lot. It is frustrating at times and at other times it adds to the variety. I can clearly understand why I people go the custom route.
The effect of cable is very noticeable in high end as I see the cables as bottleneck. The high end iems are able to tell the character of each cable.

Jun 19, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #8,789 of 9,124
well my u8 with adel logo and g1 sounds amazing compared to m15 , maybe the new U8 with apex logo are tuned differently than the old ones with adel logo and as such my experience with m15 is not great while with g1 the u8 is amazing

I am not new to high end iems and i 100% confirm the huge difference between g1 module and m15

Hey @Sound Eq, the U8 with both ADEL and apex has the same tuning and specs. I think different people favor different modules due to the fact that we all have unique sound preferences because everyone's ears and ear canals are unique. With universal-fit products there are many variables involved, such as ear canal shape, size and type of ear tip, and how great of a seal you're getting. Even just one of these variables can make quite a difference in sound.

Last edited by a moderator:
64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back