1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Jun 21, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #5,491 of 9,124
I wouldn't overthink it on the audiologist. I had mine done by someone not on the list. We just pulled up the instructions from their website to follow and they went by the instructions. I sent pictures before mailing them in and 64audio said they look good. A tech did the impressions, not my doctor. I'll know for sure if they are good soon, my A12's are in the final stages of production.

One recommendation - don't get your haircut the same day you do your impressions. The hair won't hurt anything but it will make your impressions and subsequent pictures not look too hot. Definitely not going to post pictures of them online :)

Went ahead and scheduled an appointment and dropped off the 64 Audio 2-page guide.

Jun 22, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #5,493 of 9,124
This has possibly been discussed already but....

Anyone who has both the B1 and MAM, could you please give a brief comparison of both? 
Do you find yourself strongly favoring one over the other? Are you happy to keep both or would you be ok getting rid of one?

Jun 22, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #5,494 of 9,124

Anyone who has both the B1 and MAM, could you please give a brief comparison of both? 
Do you find yourself strongly favoring one over the other? Are you happy to keep both or would you be ok getting rid of one?

The MAM can achieve everything the S1/B1 brings to the table and more. The S1/B1 is just set at a certain open/closed % of the MAM. At least that's what I've heard. Don't have a MAM yet but will pick one up ASAP when available.

Jun 22, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #5,495 of 9,124
Well yeah that makes sense....
I guess I just wanted to know if owners of both would keep one over the other or worth keeping both? Obviously the MAM is more versatile but the B1 could just be the real sweet spot and force the MAM to stay in the drawer and 'collect dust'.

I have the MAM, not heard the B1.

Jun 22, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #5,496 of 9,124
  Well yeah that makes sense....
I guess I just wanted to know if owners of both would keep one over the other or worth keeping both? Obviously the MAM is more versatile but the B1 could just be the real sweet spot and force the MAM to stay in the drawer and 'collect dust'.

I have the MAM, not heard the B1.

I have all three of the current modules. You can achieve what the B1 does with the MAM. And from what I can tell, I feel that one can get a little get more bass quantity by closing the MAM than what comes standard with the S1. Currently, I mainly have the B1 on my IEMs. It has a very nice sweet spot for the U8s and I also like the aesthetics, because it matches the IEM shell colors. It really comes down to personal choice. 

Jun 22, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #5,497 of 9,124
  Any word on those manual modules??!

The MAM and all future modules will be available through the Asius website, rather than 64. We're aiming to have the MAMs up for a mid July release. We're still in Nashville doing research at Vanderbilt with the bubbles in the anechoic chamber, we'll be back at the lab around the first of July. We're super busy working with a number of companies wanting ADEL in their products. I think we can hit the mid-month goal however.

Jun 22, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #5,499 of 9,124

@Canyon Runner, when can you give us more info on the bubbles like how it works, its benefits and when it is likely to be released?

I've explained it at length in this thread if you do a quick search. After you kinda go over that stuff, I'll be more than happy to answer your questions that you still have. I'm sure they'll be more specific and in depth, those are easier to answer. I don't want to give you a copy and paste type response to your genuine question.

Jun 23, 2016 at 6:24 AM Post #5,500 of 9,124

I have all three modules with my A12's. For me the MAM was really a WOW moment. I only use the MAM's now and do not use the B1 and S1 module. The B1 module on the A12's was really missing a lot of details in the music. With the MAM's you have control over the exact bass response and the mid's are really crazy! 

Jun 23, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #5,501 of 9,124
The MAM and all future modules will be available through the Asius website, rather than 64. We're aiming to have the MAMs up for a mid July release. We're still in Nashville doing research at Vanderbilt with the bubbles in the anechoic chamber, we'll be back at the lab around the first of July. We're super busy working with a number of companies wanting ADEL in their products. I think we can hit the mid-month goal however.

Super cool!

Jun 23, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #5,502 of 9,124
I have all three modules with my A12's. For me the MAM was really a WOW moment. I only use the MAM's now and do not use the B1 and S1 module. The B1 module on the A12's was really missing a lot of details in the music. With the MAM's you have control over the exact bass response and the mid's are really crazy! 

Look forward to getting my MAMs as well.

Jun 23, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #5,504 of 9,124

I thought the S1 module is the one that missing a lot of details , not the B1?

Jun 23, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #5,505 of 9,124
@ken6217 , is the vacuum pump getting frequent** use? Meaning, do the shells need frequent cleaning with the vacuum?

I am planning on getting one if it does need frequent vacuuming. 

**By frequent, once every month..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back