1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Jan 27, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #3,241 of 9,124
...and straight it went to FS section :wink_face:

You didn't like to sound if I assumed correctly?

I was also surprised how fast your U10 made it to FS thread. Is it that bad? :xf_eek:

Lol, just because I'm selling does mean they're bad. They are not what I expected/wanted. I was expecting/wanting a neutral reference. Basically a universal UERM if you will. It's not. It's more of a fun U shaped sig with a healthy dose of sub bass. The Adele feature seems to add a really nice sense of air throughout the entire frequency response. It's actually pretty nice but, like I said, not what I was intending to buy.

Same thing happened with th Campfire Jupiter. Some early thoughts and impressions were of a neutral monitor with perhaps a little extra bass. It ended up being much bassier than I expected and intended. At any rate both are very nice, just not what I wanted, so rather than keep something I don't want, I've decided to sell it off right away.

Jan 27, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #3,242 of 9,124
Lol, just because I'm selling does mean they're bad. They are not what I expected/wanted. I was expecting/wanting a neutral reference. Basically a universal UERM if you will. It's not. It's more of a fun U shaped sig with a healthy dose of sub bass. The Adele feature seems to add a really nice sense of air throughout the entire frequency response. It's actually pretty nice but, like I said, not what I was intending to buy.

Same thing happened with th Campfire Jupiter. Some early thoughts and impressions were of a neutral monitor with perhaps a little extra bass. It ended up being much bassier than I expected and intended. At any rate both are very nice, just not what I wanted, so rather than keep something I don't want, I've decided to sell it off right away.

Is it really that sub bass heavy?

As i read the U12 has even more sub bass? .

I on the fence for both these models but you comment about bass is putting me off somewhat

Jan 27, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #3,243 of 9,124
Is it really that sub bass heavy?

As i read the U12 has even more sub bass? .

I on the fence for both these models but you comment about bass is putting me off somewhat

It has a rise in bass that peaks in deep bass, probably between 60 or 80 hz. It's too much to be considered neutral but it's not basshead levels, like an Atrio, or anything like that. The U12 will have fuller bass, by discription from 64 audio themselves but I don't know if that means more deep bass amplitude or if the rise incorporates more mid bass than the 10.

Edit: I should mention your environment will affect perception of bass too. Since the Adele feature doesn't isolate as much as a regular iem. So in a noisy environ, it will sound tamer in bass than a completely quite room. At least that's my experience.

Jan 27, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #3,244 of 9,124
It has a rise in bass that peaks in deep bass, probably between 60 or 80 hz. It's too much to be considered neutral but it's not basshead levels, like an Atrio, or anything like that. The U12 will have fuller bass, by discription from 64 audio themselves but I don't know if that means more deep bass amplitude or if the rise incorporates more mid bass than the 10.

Edit: I should mention your environment will affect perception of bass too. Since the Adele feature doesn't isolate as much as a regular iem. So in a noisy environ, it will sound tamer in bass than a completely quite room. At least that's my experience.

Thanks for the additional info. 

I will see if I can get some more views from other heafiers who own both U10/U12 to hear their experience of the differences.

Jan 27, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #3,245 of 9,124
  ...if you insisted on taking out your modules (for whatever reason), why wouldn't you just put them in your pocket?

Manual Adjustable Modules (MAMs) will be priced at $199 for THE PAIR. There's alot more that goes into them than building the auto modules. 

thanks for the price clarification...

No, I'm not talking about ME taking them out.. I'm talking about someone ELSE (who knows what they are) removing the cartridges.. as they ARE removable, and from what I've read, not that difficult to extract.   The feedback has basically said not an issue.. OK. I can go with that, but wanted to raise the question since I hadn't seen anything about it.

Plus, someone pointed out the Rev33 device to me.. A lot less than upgrading to the "A" series... 
Anyone know anyone that uses it or anything about it other than what's on their site??

Jan 27, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #3,246 of 9,124
I'm only speaking from a theoretical perspective because I don't have manual ADEL module (MAM) in A12, not yet
wink.gif
  But based on my brief testing of A12 with and without ADEL module and some info I have gathered about MAM, I think evaluating/judging any 64 Audio flagship IEMs/CIEMs with a default non-adjustable module will do injustice to these monitors.  As a Reviewer, I don't like to hype things up or to make a judgment based on someone else opinion, thus give me a few days toward the end of this week, I might be able to shed some light on this subject from my first-hand experience
biggrin.gif

Btw, regarding $199 for a pair of MAM modules, some spend $400-$600 for quality multi-conductor pure silver or gold plated silver cables which can fine tune both tonality and sound sig with just a marginal improvement.  If this MAM module can actually do what Stephen Ambrose promised us it will - this is going to be a single best upgrade investment.  But the jury is still out until we get first impressions.

Jan 27, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #3,247 of 9,124
I'm only speaking from a theoretical perspective because I don't have manual ADEL module (MAM) in A12, not yet :wink:   But based on my brief testing of A12 with and without ADEL module and some info I have gathered about MAM, I think evaluating/judging any 64 Audio flagship IEMs/CIEMs with a default non-adjustable module will do injustice to these monitors.  As a Reviewer, I don't like to hype things up or to make a judgment based on someone else opinion, thus give me a few days toward the end of this week, I might be able to shed some light on this subject from my first-hand experience :D

Btw, regarding $199 for a pair of MAM modules, some spend $400-$600 for quality multi-conductor pure silver or gold plated silver cables which can fine tune both tonality and sound sig with just a marginal improvement.  If this MAM module can actually do what Stephen Ambrose promised us it will - this is going to be a single best upgrade investment.  But the jury is still out until we get first impressions.

I feel ya man, I wasnt trying to be a dick, it seemed like an odd situation from the get go tho. I still cant think of a time when somebody would take another persons modules, what would they do with them, ya know? Like how common is iem cable theft a thing? Theyre more easily removable than adel modules and far more universal of an item to benefit the thief.

I met the Rev33 guys at NAMM and saw their device but didnt listen to it. I did a demo with them and the A10s and A12s. They seemed to enjoy what they heard, but can't really speak to much more than that unfortunately.

Jan 27, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #3,248 of 9,124
I feel ya man, I wasnt trying to be a dick, it seemed like an odd situation from the get go tho. I still cant think of a time when somebody would take another persons modules, what would they do with them, ya know? Like how common is iem cable theft a thing? Theyre more easily removable than adel modules and far more universal of an item to benefit the thief.

I met the Rev33 guys at NAMM and saw their device but didnt listen to it. I did a demo with them and the A10s and A12s. They seemed to enjoy what they heard, but can't really speak to much more than that unfortunately.

LOL - I know you weren't. It was just one of those questions that pops into one's mind when weighing in on options, and not finding anything on the topic, I posed the question.
I mean, there are people that will STEAL anything given the opportunity, and it's amazing who those folks can turn out to be....

As a musician, I take home all easily accessible items (no matter the venue) on multi-night gigs - mics, instruments, wireless body packs, tuner, backup cables, IEM's, batteries, etc. All fits in my instrument case and one other bag. My rig is then covered by a black sheet to minimize visibility. Since much theft is opportunity, if they can't see it from a distance and don't know what's under the sheet (and moving it by getting up on stage would attract attention) the grab-and-run is low incidence.
That was where I was coming from.. crap happens during and between gigs!! 
mad.gif

I don't honestly know how common iem cable theft is, but iem theft (overall) does happen.. again, no stats.. but <shrug> I understand yours and the other poster's replies of the likelihood being marginal at best. 
Thanks for the feedback!

Jan 27, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #3,249 of 9,124
So all of 64 Audio are bass heavy, the U10 "where supposed " to be the most neutral of them but it's not. I got the U6 and there a lot of bass, good thing i didn't spend much more on the same sound signature

Jan 27, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #3,250 of 9,124
so many people talking about bass, i am a basshead audiophile, and the shure 846 is the minimal bass i accept in an iem, so when i see many people talk about bass too much, I am starting to get an impressions that 64 audio iems were then not supposed to be for people who love big bass, and at the same time it makes me wonder again if the u12 has the bass i look for compared to shure 846

Jan 27, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #3,251 of 9,124
  so many people talking about bass, i am a basshead audiophile, and the shure 846 is the minimal bass i accept in an iem, so when i see many people talk about bass too much, I am starting to get an impressions that 64 audio iems were then not supposed to be for people who love big bass, and at the same time it makes me wonder again if the u12 has the bass i look for compared to shure 846

I can tell you that for me, I had always though a lot of bass and IEM's seemed impossible. I had there 846's and did not like them. I had sold them and bought the Sennheiser IE800's. To me the bass was much superior. I got the A12's this week and it has more bass than the IE800's, but more detailed.

Jan 27, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #3,252 of 9,124

I can tell you that for me, I had always though a lot of bass and IEM's seemed impossible. I had there 846's and did not like them. I had sold them and bought the Sennheiser IE800's. To me the bass was much superior. I got the A12's this week and it has more bass than the IE800's, but more detailed.

so can i assume it has less bass than the shure 846 from your reply

i totally respect people's preferences in regards to bass, but my priority is bass and warm sound signatures that is more analogue sounding and to be a forgiving iem, because most of my music is synthpop and usually such genre do not have great recording qualities 

also it baffles me how can this iem have bass with the adel technology that releases the pressure from the ear, as i am always assuming the pressure is what gives the bass its impact, so is the u12 or adel iems have a different sense of bass compared to regular iems

Jan 27, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #3,253 of 9,124

i totally respect people's preferences in regards to bass, but my priority is bass and warm sound signatures that is more analogue sounding and to be a forgiving iem, because most of my music is synthpop and usually such genre do not have great recording qualities 

also it baffles me how can this iem have bass with the adel technology that releases the pressure from the ear, as i am always assuming the pressure is what gives the bass its impact, so is the u12 or adel iems have a different sense of bass compared to regular iems

How do you come to that conclusion? The IE800's have more bass than the 846's.

Get the JH Roxanne's. You can turn the bass up till your hearts content.

Jan 27, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #3,254 of 9,124

I'm a bass player, and I'm now finally satisfied with amount of bass i get through A12. For reference, none of my other IEMs have succeeded to fill that needs before

Jan 27, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #3,255 of 9,124
I'm a bass player, and I'm now finally satisfied with amount of bass i get through A12. For reference, none of my other IEMs have succeeded to fill that needs before

Good to hear. Ever tried Future Sonics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back