1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Oct 13, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #2,479 of 9,124

But... Isn't A series based on Adel? That's what I see in the designer. So what's this separate "A series" that is available and is not Adel series?

I believe he meant to say "V" series. ADEL series don't ustilize these.

I... Yeah... I meant that V series. I'll go edit that now... Thanks for pointing that out!

Oct 13, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #2,480 of 9,124
You know what would be nice? Some more transparency about the status of the U series. I'm pretty sure they said they would be shipping a while back, and nothing yet....

The last update indicated the first U12 models would begin shipping out at the end of this week. Which means U8's should be done going out this week.

Personally, I found their language use of "this week" and "next week" challenging, especially since their update came out on a Friday or Saturday, but I believe I translated it correctly, and am hopeful to receive a shipping notice sometime soon.

If I don't receive a shipping notice and there's no updates, I'll be a bit disappointed.

Oct 14, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #2,483 of 9,124
Hi, nice pictures, they look great. Can you tell me about the removable metal part in the bottom half of the iem, shown in the last picture? I think thats the ADEL module but I can't see a reason for removing it. Thanks
that is the Adel module :) they're removable so that you can exchange them for the adjustable ones and different variants on the Adel modules, as they become available. Also, for instance, my a6 initially came with a broken Adel module. 1964 was able to send me just the module, instead of having to take in the whole earpiece.

Oct 14, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #2,484 of 9,124
I got used to listening to the A12s and now I'm listening to skull candies.  The music listerally sounds lifeless now, it's like a different song altogether-the impact is gone.  The fuzz of the guitars in Beastwars' songs sounded orgasmic on my A12's and the incredible sound of the bass guitar, wow I was in audio bliss.  Upset that they made such an amazing ciem, that i'll be without a few weeks.  =(  Anyway I'm getting a blemish on the inside of my left ciem repaired while it's under warranty.  Skull candies sound horrible.

Oct 14, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #2,485 of 9,124
  I got used to listening to the A12s and now I'm listening to skull candies.  The music listerally sounds lifeless now, it's like a different song altogether-the impact is gone.  The fuzz of the guitars in Beastwars' songs sounded orgasmic on my A12's and the incredible sound of the bass guitar, wow I was in audio bliss.  Upset that they made such an amazing ciem, that i'll be without a few weeks.  =(  Anyway I'm getting a blemish on the inside of my left ciem repaired while it's under warranty.  Skull candies sound horrible.

Skull Candy = 0
A12 = 1

Oct 14, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #2,487 of 9,124
  Just received a FedEx tracking number and delivery date of 10/19 for my U12 - WooHoooo. They have started shipping the U12s.

That's great news, congrats!

May I ask which color you chose for your U12? I'm still eagerly waiting for my shipping confirmation (red U12).

Oct 14, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #2,489 of 9,124
Has anyone auditioned both the A6 and the A12? I'd like to see how these two models compare. What is the benefit of having quad instead of dual drivers, on paper and in sq terms? Mids are the most important to me, so the A6 signature immediately looked good to me (I'm also a fan of the slightly forward Shure house sound), but I'm thinking once the adjustable ADEL modules become available, the low end will be somewhat adjustable anyway, and I'm sure I could make the A12 fit my needs tuning-wise.

Classical and jazz are my main genres, but I listen to a pretty wide range of genres, from Aphex Twin via Shostakovich to Emperor, so I'd need it to handle everything. What say ye? A6 or A12?

Another doubt I have, is how much bulkier is the A12? Would they protrude from mid-sized ears?

Thanks

Oct 14, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #2,490 of 9,124
Good question. I am still waiting for A6 to be available as a demo kit so that i could test it out. A12 is a killer, but so is the price for it. While most may say it's still cheaper of the lot, but it burst my budget, so i am waiting to see if A6 would fit me and my budget.

But if price is not an issue, I would think A12 is the ultimate in the range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back