1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Feb 16, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #3,528 of 9,124
Just got news from 64 Audio that my U12s should be shipped out tomorrow. Can't wait!

You won't regret it, they rock :)

God knows I miss them like crazy...

Feb 16, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #3,529 of 9,124
I just got my pair of A12s yesterday and have been listening to them for most of the day in my office today.  My usual office rig (And really my only Hi-fi rig) has been a a set of Beyer DT880 cans run through a Music Streamer II+ and an Bottlehead crack with the speedball upgrade.  I have an OPPO HA-2 (for travel, and office) to power the A12s, and a Grace m920 for home listening.  I LOVE THESE THINGS!.  I was doing some comparison between these and the DT880s today, and I think I'm ruined.  My DT880s seem so thin and distant now.  It wasn't my plan to listen to these things in my office all the time. I hope I can become satisfied with my cans again.  

This is my first set of CIEMS, and they are so much more comfortable than any set of universals that I've ever used.

Sigh, down the rabbit hole I go.

Feb 17, 2016 at 12:16 AM Post #3,531 of 9,124
  I just got my pair of A12s yesterday and have been listening to them for most of the day in my office today.  My usual office rig (And really my only Hi-fi rig) has been a a set of Beyer DT880 cans run through a Music Streamer II+ and an Bottlehead crack with the speedball upgrade.  I have an OPPO HA-2 (for travel, and office) to power the A12s, and a Grace m920 for home listening.  I LOVE THESE THINGS!.  I was doing some comparison between these and the DT880s today, and I think I'm ruined.  My DT880s seem so thin and distant now.  It wasn't my plan to listen to these things in my office all the time. I hope I can become satisfied with my cans again.  

This is my first set of CIEMS, and they are so much more comfortable than any set of universals that I've ever used.

I also have DT880's (600 Ohm) and after getting my my A6, the Beyers get minimal head time, considering selling.

Feb 17, 2016 at 2:17 AM Post #3,532 of 9,124
Don't worry friend, it'll go quicker than you think.

... Or not, I did ask if there was any way to expedite the process even paying extra but looks like it's not possible :frowning2:

I have to hope for the best (closer to 5 business days) and not the worst (10 days)... first time I had an IEM returned, it had to be the U12 and after just one day :frowning2:

Feb 17, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #3,533 of 9,124

Congratulations!! Would you mind posting a picture so we can see what your deisng was? If you've got the money's and are looking for a source I can suggest the chord mojo, most who've heard the Hugo say it sounds even better-not so warm and a bit more treble. Chords products pair well with ADEL, enjoy and if you want, get the manual modules when they come out. I think they'll be a significant upgrade.

Feb 17, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #3,534 of 9,124
My U12 is about to be listed, pls PM me if interested, reason is nothing to do with the quality, will keep my custom A12 and send it back to them to check, U12 sounds better..

Feb 17, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #3,535 of 9,124
Congratulations!! Would you mind posting a picture so we can see what your deisng was? If you've got the money's and are looking for a source I can suggest the chord mojo, most who've heard the Hugo say it sounds even better-not so warm and a bit more treble. Chords products pair well with ADEL, enjoy and if you want, get the manual modules when they come out. I think they'll be a significant upgrade.

Here's a few photos.  I got solid black bodies with the Wenge wood faceplates.  The wood turned out to be a little darker than I thought it would be, but I'm still very happy with their appearance.

Feb 17, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #3,536 of 9,124
Hello Everyone,

I am a long time lurker here on Head-Fi and I am extremely interested in 64 Audio's products.  I am the type who always requires an explanation and visual proof of a technology.  The ADEL innovation is one that really piques my interest.  I've seen the videos as well as the purported information regarding its benefits.  What I haven't seen is an audiologist or even someone outside of 64 Audio, with a background in hearing protection, who believes the ADEL does what the company says it does.

What I'd like to ask is, if someone with a proper background, can you please explain to me, and whoever else would like to know, the science behind the ADEL module.  I don't see how the module isn't just a way to control leakage out of a tube.  Wouldn't the same benefit that is purported exist if the module was completely removed?  Now, if there wasn't some leakage, when the diaphragm moves inwards towards the ear, wouldn't that apply pneumatic pressure against the ear drum causing time smear and neglect any hearing protection proclaimed within the technology.

To me, the ADEL modules look just like a dynamic driver (speaker) used in universal IEMs.  Is the module just a dynamic driver without the motor -  like a passive radiator in a speaker system?  Why do the modules cost $100 and $200 if that is the case?  There are dynamic driver IEMs for dollars that exist today.  

I don't get the science, please help.  Thanks posters!  I'm glad to finally join the community here on Head-Fi.  

Feb 17, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #3,537 of 9,124
Her music makes me want to van-gogh my ears. As does 99% of the pop nowadays. Remember when we actually had good pop bands with talent, like nirvana, radiohead, etc-at least from my generation. Remember when we actually had pop bands, even ones that could play! Nowadays it's pathetic. Go back even further and the pop bands were even more talented; 60's to 70's era. Now it's people talking to computer generated beats about shallow nonsense and that's called rap or it's singers that srrgurgitate tired themes with random "band" members that change monthly, yawn. Good thing the industry is dying and I don't have tv or radio.. Where's the nirvana, stones, Zeppelin, Floyd or sabbath of this generation? There isn't any at least that's allowed to be popular, for greatness you have to become a serious fan of your preferred genres and dig deep into the underground and find the gems there.

Wow, by being curious about who else, other than kendrick lamar, uses what iem (and she came to mind since news about bad audio happened to her at the awards and she is not listed in JH Audio's client list), response was a rant on today's music and also having nirvana, radiohead as talents - which to another generation, these two bands' music are all noise!

So one man's meat is another man's poison strikes again.. except that this is seriously strong worded.

Oh, and still no answer to the question... LOL!

Feb 17, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #3,538 of 9,124
... Or not, I did ask if there was any way to expedite the process even paying extra but looks like it's not possible :frowning2:

I have to hope for the best (closer to 5 business days) and not the worst (10 days)... first time I had an IEM returned, it had to be the U12 and after just one day :frowning2:

If you constantly think about it, it will go slower.

Feb 17, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #3,539 of 9,124
hopefully in 5 days my u12 are arriving so be prepared for an honest brutal impression, i really hope it will not let me down compared to my shure 846

i hope i will not end up being an outcast like i am on the ak380 thread :)

so i was wondering how many are interested in my impressions and do u like me to be as brutal honest as I am in the ak380 thread or be diplomatic :)

i will use it on my ak380+amp and chord mojo

Feb 17, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #3,540 of 9,124
My U12 is about to be listed, pls PM me if interested, reason is nothing to do with the quality, will keep my custom A12 and send it back to them to check, U12 sounds better..

Be interesting to see their fr's compared in graphs, can you say what sounds different? Maybe test them when you get them back and compare? Guy posted few pages back in this thread showing how to do fr graphs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back