1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Feb 14, 2016 at 6:27 AM Post #3,496 of 9,124
can i ask please, so I bought this u12 from a guy in USA who recieved it as a gift from someone and he has no receipt

will i be covered by warranty for this

as reading davidmolliere made me a bit concerned if something happens to my u12 and the warranty 

Wouldn't that be a question better asked of 1964Ears direct?

Feb 14, 2016 at 6:30 AM Post #3,497 of 9,124
Wouldn't that be a question better asked of 1964Ears direct?

actually i will, i am just waiting for it to arrive in 9 days, so i can send them an email and tell them the serial number

Feb 15, 2016 at 1:11 AM Post #3,500 of 9,124
Anyone had to send out their 64 Audio gear for repair before?
If so how long was the wait to get them back? I guess it will take more time than getting them initially :-\

Just one day with the U12 working and I need to send them back, used the troubleshooting wizard on 1964ears.com, my unit needs repair :frowning2:

Feb 15, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #3,501 of 9,124
If so how long was the wait to get them back? I guess it will take more time than getting them initially :-\

Just one day with the U12 working and I need to send them back, used the troubleshooting wizard on 1964ears.com, my unit needs repair :frowning2:

I've sent them back for a refit and they turned them around quickly. 

How long have you had them? I assume not long. Send the iem's and the RMA form and then send an email to them and explain your issue as well and ask of they could look at these as soon as possible and try to send them back to as soon as possible.

Feb 15, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #3,502 of 9,124

I've sent my U4 for replacement before since there were cracks on them(the cracks suddenly appeared).
Just mail them about your issue and they'll send you a label from Fedex and all you have to do is head to Fedex and mail it
The whole process is pretty fast even though I live in Taiwan, it took 2 days for Fedex to send it back to them
they mailed it back to me the same day and 2 days later I've got them back.

Their customer service is really nice, I suppose the process might even be faster for you guys living in the US.

Feb 15, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #3,503 of 9,124
  I've sent them backfire a refit and they turned them around quickly. 

How long have you had them? I assume not long. Send the iem's and the RMA form and then send an email to them and explain your issue as well and ask of they could look at these as soon as possible and try to send them back to as soon as possible.

I received them last friday, so yes very short time they worked beautifully for a day and then I guess one or two mids drivers dying or disconnected dunno but vocals sounded very distant and hollow on the right earpiece. The U12 are on their way with FedEx already, should reach them tomorrow apparently (thanks to the time difference).

I've sent my U4 for replacement before since there were cracks on them(the cracks suddenly appeared).
Just mail them about your issue and they'll send you a label from Fedex and all you have to do is head to Fedex and mail it
The whole process is pretty fast even though I live in Taiwan, it took 2 days for Fedex to send it back to them
they mailed it back to me the same day and 2 days later I've got them back.

Their customer service is really nice, I suppose the process might even be faster for you guys living in the US.

I followed the instructions of their website, didn't mention getting a FedEx label from them so I paid myself a handsome amount to FedEx :-\
Well that's good news on turnaround time, thanks!

I hope with the Valentine promo (that I missed by a few days, ouch) they're not swamped with work...

I know I'll be happy when I get them back and wary of further issues too (never, never happened to me yet with any of the I don't know how many IEMs I have had...).

Feb 15, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #3,505 of 9,124
  They are responsive. Send them an email along with the package you sent. They will do it quickly.

Great, too "bad" I'll be on vacation for a few days from saturday I don't expect them to be that fast....
You mean sending an email to service@ ?
Or support@ ?

I guess the first one.

Feb 15, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #3,507 of 9,124
Feb 15, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #3,508 of 9,124
Yes their repair and customer service is top notch.  I also had a crack "suddenly appear" in my left A12, they fixed it in a few days and I had them back in a few more.  Crack was gone, they filled it in and even upgraded my modules to metal from the plastic kickstarter ones.  I'm very impressed and If I order any more CIEMs they'll definitely be from 64, knowing that they have my back if something goes wrong.  I see a lot of people order from companies in other countries and shipping their impressions overseas, as often as issues occur with ciem's I'd hate to be shipping things in and outside of the country dealing with all the crap you have to deal with from the government to ship things internationally(VAT's, inspections, etc) and possibly things being lost.  I have nothing against things made overseas-I'm all for it, just not something I want to do with CIEMs.  Customer service is a MASSIVE part of my purchasing decisions.

Feb 15, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #3,509 of 9,124
  Yes their repair and customer service is top notch.  I also had a crack "suddenly appear" in my left A12, they fixed it in a few days and I had them back in a few more.  Crack was gone, they filled it in and even upgraded my modules to metal from the plastic kickstarter ones.  I'm very impressed and If I order any more CIEMs they'll definitely be from 64, knowing that they have my back if something goes wrong.  I see a lot of people order from companies in other countries and shipping their impressions overseas, as often as issues occur with ciem's I'd hate to be shipping things in and outside of the country dealing with all the crap you have to deal with from the government to ship things internationally(VAT's, inspections, etc) and possibly things being lost.  I have nothing against things made overseas-I'm all for it, just not something I want to do with CIEMs.  Customer service is a MASSIVE part of my purchasing decisions.

Glad to hear it, you're right customer service is a big factor indeed.

This being said, in my case we're talking IEMs built overseas it depends on where you live :p
I sold my french Earsonics S-EM9 (good customer service too) to get the U12, customer service is a factor but innovation too that's why I am putting up with the "hassle".

Back to the U12, it's hard to switch back to another IEM now, it sounds closed in, thin and hollow!
I'll miss them during the 10 hours or so I listened to them they just hypnotized me.
I'll tell you one thing, I am even considering getting the A12 down the line (that would be my first custom...) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back