1964 Ears Adel IEMs
May 17, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #5,238 of 9,124
I may sell my MAM pair, pm me if you're interested .

May 17, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #5,239 of 9,124
  You might want to try the MAMs. They will give you a little more bass quantity if you close them all the way. I'm a drummer and FOH engineer for a couple bands and when playing I like more bass than when mixing. So I use my U8s to play live and my V6 Stages and another pair from another manufacturer when mixing. When playing, two things I always have in my mix are kick and the bass, cause I like to feel it when playing. I find the U8s to have a very nice low end and actually recommend them to drummers and bass players. 

It seems that you haven't been using yours for too long. I would get use to them first, listen to music in quite environments and get used to their sound and if there is something you don't' like, you could ask your sound man to crank them up. These have a nice mid bass hump, that I find bass players like, but depending on what type of music you play,  you may only need to eq the lower spectrum to get you more sub frequencies. In my case, when I first got mine, I wasn't too impressed and like yourself thought that they were bass light. But when I got used to the changes that ADEL brings, and the IEM tuning, I really fell in love with them and now I find myself tuning the bass down, despite loving my good bass. 

thanks for the feedback.. will take under advisement :)
I've got more gigs this weekend and next,. so I'll hang tight.
BTW - I run my own IEM mix as we have a digital console that either splits to, or receives the house snake split.. G3 wireless.

May 18, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #5,243 of 9,124
Sadly the A12 only stood at the 3rd place at theheadphonelist flagship shoot out.
frown.gif

Do note the review was done almost a year ago, and it was probably with the S1 module (and it looks like the earlier plastic prototype .... what I see from the picture). The S1 module are know to have some shortcomings (e.g. more pronounced sub bass).

With the B1 and MAM modules, sub-bass has been tighten up, details and sound stage improved, it may be a different outcome if the reviewed again.

In any case, I am thoroughly enjoying my U12 with MAM modules, and with ADEL tech ... you do not get fatigue from prolong listening (a huge plus). All I am looking forward to now is the Bubble (Active ADEL). 

May 18, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #5,244 of 9,124
Sadly the A12 only stood at the 3rd place at theheadphonelist flagship shoot out.
frown.gif

That only reflects Jason's personal preference while using A12 w/S1 module.  Nothing more, nothing less
wink.gif

May 18, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #5,247 of 9,124
Hi guys, anyone have a link to canyon runner's post on how to adjust he mams? Inclusing the orientation of turning between the left and right modules? Been looking for it he past 2 hrs to no avail. Search isn't working on my tablet as well.

Appreciate it. Thanks.

Here you go !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqsFELUW-mc

May 18, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #5,249 of 9,124

Do note the review was done almost a year ago, and it was probably with the S1 module (and it looks like the earlier plastic prototype .... what I see from the picture). The S1 module are know to have some shortcomings (e.g. more pronounced sub bass).

With the B1 and MAM modules, sub-bass has been tighten up, details and sound stage improved, it may be a different outcome if the reviewed again.

In any case, I am thoroughly enjoying my U12 with MAM modules, and with ADEL tech ... you do not get fatigue from prolong listening (a huge plus). All I am looking forward to now is the Bubble (Active ADEL). 

I also believe the outcome would be entirely different, I disliked S1, B1 is a completely different sound.  The complaints he made (lack of treble sparkle, mid bass, etc) are exactly what the S1 does.

May 19, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #5,250 of 9,124
frown.gif

It's still one of his favorites, you can ask him. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back