1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Jun 27, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #5,521 of 9,124
64audio office is literally 5 min away from Portland, OR. Who knows, maybe they still have a warehouse somewhere in the old location. I don't believe Amazon showing OR is suspicious at all.

I would call to verify just in case someone actually is considering purchasing from there. Ordering from 64audio directly is the best.

Jun 27, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #5,522 of 9,124
Can I use ADEL at gun range to reduce the noise and protect my ear drum? I know 64 audio has ear plug  ADEL technology with either S1 or B1 modules, but S1 only has -18db NRR, so I guess could wear ADEL S1 ear plug and ear muff together, but I am wondering if anyone has tried ?

Wouldn't suggest it. I wear normal earplugs with -25db and then a pair of over the ears over those when I shoot. Value my hearing way too much to play aemround with inadequate protection ahen shooting

Jun 27, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #5,523 of 9,124
I would suggest calling 64 Audio and talk with Isabel or Alex about your burrs and the chip. I would think they would not hesitate to have you return your A12s to correct the problem. However, that would mean being without them for a week or so.

Thank you but I would rather live with the chip than be without my A12's for 2 weeks or so- it doesn't affect sound and I don't see it anyway. The rims are much more of an issue for me because they make cleaning so difficult for someone who wants mg CIEMs thoroughly cleaned and maintained.

A12's are superb(with the right module), when I've had a few good beers and am using my Mojo w/them, they dissapear and I merge with the fuzzy distorted heavy riffs that I love so much(doom metal). It's great and it's what I always do when I have nothing to do and the house is empty. :wink: Forget the weeds, let winter take care of them, I've got jamming to do.

Jun 27, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #5,524 of 9,124
  The MAM and all future modules will be available through the Asius website, rather than 64. We're aiming to have the MAMs up for a mid July release. We're still in Nashville doing research at Vanderbilt with the bubbles in the anechoic chamber, we'll be back at the lab around the first of July. We're super busy working with a number of companies wanting ADEL in their products. I think we can hit the mid-month goal however.

Very cool picture. This news is disappointing and I hope I am misunderstanding the options that are available. Are you saying we have to purchase our IEM's with the B1 or S1 module and then pay additionally for the MAM module instead of getting it at the time of purchase? We would save $100 by not having to purchase the B1 or S1 module which by all accounts can be substituted for the MAM with the same and more versatile sound signatures?

I recently purchased the A12's with the B1 since the MAM wasn't available, but I was planning on buying earplugs from 64Audio with the MAMs and then swapping the modules. Now it looks like everything is going to cost a lot more with an extra set of modules that won't get any use.

I really hope I am wrong about this. I hope you can shed some light on this for us.

Thanks,

Scott

Jun 27, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #5,525 of 9,124
  Here is something you don't see every day.  64 Audio has the U10 on Amazon for $1100 compared to their website which shows a price of $1399.

That is a pretty good savings.  The Amazon item though didn't become available until June 13, 2016.

This looks highly suspect to me. 64Audio is a very professional company. The pictures on Amazon are not up to their standards. Also, the company is listed as "ProAudio64" in the seller profile. I just bought A12's so I'm not interested in these, but I would caution someone who is to call 64Audio directly to check first.

Jun 27, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #5,526 of 9,124

This looks highly suspect to me. 64Audio is a very professional company. The pictures on Amazon are not up to their standards. Also, the company is listed as "ProAudio64" in the seller profile. I just bought A12's so I'm not interested in these, but I would caution someone who is to call 64Audio directly to check first.

If it really isn't 64 Audio, I wouldn't take the risk.  I guess I thought it was.  As the saying goes, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Jun 27, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #5,529 of 9,124
There was a member here who bought a U12 from another member. He contacted 64-Audio to check if his IEM still had warranty. And they confirmed that his U12 would be covered under warranty, as it was still within the 12 month warranty period. So if someone wants to take advantage of the price:

1. Email 64-Audio to verify if the item on sale on Amazon is sold by 64-Audio or someone else
2. If they confirm that it is not 64Audio themselves, you can message this seller to try and get the serial number on this IEM
3. Contact 64-Audio again to see if the item is still under warranty
4. If its still under warranty, $1100 is not a bad price for U10
5. Worse comes to worst, you can always return the IEM back to amazon

Or

You could skip all that adventure and wait for July 4 discount and, get the same IEM directly from 64-Audio for $1200.

Jun 27, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #5,530 of 9,124
You're only 100% protected on items that are "Fulfilled by Amazon", which isn't the case for this listing.

From Amazon:

"If a dispute arises between you and a third-party seller, and you can't reach an agreement with them, the Amazon.com A-to-z Guarantee is available to you. For more information, go to A-to-z Guarantee Protection."

I think you are covered either way. I've never tested it, never once had a problem so I can't say for certain.

Jun 29, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #5,531 of 9,124
Just looking for opinions and thought on a possible choice I have to make.

Would you pick up a used U6 or a brand-new customized A3?

I really like the idea of having a completely custom IEM, but the U6 would probably sound better due having twice as many drivers.

Edit:
I plan on using them for everyday listening and also as IEMs when I play guitar with my band.

Jun 29, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #5,532 of 9,124

I really like the idea of having a completely custom IEM, but the U6 would probably sound better due having twice as many drivers.

The one thing that has kept me from the U series is the quad bore tip and it is size compared to a custom.  You could always try the used and see how it fits and probably wouldn't loose too much if you decided to go custom.  If you go custom, there is no turning back to resale.

Jun 29, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #5,533 of 9,124

More drivers doesnt always mean better. Id always go customs over universals. I really dislike tips and how much they can alter the sound.

Jun 29, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #5,534 of 9,124
I use to get CIEM's , but as the Universal options have become more available I have tended to purchase more Universals as I am able to try a much broader selection of IEM's from simple to +10 Drivers.
Hope this continues

Jun 29, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #5,535 of 9,124
More drivers doesnt always mean better. Id always go customs over universals. I really dislike tips and how much they can alter the sound.

I agree with the more drivers part and I have a different take on the universals with tips. It provides an option (for those that like it) to alter their sound signature to their liking with various tips. That's a good bonus. And it could also be a drawback if it becomes a problem to get good sound.

The U12 sounds differently with different tips and deepening on one's interest can change it and revert back to the default sound signature. It depends on the individual though.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back