1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Jul 14, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #5,671 of 9,124
Got my U8's about an hour ago.  Been listening since.  One word --  GIDDYUP!!  They're fantastic!  Deep bass, clear non muddied mids, and crisp highs.  And an out of your head experience.  They don't sound like all the DD IEM's I've had, where the sound is in the middle of your head.  These feel like I'm listening to my stereo.  I love it.  Keep up the great work 64Audio!

Jul 14, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #5,672 of 9,124
After about 9 months of these babies, I finally came to a conclusion - U12s are better than A12s.

U12s are more comfortable to wear, feel lighter, yet still sound just as good as the A12's. I'm highly suspecting that the amount of A12s surface that gets into contact with the skin is the primary reason. U12 barely touches the skin (I'm using SpinFits) and "disappear" much faster than A12s. Even though A12s definitely fit my ear more naturally than U12s, the constantly felt presence of the custom acrylic shell just doesn't go away...

Jul 14, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #5,673 of 9,124
  Got my U8's about an hour ago.  Been listening since.  One word --  GIDDYUP!!  They're fantastic!  Deep bass, clear non muddied mids, and crisp highs.  And an out of your head experience.  They don't sound like all the DD IEM's I've had, where the sound is in the middle of your head.  These feel like I'm listening to my stereo.  I love it.  Keep up the great work 64Audio!

Knew you would like them.  The holographic stage is awesome especially the 3d depth of it and they take eq real well too.  When I don't want to go basshead and use eq, there is just enough bass in stock form for me to enjoy.

Jul 14, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #5,674 of 9,124
After about 9 months of these babies, I finally came to a conclusion - U12s are better than A12s.

U12s are more comfortable to wear, feel lighter, yet still sound just as good as the A12's. I'm highly suspecting that the amount of A12s surface that gets into contact with the skin is the primary reason. U12 barely touches the skin (I'm using SpinFits) and "disappear" much faster than A12s. Even though A12s definitely fit my ear more naturally than U12s, the constantly felt presence of the custom acrylic shell just doesn't go away...

I guess everyone feels differently. I hated using universal since I could never find a perfect fit that customs is my way to go. I really dig my A6s - my constant companion in my daily commuting between work and home.

Jul 14, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #5,675 of 9,124

Finally after 2 months of waiting given my location I have my A6 and waited for my Norne Therium to be done.
This is my first custom so I was relieved that I didn't have fitment issues.

Jul 15, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #5,676 of 9,124

Finally after 2 months of waiting given my location I have my A6 and waited for my Norne Therium to be done.
This is my first custom so I was relieved that I didn't have fitment issues.

I have my Therium 8 cores silver Litz with my U12. Sounds awesome.

Jul 15, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #5,677 of 9,124

Welcome to the club. I'm in love with mine too. Best IEMs I've owned.
ksc75smile.gif

Jul 15, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #5,678 of 9,124

You must be listening to Westerns. :)

Jul 15, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #5,680 of 9,124
I guess everyone feels differently. I hated using universal since I could never find a perfect fit that customs is my way to go. I really dig my A6s - my constant companion in my daily commuting between work and home.

Quite possible.

I've went through like 4 different eartips until I settled on ones I liked. After getting proper tips the whole U12 experience was changed, now I pretty much have them on at work, whole day every day and I couldn't be happier. Poor A12's are now my "backup" pair XD

Jul 15, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #5,681 of 9,124
  Quite possible.

I've went through like 4 different eartips until I settled on ones I liked. After getting proper tips the whole U12 experience was changed, now I pretty much have them on at work, whole day every day and I couldn't be happier. Poor A12's are now my "backup" pair XD

Which tips did you found to be more comfortable?

Jul 15, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #5,682 of 9,124
My UM Merlin left shell has this crack that is extending and needed a reshell, and i'm seriously considering getting an ADEL to save my ears and handing the Merlins to my brother to be reshelled for him.

Anyway was just wondering if this artwork would be too challenging for 64 Audio:

Noted that there is this FRO15 discount that would be valid via the online store, but wondering if the local dealers would have any similar discounts applicable... 

Jul 19, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #5,684 of 9,124
My MAMs arrived one day early and I've swapped out my S1 for MAM on U12 and have set it to one short of fully open. Wow!!! the airiness and the removal of congestion, the mids opening up and still retaining the bass is just super awesome. U12 needs MAM or definitely something other than S1 (not that S1 is bad). Great job ASIUS!!!

Jul 19, 2016 at 6:53 AM Post #5,685 of 9,124
My MAMs arrived one day early and I've swapped out my S1 for MAM on U12 and have set it to one short of fully open. Wow!!! the airiness and the removal of congestion, the mids opening up and still retaining the bass is just super awesome. U12 needs MAM or definitely something other than S1 (not that S1 is bad). Great job ASIUS!!!

Mine were shipped. I wonder the difference than with my B1's on my A12.

I was curious if it is easy to match each ear using the dial? Also when you take the IEM out of your ear, is it easy to accidentaly turn the dial and then have to reset it again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back