1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Apr 14, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #4,771 of 9,124
I'm about 1/4 - 1/2 turn just short of fully open.  There is a sweet spot in there with almost flat bass, and it also gives the mids a little tweak.  You'll see it in the review when I eventually get it finished 
wink.gif

Apr 14, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #4,773 of 9,124
Just as a tidbit of information, the new B1 Module was designed for our new EP-Custom Earplugs that uses ADEL. But along the way, we found that the module was actually really desirable for audiophile uses. That's why we showed that first, but in case some of you were interested, here's the links to the new hearing protection.

Intro video:
https://youtu.be/VZEoZTeMLts

Product page:
https://www.64audio.com/product/EP-Custom-EarPlugs

Apr 14, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #4,774 of 9,124
Hey guys, I have a surprise for you all. While I've keep you all very well informed on what the status of the MAMs, there's been something else in the works for a bit and I think it's right up the audiophile alley.

We have a new ADEL Module. It's called the B1. It flattens out the bottom a fair amount, helping bring out the mid range. If you were one of the people wishing for a combination of the lushness of the A/U12s, but wanting the leaner bottom end of the A/U10s, this is for you!

I've had it in my A12s for a few weeks and to sum it up, it's very much like having the MAMs 90% open. More spacious than the original Auto module (Now referred to as the S1 Auto Module), less bass and more texture in the mids.

Intro video:
https://youtu.be/pnIwWe1YLgE

Product page:
https://www.64audio.com/product/ADEL-B1-Auto-Modules

I asked you about a black module several weeks ago, and here we are :) My A3s are at the Faceplates Applied stage, would you be able to get the B1 module added instead of the S1?

Apr 14, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #4,775 of 9,124
I asked you about a black module several weeks ago, and here we are
smily_headphones1.gif
My A3s are at the Faceplates Applied stage, would you be able to get the B1 module added instead of the S1?

At that point there was no plan to color any modules. Colors being introduced happened within the last 2 weeks, when we found a local place that would work us to do anodizing. We had the modules in the works, then Bogdan got the idea to color it. 

You should be able to get the B1 instead of the S1, but since it literally launched 3 hours ago I'm not sure if the option for that is up right now. Call customer service tomorrow and see if they can swap it into your ears before it leaves the lab. No promises, but I can't imagine it being a problem. I'm not sure on the sound signature you're after but if you prefer how the S1 sounds (with more bottom end), you could always color the silver module with a sharpie or something if color is THAT crucial. Just saying that's an option if it's a must-be-black.

Apr 14, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #4,778 of 9,124
The B1 sounds like a perfect compliment for the U8.

It totally could be, however for some it could be the opposite if they like the 8 for it's big bass sound. Really up to what you're looking for.

I haven't put my MAMs back in since I swapped in the B1, since it's right where I have my MAMs anyways. Of course there are reasons to adjust MAMs in different settings, but for a fixed position, the B1 is fantastic and is what I think the bulk of our audiophile customers will absolutely love.

I think the tension on the ADEL membrane and isolation amount, is where most people will end up using their MAMs for listening in most settings, so this is half the price of the MAM and available now.

Apr 14, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #4,779 of 9,124
I love the U8 but want a more linear bass with the same sub bass extension.  Do the B1 modules provide that compared to the MAMs that will be shipping out?

Apr 15, 2016 at 12:10 AM Post #4,780 of 9,124
  I love the U8 but want a more linear bass with the same sub bass extension.  Do the B1 modules provide that compared to the MAMs that will be shipping out?

This should tick that box for you. The MAM allows for a full range of adjustment, the B1 is fixed at 90% (ish) open with the bass flattened out from about 500hz downward.

Apr 15, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #4,782 of 9,124
  It totally could be, however for some it could be the opposite if they like the 8 for it's big bass sound. Really up to what you're looking for.

I haven't put my MAMs back in since I swapped in the B1, since it's right where I have my MAMs anyways. Of course there are reasons to adjust MAMs in different settings, but for a fixed position, the B1 is fantastic and is what I think the bulk of our audiophile customers will absolutely love.

I think the tension on the ADEL membrane and isolation amount, is where most people will end up using their MAMs for listening in most settings, so this is half the price of the MAM and available now.

Oh noo!! I was told the MAM would be priced at $99 like the other modules.  That's has since changed??

Apr 15, 2016 at 8:15 AM Post #4,784 of 9,124
Can
  That's where I generally keep mine as well. That's basically where the new module is set to, with a bit less bass.

Could we also get the B1 in the default chrome look, don't like black.  Also, It would seem since the B1 only has one membrane that the MAM in fact cannot replicate the sound of the B1 given it's multiple membranes, no matter where it is set at.  Probably get both.  Or maybe I should wait for C1, D1, E1, etc! =P Should be fun trying to find a case for these new modules. I know 64 has their new cass but it looks less stout than the one that came with mine. Probably use contact lense case with some fluff inside to prevent banging around.

Apr 15, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #4,785 of 9,124
  Hey guys, I have a surprise for you all. While I've keep you all very well informed on what the status of the MAMs, there's been something else in the works for a bit and I think it's right up the audiophile alley.

We have a new ADEL Module. It's called the B1. It flattens out the bottom a fair amount, helping bring out the mid range. If you were one of the people wishing for a combination of the lushness of the A/U12s, but wanting the leaner bottom end of the A/U10s, this is for you!

I've had it in my A12s for a few weeks and to sum it up, it's very much like having the MAMs 90% open. More spacious than the original Auto module (Now referred to as the S1 Auto Module), less bass and more texture in the mids.

Intro video:
https://youtu.be/pnIwWe1YLgE

Product page:
https://www.64audio.com/product/ADEL-B1-Auto-Modules

Just ordered it for my A12. Why was this module offered since the manual module is coming out? Price point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back