1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Nov 5, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #7,231 of 9,124
  Asius licensed the ADEL technology to 64. They created APEX and we parted ways.

Their older shells still fit our module size, but their new ones lock the customers into APEX modules via the socket size on the IEM, so ADEL modules won't fit.

I see....okay then.

I suppose I will keep the question to Empire Thread.

Nov 6, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #7,232 of 9,124
  Don't waste your money on cable unless you want to have a DAP or DAC/AMP that have a balanced connection, then you can buy a cable to use with that source. You can spend less on a module that will really chance the sound not a stupid cable.

I've found my uber cable and dhc sp8 affects the sound of my U12 a lot more than the Mam module. But I do agree with you, if you want an upgrade, modules are the most reasonable. Cheap cables often improve sound not much and if you want a significantly sound upgrade, you need to a spend a lot on fancy cables. (mein uber and dhc sp8 are secondhand, therefore it's still affordable to me)  

Nov 7, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #7,234 of 9,124
All my cables are the old models.
The Tralucent Uber cable used to cost around 1300$, I bought used for 500$. The new version of this cable costs a little bit more. 
http://www.head-fi.org/products/tralucent-audio-uber-cable/reviews/8933

My DHC symbiote 8 is a pure silver cable. There is no link on the DHC website now,because it's an old model. It costs around  700-800$. I got it used and it costed me around 600$.

There are many good cable making companies, such as Brimar audio lab, Labkable, Effect audio, Rhapsodio, Beat audio , Toxic audio or the old brand like Whiplash. You can search for cable information to find the matching cable. The  cable prices are different, some cable such as Beat Audio Billow cost a fortune or Brimar Supreme Reference Monarch(The Grand Master Series) . (The Billow costs 1899$, The Brimar  costs 2600$)

If you are interested in the cables, you can start here.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/804952/high-end-iem-cable-thread-impressions-pics-comparisons-and-reviews

I bought these cables because I have more than one pair of iems, so it's worth investing in these, besides I only buy cables with two-pin socket and my criteria of spending on a new pair of iems is  only just "No MMCX" socket iems, because i want to use all my cables with all my iems  and save some money. 

If I were you I will look for the Beat audio prima donna 4 braid or a used gold/silver cable by Tralucent audio (These cables sound great and the prices of both model are not as crazy as some fancy cables mentioned above, used gold/silver costs no more than 300$)

Nov 7, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #7,235 of 9,124

Tried B1 on my U12, this pair really well with CV5. Really happy with this setup. :)

Nov 16, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #7,237 of 9,124
I did get a ue buffer jack but with my A6 after a quick test I don't hear any change. Is it normal (on a ak 240)

Give it time. Your brain needs to adjust.  I noticed an overall tightening of the sound, reduction of mid bass bloat and increase in upper mids and highs. 

Nov 17, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #7,241 of 9,124
  Apex module has been proven as good as Adel when it comes to protecting eardrum from the pressure, if you indeed believe in the technology offered?

Not in my opinion.  tested both in real world terms.  Apex does not give the same relief to my tinnitus.  See my U10 review for details.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/64-audio-u10/reviews/17168

THE DIFFERENCE
I'm trying to lose some weight (Brooko has got pudgy again). So recently I've been doing more walking, and this usually means 1-2 hour walks daily (depending on available time). The nice thing about both Apex and Adel is that the venting allows the earphones to be a lot more open – so you don't get a lot of bone conduction (ie that pounding sound when you are walking/jogging). Again – when you fully seal your ears, your head acts as an amplifier – so you hear a lot more internally. Both the U10 with Apex and U6 with Adel are a lot easier on your ears when exercising. But using the U10 for the last few weeks, I started to notice when I was walking, that after an hour my tinnitus would start to flare up (the ringing gets louder). I also noticed that I had more of a tendency to turn the U10 up with Apex – which I know is a sign that the acoustic reflex is being triggered. The last sign was after the exercise when sometimes it would sound as though an ear was partially blocked (basically it feels like occlusion). I know this to be a sign of my ear fatiguing. After a while it goes away.

So I used the U6 for the next couple of days and the effects mentioned disappeared. Went back to the U10 with Apex, and the symptoms returned again. Finally I went with U10 and B1 module, and symptoms gone.

I really like the design of the Apex module, I really like the tuning – but as a tinnitus sufferer, and with the main reason for buying my U6 being the acoustic and health benefits, I'm afraid I'm going to just have to say that after my experience I'll be sticking with the Adel modules. I'll be interested to see if anyone experiences the same things I have.

Nov 17, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #7,242 of 9,124
Apex module has been proven as good as Adel when it comes to protecting eardrum from the pressure, if you indeed believe in the technology offered?

Proven by what formal studies?

Proven to one's own ears while doing one's own comparisons, assuming one were, to begin with, a believer of Adel tech from the start.

Nov 17, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #7,244 of 9,124
Not in my opinion.  tested both in real world terms.  Apex does not give the same relief to my tinnitus.  See my U10 review for details.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/64-audio-u10/reviews/17168

Of late, Brooko's reviews are proving to be the go-to pages for quite a few doubts that nag our minds. Unlike most good reviewers on HeadFi that comprehensively analyse their audio gears' build and design and sound within themselves as such, Brooko extends the purview of his reviews to those aspects of how well or not such a product integrates itself into one's daily life. A very commendable job that isn't possible to one unless one lives with empathy for others and also for oneself in general life. While there is method-to-madness in the articles of many good reviewers here, Brooko's is all empathy-to-madness. Keep writing. Keep walking.

Nov 17, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #7,245 of 9,124
I frankly do not understand what Subhakar is saying. Subhakar, are you saying that APEX is as good as ADEL? Have you tried both?

Please read my query again. I tried neither model. Hence the question: has anyone noticed the benefits Apex tech promises to offer just as Adel, if you also has noticed the benefit Adel tech originally promised before Adel left 64Audio and indeed believed that it did offer such a benefit and, if so, if Apex actually does a similar job as Adel. Just so I can decide if I should choose Empire Ears Apollo with Adel or 64Audio U10 with Apex, should the prices become affordable during Black Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back