1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Jul 29, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #1,816 of 9,124
Yea, I put them all on "No Change" and save the settings, but when I play the song again and check the settings, the software will change the settings back to stock settings(i guess)-where it downconverts most of the higher quality to 96khz.  Heres my settings.

MBP only outputs 96khz natively, the rest will be downsampled unless you have an external DAC that supports 192 kHz.

Jul 29, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #1,817 of 9,124
  Yea, I put them all on "No Change" and save the settings, but when I play the song again and check the settings, the software will change the settings back to stock settings(i guess)-where it downconverts most of the higher quality to 96khz.  Heres my settings.

That's odd. I can't figure out what the issue might be then. I'm sorry my skill level with MC 20 isn't high enough. Maybe you can ask at the JRiver community. There has to be something we're both missing! Again, sorry I couldn't help.

Jul 29, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #1,819 of 9,124
MBP only outputs 96khz natively, the rest will be downsampled unless you have an external DAC that supports 192 kHz.

Excellent, answer I was looking for.  Thanks!

Jul 29, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #1,820 of 9,124
  That's odd. I can't figure out what the issue might be then. I'm sorry my skill level with MC 20 isn't high enough. Maybe you can ask at the JRiver community. There has to be something we're both missing! Again, sorry I couldn't help.

No problems, Levanter figured it out.

Jul 30, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #1,826 of 9,124
I just noticed a very strange phenomenon with my A12's  I get a buzzing sound when I slide my chair across the floor.  I've noticed it before with my skull candies but its way more clear with the A12's.  Is this static electricity harmful? I'm sure it's less than the electricity that's running through the wire to the CIEMs.  Maybe I should get a rug under my chair, my chair is basically an office chair with plastic wheels on top of a clear plastic mat with a tile floor underneath.

Jul 31, 2015 at 4:26 AM Post #1,827 of 9,124
Last Saturday was the Seattle Head-Fi meet and 1964 Ears came up from Portland to join us.  I was excited when our meet organizer extraordinaire (BigPappa) told us Vitaliy the President of 1964 Ears would be coming up.  Then I arrive at the meet and see Vitaliy had brought along Stephen Ambrose the inventor of the ADEL technology!  How cool is that?

During the Kickstarter I went back and forth trying to decide between the A10 & A12, finally settling on the A12 at the last minutes of the campaign.  Seeing they brought the A10 I couldn't let the chance to try them pass me by.  The A10 was impressive for sure.  With less bass than the A12 the female vocals just popped out with immense clarity and accuracy.  Vitaliy mentioned most of the A10s are being brought by studio/recording engineers and the like and with the clarity of these I can see why.  Was I left wishing I had backed the A10 instead?  No, the A12 are just way too much fun!

Some observations or things I learned  (in my own words, to my best recollection):

Both Vitaliy and Stephen are great people to meet - easy, approachable and very interesting to listen to!
You could tell the (minimal in my opinion - cough, cough LH) delays on the Kickstarter deliveries really bugged Vitaliy, but he's clearly committed to delivering quality.
For instance, he's not satisfied with the current self-tuning module in plastic and the module in the A10 I tried was a new (very sexy looking) machined aluminum unit.
For those like me who couldn't resist pulling out your ADEL modules, be sure hold them by the knobs and to not squeeze the tube as it can deform them and impact the tension of the ADEL membrane (thus they've created the machined aluminum modules).
The tunable ADEL modules are coming.  They will be stainless steel.  1964 is taking the time and care to make sure the design and manufacturing of such a small and detailed part results in something that it is also very durable and dependable.
I also compared a pre-production A6 to my V6-Stage, and not surprisingly the sounded a lot the V6-Stage but with the added goodness of ADEL.  While not a match against the A12, I'm confident if you've backed the A6 or U6 you will be really happy with your purchase.
Stephen brought his prototype inflatable IEMs and a few were able to try them out.  I didn't realize this until we were walking out the door (would have loved to try these).
The A12 seems to scale incredibly well.  Barra was able to get the latest version of the Zana Deux amp on loan for the meet.  While I truly love the A12 run from my Ember they were sublime on the ZD.

-Eric

Jul 31, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #1,828 of 9,124
DO you guys use equalizers?  I usually spike the far left and right and gradually come back down to the center, making something between a V and U.  I listen to metal and right now my DAP is an Iphone.  What are your thoughts on EQ'ing such nice iems?

Jul 31, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #1,829 of 9,124
  DO you guys use equalizers?  I usually spike the far left and right and gradually come back down to the center, making something between a V and U.  I listen to metal and right now my DAP is an Iphone.  What are your thoughts on EQ'ing such nice iems?

sure, whatever suits you. however, for purist, eq-ing is a no no.

Jul 31, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #1,830 of 9,124

sure, whatever suits you. however, for purist, eq-ing is a no no.

Thank you, I was going back and forth between my skull candies and my A12's, there were sounds that the skull candies didn't even pick up.  I am amazed, I just heard something I've never heard before on my favorite album(it is expertly produced and mastered): Xanthochroid - Blessed He With Boils. Hold on while I pick my jaw up off the floor.
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back