1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Nov 17, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #7,246 of 9,124
Please read my query again. I tried neither model. Hence the question: has anyone noticed the benefits Apex tech promises to offer just as Adel, if you also has noticed the benefit Adel tech originally promised before Adel left 64Audio and indeed believed that it did offer such a benefit and, if so, if Apex actually does a similar job as Adel. Just so I can decide if I should choose Empire Ears Apollo with Adel or 64Audio U10 with Apex, should the prices become affordable during Black Friday.

As Booko noted in his review and in his reply, the physical responses were not the same.  They may be able to duplicate the sound but the physical benefit may not be as much depending on your ears sensitivity to the pressure.  I have the B1 and M20 and really have not had the physical issue but I don't think I have used either for more than 2 hours max in a given day.

Nov 17, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #7,247 of 9,124
As Booko noted in his review and in his reply, the physical responses were not the same.  They may be able to duplicate the sound but the physical benefit may not be as much depending on your ears sensitivity to the pressure.  I have the B1 and M20 and really have not had the physical issue but I don't think I have used either for more than 2 hours max in a given day.

I read Brooko's review. Very useful points.

If you wish to compare yourself, the way to compare Adel and Apex could be:

1. Use Adel IEM for a few weeks and go back to any non-Adel, non-Apex IEM for a few days and then come back to Adel to see if Adel actually made a difference to you. And then...

2. Use a non-Adel, non-Apex IEM for a few days just to get rid of Adel aftertaste out of your mind and then use Apex IEM for a few days and then move to a non-Adel, non-Apex for a while only to come back to see if Apex IEM actually makes a difference and then...

3. See if 1 is better than 2 or the other way around.

This isn't a process that can be done by A/B ing a few songs overnight. One gotta live with one's spouse to see who one actually married. :wink:

Nov 18, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #7,252 of 9,124
there is a new thread for the Tia on head FI ? Quite surprised that no one talks about it more here

Nov 18, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #7,254 of 9,124
I've both APEX and ADEL and have used both. No ear fatigue when using ADEL. APEX or IEMS with no APEX/ADEL, my ears get tired after an hour or so of listening. Not so with ADEL. Plus nor more ringing in my ears. 

Same for me.

Nov 18, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #7,255 of 9,124
Wish they could give a Picture Gallery link on www.64audio.com for all UIEMs and done CIEMs. No pictures at all. In particular, U18 Czar and Tia Fourte Universal should offer a gallery so one could guess how big a housing they come in and what the shape might be like.

Nov 18, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #7,256 of 9,124
Thank you. This helps. Wish more users could share their experiences.

I have apex m20 sitting around for a while, as I enjoyed B1. Will give it some play time for a few days.

Anyway, benefit of ADEL compared to traditional IEM is felt right away. Sure, long listening might have a benefit of not hurting the ear, but from the get go, ADEL give the IEM a comfortable fit right away without air pressure building up in the sealed ear canal. This is one thing that after you tried it, you just can't get back to other IEM, for comfort alone.

Cheers! :)

Nov 18, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #7,257 of 9,124
The U18 is only as big as the U12. I am not able to recall the shape and size of the Tia Fourte. But there was a picture of it shared by 64Audio earlier in the thread.

Nov 18, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #7,260 of 9,124
  I ordered B1 modules from Asius. My order is confirmed, but it has been days and it has not yet shipped. Anyone have the same experience?

That's because we're super busy. We try to get everything out the same day that we get the order, but this week we are crazy busy with the Empire ADEL launch and the Drum campaign. We apologize for the delay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back