1964 Ears Adel IEMs
May 14, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #5,206 of 9,124
Hey guys, we've got something else for you.

(Edge out the competition by showcasing your DAPs/DACs/Amps as well. That looks way better than IEMs plugged into your phone)

We at 64 Audio have been seeing so many great posts of our customers' custom designed IEMs, that we want to up the ante and really encourage you to show off & take pride in your designs!

We will be giving away a pair of the new ADEL B1 Modules to the person that submits our favorite photo showcasing their personal pair of 64 Audio IEMs! If your custom IEMs are minimalist in design, you're not out of the running, just be creative with your photo!

Vitaliy Belonozhko, the founder of 64 Audio, will select his favorites and the winner will have their photo shared across all of our social media platforms and receive a pair of the new ADEL B1 modules to go along with their 64 Audio IEMs.

The 3 runner up entries will also be shown off via social media.

To submit an entry, post a picture of your personal IEMs on your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and use hashtag 
#myADELs
during the next 7 days. Make sure that you’re following 
@64audio
! The give away ends May 19th, 11:59pm PST. Winner will be announced via social media on Friday May 20th.

Nice competition. No opportunity for owners of U-series to get in then and win a set of B1's ?

May 14, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #5,207 of 9,124
Nice competition. No opportunity for owners of U-series to get in then and win a set of B1's ?

It really wasn't aimed at U-Series when I came up with the idea a while ago, it was something that spawned from us showing off our rigs a while back. So it was with Head-Fi in mind originally, then we decided to open it up to everybody else.

I really think if you work some magic with a camera, U-Series might work. Most people just dangle their IEMs somewhere kinda pretty and bank on the backdrop.

I'll double check on Monday, but I really don't think U series would be a problem if the picture's pretty cool.

May 14, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #5,208 of 9,124
It really wasn't aimed at U-Series when I came up with the idea a while ago, it was something that spawned from us showing off our rigs a while back. So it was with Head-Fi in mind originally, then we decided to open it up to everybody else.

I really think if you work some magic with a camera, U-Series might work. Most people just dangle their IEMs somewhere kinda pretty and bank on the backdrop.

I'll double check on Monday, but I really don't think U series would be a problem if the picture's pretty cool.

Thanks, I'll give it a my best shot

May 15, 2016 at 6:34 AM Post #5,209 of 9,124

Look, I'm not questioning ADEL line from SQ and price point. As matter of fact, it's priced really well compared to other CIEMs considering the additional  modules. I would love to chat with Stephen about the technology from an enthusiast's standpoint. My point is that ADEL is a intermediate between a fully open vent and no vent at all. It achieves what you are saying, not leaking the low range but still provide some openness to the sound. I'm just don't feel that it should be called a new technology. It should be appropriately called modification or adaption of an existing knowledge. There is also quotes about a Vanderbilt study about ADEL which I would like to know exactly which article it is.

My initial post is not to troll current or future owners of 1964 Ear products because I'll probably get one by the end of the year, but I think we need to maintain certain level of transparency and ethical standard while trying to market the product. That is all. I am totally supportive of innovative way of applying technology existing or novel to audio products.

All "new technology" is based on existing knowledge, it's called new technology when someone takes that knowledge and implement it into something usable and works to a reasonable standard. 3D (Oculus Rift) has been around since the 90s, holographic image (google glass) has been around longer. 3D printer is based on printing technology, just melting plastic instead of spitting out ink. If you take that viewpoint there is basically no new technology around. Research (industry/university) > company/individual applies engineering to the theory > product with "new technology".

May 15, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #5,211 of 9,124
The acrylic housing of my a12 got broken by accident. I guess the warranty does not cover that. I have to send it in to have it re-mold. Wonder how much it gonna cost me
frown.gif

Sorry to hear that, what happened?
If you're paying for remold already, maybe get it custom? or maybe even different color.. just a thought.  I would love to have clear U12.

May 15, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #5,212 of 9,124
Sorry to hear that, what happened?
If you're paying for remold already, maybe get it custom? or maybe even different color.. just a thought.  I would love to have clear U12.

It got destroyed by a vacuum cleaner. But the BA drivers still intact.
Mine already customized so hopefully they still have my file in the system to remold it.
I prefer the clear acrylic housing so I can see if the tubes got connected from 1 end to the other. Because the 1st one they sent me got blocked.

May 15, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #5,213 of 9,124
Hey guy's. I just purchased a Mojo dac. I have checked out the full line of the 64 Audio A &U series, Ultimate Ears, and other CIEM lines. I am really looking for a pair of excellent sounding balanced CIEM's that will keep me very happy for awhile! I don't believe in the preverbal "END GAME" product people say they are looking for, or found, because the best new technology is being worked on, or near completion even though we all just paid $100's, or even &1000's for the newest model/technology. It doesn't bother me if I pull the trigger on something,  and something newer/better is released weeks later if I am happy with my purchase.

I just want to find a great pair of CIEM's even if I need to get a mold of my ear from an Audiologist, so I have a pair of CIEM's, I can often fall asleep with them in my ear's without breaking them, or waking up in severe pain! I am not looking for, or probably can afford the absolute best which probably eliminates anything above the A8 series price range. I don't like huge booming base, I like tight, and not overpowering over the mids, and highs which is more important to me for vocal reproduction, and the fine details of the instrument's. I also want a pair of CIEM's that will introduce me to something I have never heard before in a song I am familiar with. I may change DACS, or get a different DAP to change thing's up, but I want to keep the next pair of CIEM's for awhile.

So, the big question is should I look no further than 64 Audio, or is there another company I should take a good look at?

May 15, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #5,214 of 9,124
  Hey guy's. I just purchased a Mojo dac. I have checked out the full line of the 64 Audio A &U series, Ultimate Ears, and other CIEM lines. I am really looking for a pair of excellent sounding balanced CIEM's that will keep me very happy for awhile! I don't believe in the preverbal "END GAME" product people say they are looking for, or found, because the best new technology is being worked on, or near completion even though we all just paid $100's, or even &1000's for the newest model/technology. It doesn't bother me if I pull the trigger on something,  and something newer/better is released weeks later if I am happy with my purchase.

I just want to find a great pair of CIEM's even if I need to get a mold of my ear from an Audiologist, so I have a pair of CIEM's, I can often fall asleep with them in my ear's without breaking them, or waking up in severe pain! I am not looking for, or probably can afford the absolute best which probably eliminates anything above the A8 series price range. I don't like huge booming base, I like tight, and not overpowering over the mids, and highs which is more important to me for vocal reproduction, and the fine details of the instrument's. I also want a pair of CIEM's that will introduce me to something I have never heard before in a song I am familiar with. I may change DACS, or get a different DAP to change thing's up, but I want to keep the next pair of CIEM's for awhile.

So, the big question is should I look no further than 64 Audio, or is there another company I should take a good look at?

Fausty, I just bought a Mojo myself and it makes my A10 sound phenomenal. But I see that you are looking to spend less than $1400. Even in that range you have many Balanced Sounding Custom options you could look into: 64 Audio A6 + B1 Module, Lime Ears Aether, Perfect Seal AR6, Alclair's new 4 Driver Reference Custom IEM (the product is yet to hit the market)

On the universal side, you have: 64 Audio U6 + B1 Module, Campfire Andromeda, AKG 3003, Noble 6, Noble Savant to just name a few..

Edit: Oh I forgot to mention JH Angie. It comes in both Universal and Custom versions.. The older models of Angie are still available at Moon Audio at a slightly lower price if you are interested in saving a few bucks.

May 15, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #5,216 of 9,124
May 16, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #5,218 of 9,124
It got destroyed by a vacuum cleaner. But the BA drivers still intact.
Mine already customized so hopefully they still have my file in the system to remold it.
I prefer the clear acrylic housing so I can see if the tubes got connected from 1 end to the other. Because the 1st one they sent me got blocked.

wow, did it actually get sucked up?  I suggest keeping them in the case everytime you're not using them.  I never put them in my pocket, they're always in ear or in the case.

May 16, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #5,219 of 9,124

Personally I can't sleep in my ciems as I sleep on my side, IMO unless you sleep on your back you won't be able to sleep with them and even if you do sleep on your back and roll over, your canals are going to be hella sore when you wakeup-IMO.

As far as hearing things you've never heard before, that has more to do with source.  You need a good DAC like Mojo, Hugo or something else of similar quality.  Nice CIEMs simply will not reveal their potential when paired with a phone or low quality source.

May 16, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #5,220 of 9,124

Personally I can't sleep in my ciems as I sleep on my side, IMO unless you sleep on your back you won't be able to sleep with them and even if you do sleep on your back and roll over, your canals are going to be hella sore when you wakeup-IMO.

I agree about not being able to sleep with the CIEMs on. The shape of our ear canals change depending on the orientation of our head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back