1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Jul 11, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #5,641 of 9,124

Sound leakage isn't going to be noticeable by anyone, using any module.

Thanks @Ike1985.  That was a HUGE problem with the Westone W50's, they leaked so bad, my wife 30ft away, in another room, while there was a fan going in the room I was in, she could hear them.  I want something I can use on the couch, while my wife is watching a fashion show, and my daughter is playing Minecraft on her tablet, and I can rock out with some volume.  It's nice to know I won't bother them.

Jul 11, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #5,642 of 9,124

Sound leakage isn't going to be noticeable by anyone, using any module.

Thanks @Ike1985.  That was a HUGE problem with the Westone W50's, they leaked so bad, my wife 30ft away, in another room, while there was a fan going in the room I was in, she could hear them.  I want something I can use on the couch, while my wife is watching a fashion show, and my daughter is playing Minecraft on her tablet, and I can rock out with some volume.  It's nice to know I won't bother them.

I still not sure why you never returned back your defective W50?  I tested and reviewed UMPro30/UMPro50/AMPro30/W40/W50/W60 (all similar design/shell) - those have among the best in/out isolation (assuming correct eartip size selection).  Your W50 leakage is/was definitely due to a grossly cracked shell
wink.gif

Back on topic, definitely agree with Ike, sound leakage shouldn't be a problem!
biggrin.gif

Jul 11, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #5,643 of 9,124

I still not sure why you never returned back your defective W50?  I tested and reviewed UMPro30/UMPro50/AMPro30/W40/W50/W60 (all similar design/shell) - those have among the best in/out isolation (assuming correct eartip size selection).  Your W50 leakage is/was definitely due to a grossly cracked shell
wink.gif

Back on topic, definitely agree with Ike, sound leakage shouldn't be a problem!
biggrin.gif

I DID return the W50, and the store gave me a hard time, saying they don't leak as bad as the store demo pair.  Took 5% restocking fee, and they don't want me buying anything else from them.  I'm fine with that.  Poor business model.  I won't out the store, as they did take back the defective W50s, and in the end, I bought something better anyways.  I'm just staring at my phone, waiting for the shipping email.
beerchug.gif

Jul 11, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #5,644 of 9,124
  How important is the dehumidifier? Is it necessary?

Ken,

I personally always use mine.  I live in a very humid environment where the humidity is so thick during the spring/summer, it often completely coats the windows.  While I am usually always wearing my A12's when doing yard work or at work or just lounging outside, they are being exposed to very high humidity during these times, given my location.  I consider the dehumidifier as a counter against that, I always make sure my beads are fresh and ready to go.  In fact, I just happened to have a container of beads laying around(1lb container).  My 64 audio plastic dehumidifier did well for nearly a year but after many microwaving sessions, the beads needed to be replaced.  If I didn't have extra beads laying around to refill it, I would have just bought one since the cost is very low from 64. It can't hurt you to use one, once you get rust damage it's not reversible without a significant expenditure.  To each their own.  A little extra tip to anyone with a humidifier with a plastic removable top, it works better for me when recharging the beads to carefully remove the top(so they don't burst out everywhere), and microwave the beads in a papertowel for a minute.  If you continuously microwave them in the plastic container, you will eventually melt the plastic container and ruin it.  When they're done and recharged(you will know because the dark orange color will lighten up), just put them back in the container after they've had time to cool down and vent all that moisture and snap the lid back on.  DO NOT microwave them in the plastic container for a minute, you will most definitely melt it.  If microwaving within the container you need to do 20s or so intervals, allowing the container time to cool down because it can melt very easily.  Hence why I remove my beads to microwave.

Jul 11, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #5,645 of 9,124
@skablin I have to make a correction here: The information about Kickstarter pricing for MAMs will be released on Kickstarter so please wait for a notification there. Thanks! 

@ZMan2k2 I'm excited to hear your thoughts on the U8. The U8 ships with the S1 Auto Module which provides more isolation and bass compared to the B1 Auto Module. 

@ken6217 The need for a dehumidifier varies person to person depending on environment and personal sweatiness. One way to tell if it's necessary is a lowered volume or an imbalance indicating the filters in the sound tubes had soaked up moisture and were attenuating more than they should. If you find yourself needing it a lot, than the larger dehumidifier jar offer longer periods before recharging https://www.64audio.com/product/Large-Dehumidifier-Jar. 

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Jul 11, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #5,646 of 9,124
  @skablin I have to make a correction here: The information about Kickstarter pricing for MAMs will be released on Kickstarter so please wait for a notification there. Thanks! 

@ZMan2k2 I'm excited to hear your thoughts on the U8. The U8 ships with the S1 Auto Module which provides more isolation and bass compared to the B1 Auto Module. 

@ken6217 The need for a dehumidifier varies person to person depending on environment and personal sweatiness. One way to tell if it's necessary is a lowered volume or an imbalance indicating the filters in the sound tubes had soaked up moisture and were attenuating more than they should. If you find yourself needing it a lot, than the larger dehumidifier jar offer longer periods before recharging https://www.64audio.com/product/Large-Dehumidifier-Jar. 

DOH!!  Oh well, I bought a pair of S1 modules, because I thought the U8's came with the B1 module.  So, I have spares.  Haha!  I'm eagerly awaiting an email from you all, telling me my U8's are on the way.  The modules and the mic cable came in a day, so I'm biting my nails here!

Jul 11, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #5,652 of 9,124
  DOH!!  Oh well, I bought a pair of S1 modules, because I thought the U8's came with the B1 module.  So, I have spares.  Haha!  I'm eagerly awaiting an email from you all, telling me my U8's are on the way.  The modules and the mic cable came in a day, so I'm biting my nails here!

Now you have to order the MAM from Asius website and put both s1 modules in the drawer....

I've had bad experiences with Shure and Westone... won't consider their iem/headphone products anymore...

Jul 11, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #5,653 of 9,124
  Now you have to order the MAM from Asius website and put both s1 modules in the drawer....

I've had bad experiences with Shure and Westone... won't consider their iem/headphone products anymore...

The S1 sounds like a MAM fully closed, which is where a basshead will set it at. That's why I'm keeping my S1, as I'd rather not spend $200 for the same results, in addition to worrying about more moving parts.

Jul 12, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #5,655 of 9,124
  The S1 sounds like a MAM fully closed, which is where a basshead will set it at. That's why I'm keeping my S1, as I'd rather not spend $200 for the same results, in addition to worrying about more moving parts.

MAM fully closed is fully sealed, so it's like there's no ADEL module there. S1 is much closer to MAM being closer to 60% open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back