1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Jan 27, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #3,257 of 9,124

I wouldn't wish a Future Sonics CIEM transaction on my worst enemy.

That bad, eh? Well at least the G10 universals are good, so I think I'd dig their CIEM sound. Don't meant to derail the thread though just curious for comparison. Also curious about Earsonics EM3 pro comparison.

Jan 27, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #3,258 of 9,124

I wouldn't wish a Future Sonics CIEM transaction on my worst enemy.

That bad, eh? Well at least the G10 universals are good, so I think I'd dig their CIEM sound.

Yes - that badwww.head-fi.org/t/596839/review-um-merlin-fs-mg6pro-akg-k3003/240#post_11010759

and just a week ago, someone PM'd me and related to me that they had an experience with Future Sonics spookily-similar to mine and Shotgun Shane's. Clearly, their appalling service & quality is not isolated instances, but a significant pattern.

On a different (and on-topic) note:

I'm a bit disheartened to see the remarks, from 2 different listeners, in the past few days, that the U10 bass (or sub-bass) response seems significantly north-of-neutral.

Although I don't use CIEMs for music engineering purposes, I nonetheless prefer a relatively-neutral presentation, and, having realised that the A12 is quite widely-agreed to be tuned in a bass-boosted manner, I had been thinking that the A10 might be (when funds permit) my next CIEM, as I really, really appreciate the hearing-protection aspect of ADEL.

I can't help but wonder if the ADEL technology perhaps subjectively reduces perception of bass weight, and that the 64-Audio ADEL IEMs/CIEMs may be being tuned with lifted bass in order to compensate for ADEL. I'm only guessing, about that, & I may be completely wrong about it, but if I'm correct, then it is conceivable that some may be more sensitive to a combination of boosted bass-tuning + ADEL-induced bass-reduction than others might be.

I'd be interested for any response on the above hypothesis, from Mr Ambrose, or 'Canyon Runner'

Jan 27, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #3,259 of 9,124

How do you come to that conclusion? The IE800's have more bass than the 846's.

Get the JH Roxanne's. You can turn the bass up till your hearts content.

Here's a review comparing the Roxanne and the A12. I would also ask Jelt2359 about the A12 vs the 846's because he owns them both,

http://headfonics.com/2015/09/the-a12-ciem-by-64-audio/

Jan 27, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #3,261 of 9,124
This is just a guess, but I'm betting the adjustable ADEL module will have a significant affect on bass response, much more than it'll affect mid/high.  This could be a nice option to get the response you want via mechanical tuning, rather than EQ or using in-line bass-boosting potentiometers like the JH Audio.

Jan 27, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #3,262 of 9,124
Here's a review comparing the Roxanne and the A12. I would also ask Jelt2359 about the A12 vs the 846's because he owns them both,

http://headfonics.com/2015/09/the-a12-ciem-by-64-audio/

I've read that review before. I also own the A12's and the Roxannes. The bass to me is better on the A12's. You could get more quantity on the Roxannes but not quality. The bass is plenty on the A12's.

I have no interest in hearing about the 846's. I sold them 2 years ago as I didn't like them.

Jan 27, 2016 at 6:25 PM Post #3,263 of 9,124
just ordered A3s! 

atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif

Jan 27, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #3,264 of 9,124
Lol, just because I'm selling does mean they're bad. They are not what I expected/wanted. I was expecting/wanting a neutral reference. Basically a universal UERM if you will. It's not. It's more of a fun U shaped sig with a healthy dose of sub bass. The Adele feature seems to add a really nice sense of air throughout the entire frequency response. It's actually pretty nice but, like I said, not what I was intending to buy.

Same thing happened with th Campfire Jupiter. Some early thoughts and impressions were of a neutral monitor with perhaps a little extra bass. It ended up being much bassier than I expected and intended. At any rate both are very nice, just not what I wanted, so rather than keep something I don't want, I've decided to sell it off right away.

U6 is maybe what you are looking for, @Brooko has one I believed, and he mentioned to me before that it has a very close to flat FR

Jan 27, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #3,265 of 9,124
Flat on my rig (raw data) Vic - but SGS will be looking for a calibrated and compensated flat response, so probably won't be what he's looking for either.

I'm looking forward to getting the manual modules (eventually) so I can complete and post a proper review.

Jan 28, 2016 at 5:23 AM Post #3,266 of 9,124
At the risk or derailing this thread (apologies if I do) - Would anyone be willing to part with their 64 Audio carry case? I would like another one for my other IEM's and shipping to the UK makes it really uneconomical for me! Or if someone is ordering stuff in to the UK could yo add a case to your order - happy to split shipping costs!! Many thanks!

Jan 29, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #3,267 of 9,124
are there any u12 owners that use it with ak380 and amp

and how does the u12 pair with the ak380 and amp

as I have the shure 846 and pairs very well with that combo

while my sony z5 pairs very bad and sounds so dull with that combo

so is the u12 a great pairing with ak380 and amp, with great dynamics 

i hope it will be not a disappointing pairing especially in the bass department

Jan 31, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #3,268 of 9,124
Happy with my A6 through DX90, but upgrad-itis is tugging powerfully at me, considering an Onkyo DP-X1.

1. Has anyone tried this combination (ieither single-ended or balanced)?
2. What is a moderately priced balanced cable option for the A6?

Thanks!

Jan 31, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #3,269 of 9,124
I am using my U12 with the DPX1. I only have the stock cable and is only able to listen via SE. What I can say about it is that the sound stage is really immense and precise, details of the tracks are just laid out to you but everything is in a laid back manner. It is very relaxing and fun to listen with. My Balanced cable is on it's way now and will be giving a short write-up with the Balanced output when it arrive.

For cable, I can't recommend much as I'm fairly new into this game too but some of my friends recommend the Forza cables.

Jan 31, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #3,270 of 9,124
If you start e thread, i'll be reading up on it.

Okay, I've finally written that comprehensive guide on how to easily/reliably EQ your headphone for the most accurate/neutral sound possible. I have included everything--from what tools to use, the exact steps and approach, what to listen for, and all the test tones you need as well as carefully chosen musical material that's from my own audio gear testing playlist, with descriptions for how to use each track to test for specific problems in your headphones (and of course can be used to test speakers too). Here's the link: http://www.head-fi.org/t/796791/the-most-reliable-easiest-way-to-eq-headphones-properly-to-achieve-the-most-ideal-sound-for-non-professionals

Users who are viewing this thread

Back