1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Apr 17, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #4,831 of 9,124
Alex is right, they're all the same cables on the insides. There is a silver/clear cable option, but its the same guts as the black one. 

There's been a few different cables that were stock over the last year or so, but the current one is what most of you have. The Y split is heatshrinked, the older one is a plastic splitter. No difference in sound quality, just different version.

Apr 17, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #4,833 of 9,124
That looks like the stock silver cable to me. Granted it's just based off a picture and I don't have another to compare to, but to my eyeballs, that looks like the stock silver cable option that comes with the IEMs.

Unless the dealer is changing out cables themselves to an aftermarket clear casing with silver wire, but that's pretty unheard of that a dealer would do that, especially without charging you extra for it.

Apr 18, 2016 at 12:30 AM Post #4,836 of 9,124
May someone help me on this ? Just got my new A3's and the DP-X1 lately and there's a little problem that occurs.

I found that whenever I am playing 24/96 (upsampled) WAVs there will be a small "di-di-di-di-di-di-di-crack" sound repeatedly throughout the whole song (don't really know how to describe that noise 
confused_face.gif
 ). It only happens to the right ear of my A3's and I'm getting pretty annoyed by this (Left IEM is working really fine tho). 

But for all other files (e.g. 16/44.1, DSD 64.. etc) the problem doesn't exist.  Not sure if it is a problem of my right IEM or a problem with the DP-X1 playing 24/96 upsampled WAVs. 

Tried testing this on many tracks and would appreciate any help ! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 18, 2016 at 12:41 AM Post #4,837 of 9,124
  May someone help me on this ? Just got my new A3's and the DP-X1 lately and there's a little problem that occurs.

I found that whenever I am playing 24/96 (upsampled) WAVs there will be a small "di-di-di-di-di-di-di-crack" sound repeatedly throughout the whole song (don't really know how to describe that noise 
confused_face.gif
 ). It only happens to the right ear of my A3's and I'm getting pretty annoyed by this (Left IEM is working really fine tho). 

But for all other files (e.g. 16/44.1, DSD 64.. etc) the problem doesn't exist.  Not sure if it is a problem of my right IEM or a problem with the DP-X1 playing 24/96 upsampled WAVs. 

Tried testing this on many tracks and would appreciate any help ! 
smily_headphones1.gif

If it's only playing during a certain file type, it's your player or the songs themselves.

Apr 18, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #4,839 of 9,124
This is probably the cable @Canyonrunner was talking about. The old plastic Y-splits were a lot easier to damage. That's probably why they switched to the new cable with heat shrink.

My A8 has just been delivered by FedEx. The cable on mine is the stock black cable with plastic y-splitter, but I notice that the photos of the new grey stock cables are quad-braids. Oh well. I have a third party cable on order but it won't arrive until earliest end of this week.

Here is a photo of the my A8. A punchy CIEM deserves punchy artwork.

Apr 19, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #4,841 of 9,124
So after having the U12 for a month and a half now (or thereabouts), I finally feel good about heaping some compliments on this IEM. It's been a struggle for me to get the best out of it, and initially I was so unimpressed and disappointed in the sound that I was going to return it. Big mistake that would've been! First of all, I found fit quite tricky to get an ideal seal. It took experimenting at length with all the tips I have, and realizing that since the nozzle is so freakishly long that pushing the tips down as far as they'd go was the thing to do (and I mean so that the front edges of the nozzles are totally flush with the front surface of the tips). The tips I landed on are UE900 replacement single flange silicone. They have a wide open bore and allow the details and soundstage to really open up. 

Sound-wise at first I felt there was a pretty hefty veil over the mids and highs, and a sense of smeared details (which I thought couldn't be right at all with all the positive things I'd read about the sound-- unanimously). But this seemed totally off to me, and like something had to be amiss in the mix of equipment. This was happening using the U12 with the Questyle QP1R, which again was bizarre because every other phone I'd used on it gave amazing sound. So I thought I'd just plug it into the basic iPhone 6+. Surprisingly that was much, much better and the details sharpened up and things got more open sounding. The only thing I can think was going on was an impedance mismatch possibly. Whatever it was, that pairing just didn't play well. I also had my ZX2 sitting around (had been collecting dust with the QP1R getting all the use of late), and great result out of that as well. Recently I picked up a SPC cable by the member here Wfanning, and wow does that give the U12 another nice jolt with detailing and space. So with the UE900 tips, and the Wfanning SPC cable, I'm definitely a happy camper.....

The thing that amazes me most of all currently about the U12 is the midrange. It is just so full, weighted, and properly placed... with far and away the best and most right tonality to vocals that I've ever heard from just about any phone. That midrange... jeez... glorious. I mean it kicks the snot out of the mids from the FL8Cs with the gold nozzle in place (and that was the best vocals/midrange by a good margin prior to the U12). The other thing I guess is how mellow yet detailed things are. There's never any glare, or sense it's trying 'so hard' to be ultra detailed. It's 100% easy to listen to for extended sessions.

Apr 19, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #4,842 of 9,124
  So after having the U12 for a month and a half now (or thereabouts), I finally feel good about heaping some compliments on this IEM. It's been a struggle for me to get the best out of it, and initially I was so unimpressed and disappointed in the sound that I was going to return it. Big mistake that would've been! First of all, I found fit quite tricky to get an ideal seal. It took experimenting at length with all the tips I have, and realizing that since the nozzle is so freakishly long that pushing the tips down as far as they'd go was the thing to do (and I mean so that the front edges of the nozzles are totally flush with the front surface of the tips). The tips I landed on are UE900 replacement single flange silicone. They have a wide open bore and allow the details and soundstage to really open up. 

Sound-wise at first I felt there was a pretty hefty veil over the mids and highs, and a sense of smeared details (which I thought couldn't be right at all with all the positive things I'd read about the sound-- unanimously). But this seemed totally off to me, and like something had to be amiss in the mix of equipment. This was happening using the U12 with the Questyle QP1R, which again was bizarre because every other phone I'd used on it gave amazing sound. So I thought I'd just plug it into the basic iPhone 6+. Surprisingly that was much, much better and the details sharpened up and things got more open sounding. The only thing I can think was going on was an impedance mismatch possibly. Whatever it was, that pairing just didn't play well. I also had my ZX2 sitting around (had been collecting dust with the QP1R getting all the use of late), and great result out of that as well. Recently I picked up a SPC cable by the member here Wfanning, and wow does that give the U12 another nice jolt with detailing and space. So with the UE900 tips, and the Wfanning SPC cable, I'm definitely a happy camper.....

The thing that amazes me most of all currently about the U12 is the midrange. It is just so full, weighted, and properly placed... with far and away the best and most right tonality to vocals that I've ever heard from just about any phone. That midrange... jeez... glorious. I mean it kicks the snot out of the mids from the FL8Cs with the gold nozzle in place (and that was the best vocals/midrange by a good margin prior to the U12). The other thing I guess is how mellow yet detailed things are. There's never any glare, or sense it's trying 'so hard' to be ultra detailed. It's 100% easy to listen to for extended sessions.

I have had the same results with my A12. It is DAP dependent. I just ordered the new module and it was shipped to me. I hope it works well with my DAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back