1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Nov 4, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #7,216 of 9,124
Nov 4, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #7,217 of 9,124
I've just received my A10 back after a refit and it sounds better than I remember. I'm listening with MAM fully open, to give the bass a little lift while still sounding ludicrously wide. I'm so glad I swapped out my A12.

I noticed today that all my current earphones are of the smooth, slightly warm variety: A10, Noble K10, Westone 3. I think I've been subconsciously selling more detailed, forward-sounding earphones (A6, JK13 Pro, Shure SE535 have all gone). It's interesting how tastes change over time. My problem with uber-detailed 'phones is that I listen intently to the detail, rather than just 'getting with' the music itself.

Nov 4, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #7,218 of 9,124
  I've just received my A10 back after a refit and it sounds better than I remember. I'm listening with MAM fully open, to give the bass a little lift while still sounding ludicrously wide. I'm so glad I swapped out my A12.

I noticed today that all my current earphones are of the smooth, slightly warm variety: A10, Noble K10, Westone 3. I think I've been subconsciously selling more detailed, forward-sounding earphones (A6, JK13 Pro, Shure SE535 have all gone). It's interesting how tastes change over time. My problem with uber-detailed 'phones is that I listen intently to the detail, rather than just 'getting with' the music itself.

What is your source?  That can also play an important role in pair up.  For example, I prefer many of my warmer/smoother iems with PAW Gold due to its more revealing nature, while all the brighter iems get pared up with Opus#2 which is smoother and more forgiving.

Nov 4, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #7,219 of 9,124

My tastes are following the same trajectory, though I found the K10 too bright/grainy/shouty, whatever I should call it:)

Nov 4, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #7,220 of 9,124

What is your source?  That can also play an important role in pair up.  For example, I prefer many of my warmer/smoother iems with PAW Gold due to its more revealing nature, while all the brighter iems get pared up with Opus#2 which is smoother and more forgiving.

I either use my iPhone or Chord Hugo. I find them both more or less neutral.

My tastes are following the same trajectory, though I found the K10 too bright/grainy/shouty, whatever I should call it:)

I find the K10 literally painfully harsh with some sources (AK120 II, iBasso DX90 and Oppo HA-2), but beautifully smooth and detailed with the Hugo.

Nov 4, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #7,221 of 9,124
Which version of the K10? I imagine the aluminum will sound brighter than acrylic.

Nov 4, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #7,223 of 9,124
That makes sense.

I only started hearing about the "harshness" of the K10 once they released the aluminum shells.

Nov 4, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #7,224 of 9,124
I am feeling that way about my u4. The entry level gear doesn't get much love around here, but I doubt the u12 is a big upgrade. The u4 sounds almost as good as all the totl stuff I have heard this far (K10, Andro)

I have both u12 and u4se. U12 brings a little more details across the spectrum and richness to sound. But is it worth double the price? For some it could be, to me no. I love my u4se. I sold my u12.

Nov 4, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #7,225 of 9,124
I did get a ue buffer jack but with my A6 after a quick test I don't hear any change. Is it normal (on a ak 240)

Nov 4, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #7,227 of 9,124

That's interesting... I find A10 more detailed than A6!

Nov 5, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #7,229 of 9,124
Hope this is relevant as 1964 Ears are ADEL module compatible (unless I am terribly misinformed), but has anyone tried the B1 module on any of the APEX U series?

I want to how how it fare on several types of genres like male vocal, female vocal, folklore indie, metal and live performance.

Thanks.

Nov 5, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #7,230 of 9,124
  Hope this is relevant as 1964 Ears are ADEL module compatible (unless I am terribly misinformed), but has anyone tried the B1 module on any of the APEX U series?

I want to how how it fare on several types of genres like male vocal, female vocal, folklore indie, metal and live performance.

Thanks.

Asius licensed the ADEL technology to 64. A year later, 64 created their own in house module called APEX and we parted ways.

Their older shells still fit our module size, but their new ones lock the customers into APEX modules via the socket size on the IEM, so ADEL modules won't fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back