1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Oct 23, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #7,141 of 9,124
Experiencing an issue with the MAMs on myU8. There seems to be some sort of vibration coming for the left one.

I've not used my earphones for about 6 weeks or so, but they have been kept securely in the supplied case.

After opening the ports even slightly, you can hear a vibration coming from the left ear. This is more apparent when listening to bass heavy music. Almost as if something loose is flapping around inside the MAM. This issue cannot be reproduced with the right MAM.

Also when walking, you can also hear a vibration in the left MAM.

When the ports are fully closed (max bass) this issue also cannot be reproduced.

I don't know that much about the ADEL technology in detail, it it would seem to me as if the membrane in the left MAM is faulty.

I'm going to contact Asius about it, but has anyone else experienced shame issue?

That flopping that youre hearing is simply that, the membrane is in its floppy setting. No tension on the membrane via the basket in that setting. The reason youre getting it in one side more than the other is due to your inner canals being different from another. No biggie.

Oct 24, 2016 at 2:15 AM Post #7,143 of 9,124
That flopping that youre hearing is simply that, the membrane is in its floppy setting. No tension on the membrane via the basket in that setting. The reason youre getting it in one side more than the other is due to your inner canals being different from another. No biggie.

Bit confused here how this is the expected behaviour when the sound of the membrane moving around is distracting me away from what i'm listening to. I can appreciate that the membrane needs to move, but i surely shouldnt be able to hear this too right? This is preventing me from opening the ports especially in left ear and stopping me from getting full use of the MAMs.

Admittedly this vibration only seems to be more noticeable when playing bass heavy music. I dont really want to always have to fully close the ports when listening to this kind of music

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 24, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #7,145 of 9,124
Bit confused here how this is the expected behaviour when the sound of the membrane moving around is distracting me away from what i'm listening to. I can appreciate that the membrane needs to move, but i surely shouldnt be able to hear this too right? This is preventing me from opening the ports especially in left ear and stopping me from getting full use of the MAMs.

Admittedly this vibration only seems to be more noticeable when playing bass heavy music. I dont really want to always have to fully close the ports when listening to this kind of music

If you want more one on one support, PM me. I can give you a call or Skype with you anytime your free and we can get this sorted out for you ASAP.

Oct 24, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #7,146 of 9,124
Can anyone help me to locate post in this thread explaining the difference between Adel and Apex? I understand that 1964 now has Apex instead of Adel and would like to find out if there is any difference if possible. Thank you.

Oct 24, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #7,147 of 9,124
  Can anyone help me to locate post in this thread explaining the difference between Adel and Apex? I understand that 1964 now has Apex instead of Adel and would like to find out if there is any difference if possible. Thank you.

One page back - http://www.head-fi.org/t/739712/1964-ears-adel-iems/7125#post_12948300

Oct 24, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #7,148 of 9,124
Oct 25, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #7,150 of 9,124
U10 review posted - http://www.head-fi.org/products/64-audio-u10/reviews/17168

Really nice IEM - but I've answered my question.  For me the U6 is better aligned to my personal tastes.

Oct 26, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #7,152 of 9,124
I have the OPPO HA 2 with the A12's. So far the best portable set I tried. I did use the Hugo (when I did not have the MAM's) and for me the OPPO was the better one. 

Would like to try the new Geek Out dac, but it is still not available and I read terrible things about the service of LHlabs. 

Oct 26, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #7,153 of 9,124

I experience exactly the same issue using the MAM's in my A12's. Ihva two sets of MAM's, problem occurs with both. The sound of the left mam when opening it up, it really sounds weird, specially with bass heavy sounds, the bass does not stay tight, gets blurry and vibrates. only with the left MAM, right one sounds good when opening up. Maybe this is a fault in the design? 

Oct 26, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #7,154 of 9,124

I experience exactly the same issue using the MAM's in my A12's. Ihva two sets of MAM's, problem occurs with both. The sound of the left mam when opening it up, it really sounds weird, specially with bass heavy sounds, the bass does not stay tight, gets blurry and vibrates. only with the left MAM, right one sounds good when opening up. Maybe this is a fault in the design? 

Ok, I think one thing that is being left out of this discussion is that the way the membrane interacts with your body. This is not some something that you plug in and works the same way with everybody's ears across the board. The way ADEL works, goes much deeper than that. This is why you're able to match the second ear drum to your bodies eardrums impedance. Each inner ear is different. This is why you do not tune the MAMs as a pair, you tune them to each ear. If you take them out and put them in your friends IEMs, they will not hear the same effects that you are (not exactly anyways, maybe close). 

This is why when you have the membrane untensioned, it is floppy, for some people's ears its more floppy than others. If you want the ambient ports open but want bass? Dial the thumbscrews all the way in, this is ambient ports open with tension on the membrane which is only a tiny tiny bit less bass than the module being fully closed (like -1db, most people can't tell the difference). With no tension on the membrane, this is actually the least bassy position because that membrane is absorbing that pressure as much as it can, rather than bouncing it back like a trampoline like it does when it's tensioned. 

So it's not so much a design flaw, rather just setting them incorrectly for the desired results. 

Oct 26, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #7,155 of 9,124
Also, a number of people have been going back and fourth on if our ADEL modules will fit the new APEX era IEMs. So far, there is still mixed results. I got pictures yesterday from a guy in Japan with A12s, where the sockets were more shallow, only allowing the first O-Ring on the ADEL modules to seal (and sorta stick out a bit more, profile wise).

But then more customers with newly purchased U-Series where they fit right in.

Just providing the data from the customers that they're giving me in terms of feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back